Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    im sorry but anyone getting panicked over someone open carrying if they are just going about thier day is an idiot. a criminal is going to want to conceal that gun till they're ready to strike
    I understand. But they do. Not so much here locally. But still, so many are misinformed about firearms or even the laws, they overreact. Personally, I do not want anyone to know I am carrying a handgun. I agree, this action by Walmart will have zero impact on someone wanting to shoot others in their stores. Like you said, criminals do not care about laws anyway and would naturally want to conceal their weapon, or simply run into the store with a rifle and start shooting.

But it will help to keep people from feeling afraid and with all the media attention to these latest shootings, they will feel uncomfortable seeing anyone with a firearm on their person. At best, other companies which sell handguns and ammo for rifles like the AR-15, will benefit from this decision. Like I said, Rural King is just across the street from our Walmart and there are several other gun stores around, such as Vance Outdoors. I bet they are smiling at this decision by Walmart.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I understand. But they do. Not so much here locally. But still, so many are misinformed about firearms or even the laws, they overreact. Personally, I do not want anyone to know I am carrying a handgun. I agree, this action by Walmart will have zero impact on someone wanting to shoot others in their stores. Like you said, criminals do not care about laws anyway and would naturally want to conceal their weapon, or simply run into the store with a rifle and start shooting.

But it will help to keep people from feeling afraid and with all the media attention to these latest shootings, they will feel uncomfortable seeing anyone with a firearm on their person. At best, other companies which sell handguns and ammo for rifles like the AR-15, will benefit from this decision. Like I said, Rural King is just across the street from our Walmart and there are several other gun stores around, such as Vance Outdoors. I bet they are smiling at this decision by Walmart.
    eh i'll avoid them its their right to not allow open carry but i'm of the mind i dont allow other or event dictate how i carry. i've open carried for 8 years now and i've gotten more people asking about the laws in pa than people wanting to be confrontational about it
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    eh i'll avoid them its their right to not allow open carry but i'm of the mind i dont allow other or event dictate how i carry. i've open carried for 8 years now and i've gotten more people asking about the laws in pa than people wanting to be confrontational about it
    You can still open carry here in Ohio also. And I have seen customers in our Walmart carrying openly a handgun and no one was upset or paid much attention to it. I personally have no issue with it. But that does not change the mind of many who do. And it does bug me to see a no firearm sign on a place of business. Thankfully, those are not very common here.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You can still open carry here in Ohio also. And I have seen customers in our Walmart carrying openly a handgun and no one was upset or paid much attention to it. I personally have no issue with it. But that does not change the mind of many who do. And it does bug me to see a no firearm sign on a place of business. Thankfully, those are not very common here.
    yeah around where i live its very rare to see a no firearms sign even with all the transplants from nyc and nj moving here its a very gun friendly place
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Kroger joins Wal-Mart. Customers will be asked not to open carry in stores.

Kroger also won't sell ammunition or guns. Of course, they're a grocery store, so this won't hurt their sales much.

Kroger owns Fred Meyer, big store chain in the Northwest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    So how can we have a check for private sales? Only way I can think of is having a gun registry so gun ownership can be tracked which would go over swimmingly and if someone sold a gun and doesn't report it's new owner harsh fines and maybe jail time.

But we can't do that cuz reasons.
    Simple.

You require the background check for private sales. Citizens wanting to do so get to figure it out. When they inevitably don't bother, they're now a criminal, illegally trafficking weapons, and will be treated as such. If a weapon they sold is later used in a crime, they may be held accountable as an accessory.

This isn't that complicated. People just don't want to bother, because they prefer the status quo of mass shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Simple.

You require the background check for private sales. Citizens wanting to do so get to figure it out. When they inevitably don't bother, they're now a criminal, illegally trafficking weapons, and will be treated as such. If a weapon they sold is later used in a crime, they may be held accountable as an accessory.

This isn't that complicated. People just don't want to bother, because they prefer the status quo of mass shootings.
    If people really wanted to challenge the status quo they would look for the reasons not scream a tool is evil because it is misused. Take car bombs and suicide bombers we don't try to ban cars we look into the people driving them.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Kroger joins Wal-Mart. Customers will be asked not to open carry in stores.

Kroger also won't sell ammunition or guns. Of course, they're a grocery store, so this won't hurt their sales much.
    Here in Vermont if the store has a no guns sign up people who disregard it can technically be charged and jailed,the result is very few people bothering to carry a gun in spite of the fact we can concealed carry with out a permit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    If people really wanted to challenge the status quo they would look for the reasons not scream a tool is evil because it is misused. Take car bombs and suicide bombers we don't try to ban cars we look into the people driving them.
    They do ban and track explosive devices and commonly-used explosive ingredients, though.

Funny how that works.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cars have a safe, nonviolent use. Guns, not so much. Also, annual reminder that the Boston Marathon Bomber only killed 3 people (did injury bunches more though, but they survived) and that last... Christ I don't even remember which shooting now, killed 9 people in under a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Kroger owns Fred Meyer, big store chain in the Northwest.
    Many Fred Meyers have not had squat in the way of ammunition for some time. No big change.

No, but we ban bombs, you dipshit.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-09-04 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming - Join discussion civilly. Do not insult others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Universal background checks would only be effective if they are accompanied by mandatory life imprisonment without parole for knowingly being prohibited from owning a firearm and either trying to purchase one or being found in the possession of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Cars have a safe, nonviolent use. Guns, not so much. Also, annual reminder that the Boston Marathon Bomber only killed 3 people (did injury bunches more though, but they survived) and that last... Christ I don't even remember which shooting now, killed 9 people in under a minute.
    The Dayton shooter was stopped in 32 seconds or so. In that time, he killed 9 people and wounded 20 more. He also had at least one 100 round drum magazine. Can you imagine how many more people he would have killed if he hadn't been stopped as quickly as he was?

Maybe cons can explain why anyone needs a fucking 100 ROUND DRUM MAGAGINZE?! That has no feasible use. If you need 100 rounds to go hunting, you are a crappy shot and shouldn't be hunting. There is zero reason magazines that large should be legal; the only reason you would want one is if you are planning to shoot a place up and want to fire as much as you can without having to reload.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    A reminder: The shooter in Dayton was stopped in 32 seconds or so. In that time, he still killed 9 people and wounded roughly 20 more. He also had at least one 100 round drum magazine for his AR-15. Imagine how many people he would have killed if he hadn't been stopped so fast.

Maybe cons can explain why anyone needs a fucking 100 ROUND DRUM MAGAZINE?! That has no feasible use. If you need 100 rounds to go hunting, you are a crappy shot and shouldn't be hunting and as it stands, the .223 round the AR-15 uses is a crappy round for hunting. There is zero reason magazines that large should be legal; the only reason you would want one is if you are planning to shoot a place up and want to fire as much as you can without having to reload.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    A reminder: The shooter in Dayton was stopped in 32 seconds or so. In that time, he still killed 9 people and wounded roughly 20 more. He also had at least one 100 round drum magazine for his AR-15. Imagine how many people he would have killed if he hadn't been stopped so fast.

Maybe cons can explain why anyone needs a fucking 100 ROUND DRUM MAGAZINE?! That has no feasible use. If you need 100 rounds to go hunting, you are a crappy shot and shouldn't be hunting and as it stands, the .223 round the AR-15 uses is a crappy round for hunting. There is zero reason magazines that large should be legal; the only reason you would want one is if you are planning to shoot a place up and want to fire as much as you can without having to reload.
    You seem to be mistaken the second amendment isnt about hunting
    Get your shit together

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The Dayton shooter was stopped in 32 seconds or so. In that time, he killed 9 people and wounded 20 more. He also had at least one 100 round drum magazine. Can you imagine how many more people he would have killed if he hadn't been stopped as quickly as he was?

Maybe cons can explain why anyone needs a fucking 100 ROUND DRUM MAGAGINZE?! That has no feasible use. If you need 100 rounds to go hunting, you are a crappy shot and shouldn't be hunting. There is zero reason magazines that large should be legal; the only reason you would want one is if you are planning to shoot a place up and want to fire as much as you can without having to reload.
    Was this idiotic point needed to be posted in 2 different threads? Not everyone a drum mag is planning on going on a killing spree I'm willing to bet 99.9999999999999% arent but you continue on with your flawed opinion
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be mistaken the second amendment isnt about hunting
    Yeah: It was about making sure states could organize effective militias in the aftermath of the Revolutionary War for defense since the US did not have a standing army at the time, since forced quartering of the British standing army was one of the grievances that led to the war in the first place.

This notion that it's always been about individual gun rights is a legal fiction cooked up by right wingers and has only been around for 11 years.

You aren't answering the question: What possible reason would a normal sane person have to need a 100 round fucking magazine?

Of course, there is no reason a normal person would need such a thing. The only people who would want such a thing are people like the Dayton shooter who want to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible.

So for today's edition of "how'd he get the guns?":

Seth Ator, the shooter, had applied to get a gun but failed a background check, a representative for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said at the press conference.
    Ator bought the weapon used in the shootings in a private sale, which doesn't require a background check, a law enforcement official told CNN Tuesday.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/02/u...day/index.html

Womp womp. Background checks are kind of worthless if private sales don't require them...

- - - Updated - - -

Cars require license and registration.

There is no Amendment to the Constitution that prevents the US government from doing its job and properly regulating cars, you see.

And yeah, there's no right to bear bombs lol. You can't even buy large quantities of fertiliser in most of the US anymore, because it's a bomb precursor. Again, no right to bear fertiliser. But for some reason guns are completely different.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2019-09-04 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.