Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What level are u in classic if u dont mind me asking?

Im level 27 and the general chat is being spamed for "help" in all kinds of quests.
    Questions left and right
    Grouping so no one steals mobs from eachother.
    People waiting for respawns
    People helping eachother on the "nighmare" elite quests.

You may have not experience this if you are low level and left behind deserted areas...thats what i assume :S
    Doesn't matter what level you are the leveling experience is the same, chats being spammed for groups and I see it in both classic and retail

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What level are u in classic if u dont mind me asking?

Im level 27 and the general chat is being spamed for "help" in all kinds of quests.
    Questions left and right
    Grouping so no one steals mobs from eachother.
    People waiting for respawns
    People helping eachother on the "nighmare" elite quests.

You may have not experience this if you are low level and left behind deserted areas...thats what i assume :S
    Also I literally said nothing about there not being social in either I said the social activity in both are the same, so you assuming I'm in a a deserted area makes no sense. I've had low characters in classic and retail and that aspect is unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    Doesn't matter what level you are the leveling experience is the same, chats being spammed for groups and I see it in both classic and retail

- - - Updated - - -

Also I literally said nothing about there not being social in either I said the social activity in both are the same, so you assuming I'm in a a deserted area makes no sense. I've had low characters in classic and retail and that aspect is unchanged.
    Why are you spreading this information? What do you have to gain from this?
    Other people seeing your posts and assuming you are saying the reality?

Or are you blinded by "Classic Hatred"?

Vanilla leveling is insane. Is messed up, is inconvenient, requires patience is pure adversity and child abuse...but all this promotes community.

Why are you saying otherwise...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-03 at 06:56 PM.

It's funny how bad game design is treated as something positive. "Yeah i had to wait 15 mins for this quest item but at least i got to write to people"

I opened the AQ gates in 2006, I thought I might like classic again, but the game design just doesn't do it for me anymore. I'm going to level with a friend that I raided in vanilla with, but with his schedule it will take us months to hit 60.

For what it's worth, I'm currently not playing BFA other than weekly mount farming either, but that's ok as well. Plenty to keep me busy in other areas of life until the game draws me back in.

Classic is not the best.. there are so many things that are just bad... some classes have to play one specific specc to be in a grp etc. Its the better MMORPG compared to BFA, yes.. I still play it when i have time... lets see what they do after classic... hopefully tbc, then i'll play alot more...

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    cause i read this dumbass retail fanboy post... relogging back in now...

i have this one friend whos so salty every time he h ears about how successful classic is. People cant accept that others are happy with something that they dont like i guess.
    Same as me. Got 4 friends who despise classic even though they started playing during cata/mop and for so long went on about how classic will tank and everyone will hate it, and i will be back with my tail between my legs wanting to raid. I've not seen many hating it and my server is full of friendly people having a great time. They get so salty at the fact i aint touched retail since classic came out and am spending all my gaming time on classic and nothing else. Actually so far to say im only doing it to annoy them and make them think they're wrong when they're actually right.

The classic bitchers are salt personified. Im happy i got my game back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    It's funny how bad game design is treated as something positive. "Yeah i had to wait 15 mins for this quest item but at least i got to write to people"
    Today i waited 2h for a spawn (courier in arathi) turned out someone had bugged it and killed the courier but not the bodyguards and they where standing in place at the Wall to hillsbrad and evading everything. But then again Blizzard is a small indie company so things like that is bound to happen.

I had to take a shower and eat

Im actually playing it a little more, since for me there's nothing to do in BfA once Rust/Harvester are farmed. If there was ever an Allied Race I cared about I'd be leveling it now, but there just isn't.

I really wish everyone I know hadn't rolled as Horde, as I seriously hate their aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Im actually playing it a little more, since for me there's nothing to do in BfA once Rust/Harvester are farmed. If there was ever an Allied Race I cared about I'd be leveling it now, but there just isn't.

I really wish everyone I know hadn't rolled as Horde, as I seriously hate their aesthetics.
    I find female orc attractive...may be some kind of fetish though.
    And their dance...10/10.

I stopped playing because I grew from being a I have plenty of sparetime teenager to a grown family man with a lovely child and wife that barely has time to commit to retail let alone play vanilla.

It gave me a good nostalgia when I logged in and saw the screen, but the immense queues keep me from playing with my friends.

Like a lot of you, the leveling is killing me right now, skill variety is really bad, you end up using the same skill over and over... I'm sure it is a different story at lvl 60 but to get there would take too much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Because that is how it was back then and how we made friends, in some cases, for years to come. Some of us like reliving these experiences for as long as it's entertaining. You don't have to understand it and it's clear that you wouldn't like it, and that's ok. Enjoying playing old style MMORPGs is a niche thing. It most certainly isn't for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    - Slow leveling
    - Hundred Players tagging one mob/vein/flower/whatever
    - Slow Battles
    - Boring as fuck
    - Not enough QoL

Just as expected.
    This actually pleases me greatly. Game is far from boring but its exactly this train of thought that led to wow's downfall.

It's too popular so I didn't make it back through the queue after work until I had to sleep, but I will be back! Tomorrow I'm free so I can log in early!

Quote Originally Posted by Bae View Post
    Same as me. Got 4 friends who despise classic even though they started playing during cata/mop and for so long went on about how classic will tank and everyone will hate it, and i will be back with my tail between my legs wanting to raid. I've not seen many hating it and my server is full of friendly people having a great time. They get so salty at the fact i aint touched retail since classic came out and am spending all my gaming time on classic and nothing else. Actually so far to say im only doing it to annoy them and make them think they're wrong when they're actually right.

The classic bitchers are salt personified. Im happy i got my game back.
    Jesus I wish people like you weren't then there to ruin classic.

Quote Originally Posted by myriado View Post
    Like a lot of you, the leveling is killing me right now, skill variety is really bad, you end up using the same skill over and over... I'm sure it is a different story at lvl 60 but to get there would take too much time.
    Its actually worse at 60, while leveling you use abilities to kite or cc mobs often at 60 in raids you use 1 button for most classes, maybe 2. You'll use more buttons in dungeons than raids though because you'll be allowed to put your dots up in dungeons and not in raids. Pvp of-course you use a lot more.

Because combat, class design and tagging system are a huge mess. Most classes are boring, dungeons are even easier than retail and the quest system is awful.

Besides, I've already played classic back in 2004 and I don't miss much of it. I might go back if a lot of people are playing BGs once phase 2 rolls out but as of now it's just the same experience as playing on a vanilla private server.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    There is no skill involved when you have 2 abilities to use, the greatest player in the world and my 6 year old daughter have the same chance of living if they body pull a mob or two too many at that level. Enjoy paying for BFA to play classic.
    I'm more than happy to support Retail if that gives me the chance to play Classic. If you like Retail better that's perfectly fine with me. All the power to you. It's too bad more Retail players can't stop crapping on Classic and just appreciate all the financial support and franchise publicity that Classic has brought back to WoW that will most likely in the long run benefit Retail.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    i have this one friend whos so salty every time he h ears about how successful classic is. People cant accept that others are happy with something that they dont like i guess.
    Claiming that it is successful just because a lot of people are playing the first week is a bit premature. That's like saying that Diablo 3's seasons are successful. Most players only play the first week of a season and then get bored. Just give it some more time. Let's talk success in a month or two.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!