Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bye Bye Resto Shaman. Another QQ post

I rerolled on patch 3.3 from Holy Paladin to Resto Shaman. I was in an alliance guild with no shamans at that point.
    That is almost 10 years ago. I had my ups and downs but i was happy with my punky resto shaman. I survived Firelands ( Balegor and Ragnaros ... ), i have seen plain buffs to all healing at start of almost all expansions ( Cata, WoD ... )

At the end I cleared every single boss and i got almost all Cutting Edge ( missing Archimonde because i quit, and Helya because i was on holidays! )

BUT this is enough ... i am not putting my guild into the decision of taking me over other "less skilled" healer just because shamans are not competitive not even after the "buff". So i am rerolling, it is time to say goodbye to my beloved punky shaman to a more useful healer for end content raiding, i want to have fun again.

To the devs i would just say thanks for all the fish but tbf i just want to tell them to f...k off

To the shaman community keep it up people! We will survive!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man... I feel your pain... My main is a Resto Shaman and my guild made me some "off healer" if needed . I still got a spot in the raid because i have my ele spec geared as well otherwise i would have warmed the bench 100%. I really hope that blizzard will do something about this... we were decent last patch because the encounters helped us but now... this is insane...

you can clear every content with a resto shaman

Mitigation > raw healing. Always has been, always will be.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    you can clear every content with a resto shaman
    Yes, you are correct but if you are in a hard,semi-hard core guild, you wont get a spot in a raid as a resto shaman...

If you raid 2-3 days/week , there should be no problem clearing the content with a resto shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Frapps View Post
    Yes, you are correct but if you are in a hard,semi-hard core guild, you wont get a spot in a raid as a resto shaman...

If you raid 2-3 days/week , there should be no problem clearing the content with a resto shaman
    It's only the 3rd most popular spec in mythic raiding. Brings a very unique and extremely strong cd and they have the best dmg output by a healer which opens up some options on fights. If you look at the last half of the raid almost every single kill has a resto shammy in it. While I am sure some groups grind week in and week out in heroic or backing into mythic might not take them due to hps reasons alone. A hard core guild as you put it is certainly bringing one.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Mitigation > raw healing. Always has been, always will be.
    thats not what logs say

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    It's only the 3rd most popular spec in mythic raiding. Brings a very unique and extremely strong cd and they have the best dmg output by a healer which opens up some options on fights. If you look at the last half of the raid almost every single kill has a resto shammy in it. While I am sure some groups grind week in and week out in heroic or backing into mythic might not take them due to hps reasons alone. A hard core guild as you put it is certainly bringing one.
    yeah people who are crying here are people who have never tried out and put hard work into a guild past a single expansion. Resto shamans have been clearing mythics since the beginning and may not be in world first kills but people who main them have killed bosses in every raid tier at top level. Some fight require sucking it up and not being#1 on the meters (looking at ToT). However in 20/25 man resto shamans have been integral in keeping the raid alive through so much crap over the years. I remember some fights ordering the groups and positioning just to keep everyone's heals effective. Most raids don't even have healing assignments just because every AE turned into a smart heal. Furthermore everyone's average gear ilvl is super boosted compared to what people used to start raiding in. They don't even realize with some creativity you can bypass a lot of mechanics but hey qq i'm a resto shaman i'm the punching bag of the game ikr?

stop the qq

For cheesing mythic raiding content you bring discs and paladins not shamans, nor resto druids.

Just check logs where you find shamans this tier. We are plainly useless for Cutting Edge ... of course i would get it at some point but i won't be "progressing", meaning warming bench that is a no go for me. So let's cheese it ... and take 2 paladins to raid that makes encounters way easier ...

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daehin View Post
    For cheesing mythic raiding content you bring discs and paladins not shamans, nor resto druids.

Just check logs where you find shamans this tier. We are plainly useless for Cutting Edge ... of course i would get it at some point but i won't be "progressing", meaning warming bench that is a no go for me. So let's cheese it ... and take 2 paladins to raid that makes encounters way easier ...
    you are soooo correct .... i was lucky to get a spot for every raid cuz we have 2 palading 1 druid and me as a shaman. I'm not saying that shamans are totally crap but for at least half of the eternal palace raid , we are kinda underperforming and usually we are asked to play with our dps traits for extra damage while using our healing cd's like link and healing tide. I have to mention that Resto shamans with ele traits on azshara fight is totally broken and kinda fun to play xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've just fired up my old Shaman and this is honestly not encouraging lol

Funny, I'm just thinking how happy my raid was to get a Shaman for spirit link when there's so many fights that just pulse out large amounts of AoE damage in staggered intervals.

Tbh... I see no reason why someone would like resto shaman in raid

Ex-mythic RL here (stopped raiding due to IRL... "things")... and I can tell you- rshaman is AMAZING tool to have in raid.

Spirit link totem (if well timed/placed) is a RAID WIPE saving cooldown. Then, there is aoe root, aoe stun, range kick, purge.... Tbh, only ignorant RLs who do nothing on their own but follow other streamers and copy-paste them or follow their addons.... would reject good rshaman in raid.

there always would be top "cheese" specs for hardcore pushing you just say everyone wants disc and pala for mytych, that leaves holy priest, resto and monks in the same spot of shamans, so whats your point you want your favorite spec to be OP?

can we rename qq threads into I wish my epeen was bigger? Come on raw healing and mitigation are equal just one gets counted first and we have seen EVERY expansion week 1 resto shamans are OP. Past your first kill everything else in MEANINGLESS.

Can we actually get some basis from people posting in this thread. How far into EP on mythic have people gotten.
    Like I've cleared EP on mythic and only a few fights has it felt like shamans were lacking. There is nothing wrong with shaman, the issue lies with how the other classes are tuned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Resto shamans just need some shield healing spell. Like a totem that soaks incoming damage or something. That would do the trick.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Resto shamans just need some shield healing spell. Like a totem that soaks incoming damage or something. That would do the trick.
    You mean Earthen Wall Totem?

I don't understand...

For a competitive guild, "cutting edge" is a given, non issue.
    For a casual mythic raiding guild that AIMS for cutting edge, I can only see that their concern is having 20 core people to show up on time... What is their healer's spec is the least of their concern.

No?

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    I don't understand...

For a competitive guild, "cutting edge" is a given, non issue.
    For a casual mythic raiding guild that AIMS for cutting edge, I can only see that their concern is having 20 core people to show up on time... What is their healer's spec is the least of their concern.

No?
    Why bring up a thread that was dead for months? In fact this thread seems to have a habit of people doing that.

nothing wrong with resto. stop complaining