Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Another leak backing up the Shadowlands expansion. Even has a screenshot;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ming-Cinematic
    """"backing up""""

It's clearly by the same person. Some random unrelated leaker isn't going to start off a leak by desperately trying (and failing) to refute all the problems brought up with the Shadowlands fake.

Additionally:

•The map was absolutely not a mockup made for a """layout-pitch""". That was one of the primary problems with it. It's made to look nice instead of actually communicating information. It is painfully obvious that the fake map was made to try and convince people it was a real leak, not to be any sort of internal map. And once again, why would you ever, ever cover up part of a concept map, especially a fucking layout map, with a dumb logo? You'd put it on another slide, or off to the side because you are trying to get people to see the layout (especially if it's one of many).
    •"The blood-troll zone where Bwonsamdi is fighting against a blood-based false god stepping in on his territory is completely different from the blood-troll zone where Bwonsamdi is fighting against a blood-based false stepping in on his territory, because this time the blood trolls aren't the enemy!!!" Okay, sure.
    •There is no way on earth that Sylvanas attacking and conquering the capital of the Alliance would be explained in a fucking comic. People may parrot retarded complaints about "the story" being in books and shit, but the outside media has always been supportive, not main events. The sole extent of Before the Storm's important information is "Calia died and was brought back from the dead". A Good War and Elegy just add more information and narrate the Darkshore/Ashenvale intros from the prepatch. There is not going to be a comic where suddenly Sylvanas controls Stormwind.
    •Why would Calia need to be the "interim Forsaken faction leader during the raid"? First, the majority of the Forsaken would be on the enemy side, and second there's no reason for her to suddenly show up and command what basically amounts to just Voss.
    •This entire thing gives Alliance literally zero reason to work with either the Horde OR Sylvanas in the Shadowlands.
    •There is zero point in adding in Tyrande finishing off Nathanos only to have Nathanos immediately back in the cinematic at the end of the raid.
    •This seems to fail to understand very basic logistics of WoW: You can't end a 7.3 patch with everyone including the players somehow canonically dead and in the Shadowlands, because there is still months of them having to be able to go around and do regular shit. Not to mention that now your prepatch doesn't make any sense at all. If they don't get a way back until 9.0 via the 9.0 "hearthstone" what can happen in the prepatch? What is the prepatch for anyone who doesn't raid? They were fine and grinding stuff in Nazjatar then suddenly they wake up dead in Stormwind? Antorus' cinematic was able to lead into 8.0 because it only laid seeds. The wound was created and then people went about their business and tried to figure out what to do with it and with Azerite. You can't go about your business if the raid cinematic ends with your character sailing off to the Shadowlands.
    •Why the fuck would helya's vrykul ships all have the same out-of-place sylvanas icon slapped on them?
    •"The last boss of BfA was indeed shown in the Azshara defeat cinematic" This isn't what was said. Ion allegedly said players would "know" who the final boss is by the end of 8.2.

Azshara and N'Zoth are both bosses in the next expansion. We won't be facing them again (at least physically) in BfA.
    It amazes me people still do this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It amazes me people still do this shit.
    Why are you putting so much leverage on this single pic? You're mostly quite reasonable when it comes to WoW lore / leak stuff but somehow you're obsessed with this picture and your interpretation. That slide can mean anything and nothing and I expect Blizzard to be more subtile than to show us a fish that indicates N'zoth as the endboss of BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why are you putting so much leverage on this single pic? You're mostly quite reasonable when it comes to WoW lore / leak stuff but somehow you're obsessed with this picture and your interpretation. That slide can mean anything and nothing and I expect Blizzard to be more subtile than to show us a fish that indicates N'zoth as the endboss of BfA.
    Because there's no reason to assume that picture is ANYTHING but a very literal, direct tease of exactly what is coming in 8.3. They copied exactly what they did with Argus's slide at the end of the 7.2 presentation.

The slide can mean a lot of things, N'zoth is the last boss, Ny'alotha is the 8.3 location, the 8.3 Location is in the deep depths of the ocean, hell, I would even accept N'zoth makes a bargain with us to fight Sylvanas and we become the harbingers of the Black Empire. I would even accept this dumb 8.3 Stormwind leak if part of it was that N'zoth attacks the city from the sea along with us, or that it involves both fighting him off and dealing with Sylvanas, or anything where he is involved.

What it absolutely, 101% does not mean is: 8.3 is a patch that has nothing to do with N'zoth except that there are a couple raid bosses who have been whisper-corrupted.

This is just War of the Thorns all over again.

"Everything about Sylvanas personality and the events leading up to Darkshore suggest that she's going to end up just burning the tree out of desperation or something."

"NO! NO! Sylvanas is going to secretly end up being on the good side and Genn is going to burn down his own home and the home of the people who took his refugees in!"
    "Wrathion is going to show up and burn down Teldrassil to start another war to keep trying his make-one-faction-stronger plan!"
    "Azshara is going to burn down Teldrassil to trick the Alliance and Horde into attacking each other!"

Like c'mon. There's wanting something cool and then there's just ignoring the writing on the wall. The entire expansion has been leading up to N'zoth. He's at the forefront of a warbringer video, he's teased in Stormheim and Shrine of the Storms, he's doubled down on in Crucible of Storms, he's increasingly active in the Xal'atath questlines, he shows up in both the intro cinematic for Nazjatar and the finale cinematic for Eternal Palace where he is freed and gives an ominous final line, and you're telling me that after all that--- all that N'zoth--that Blizzard picked a picture of N'zoth for "what's next" and 8.3 is going to have zero N'zoth?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Another leak backing up the Shadowlands expansion. Even has a screenshot;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ming-Cinematic
    please don't be true.
    A death themed expansion done in this way does not appeal to me at all and also a really shitty way to end bfa.
    Also no sign of a old world revamp which the game really really needs now.
    If this leak is real I probably won't play it for long.

Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    please don't be true.
    A death themed expansion done in this way does not appeal to me at all and also a really shitty way to end bfa.
    Yeah, that sounds really silly. I also agree with you about an old world revamp, the game needs it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    please don't be true.
    Its a no for me, not even 10% likely.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Still kind of wild that we really have no idea what's coming next. Usually by now we've seen a consensus in the "leaks" where things are going to go (and Blizz surprises us by doing something different).

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    Still kind of wild that we really have no idea what's coming next. Usually by now we've seen a consensus in the "leaks" where things are going to go (and Blizz surprises us by doing something different).
    I think the Shadowlands stuff is the most believable yet although the leaks are way too elaborate for this point in time.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Waiting room for Necromancer or/with Tinkers at the same time, new talents, lvl squish, revamp of cata zones or new big zone, no factions or more factions. Cross raids. And idk bring back hit :v

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    Well leak season starts to go strong when we datamine the last patch. That is not possible now. Hell we might not even get 8.3 on the PTR before BlizzCon. Which is kinda shit cause we won't break the previous records. And the Classic VS Retail threads throw the thread off the main page, so people don't find us.

More likely than not, just like previous expansions, one or two of the leaks in this thread are for the most part true. Everybody just disregards them as bullshit like all the years before and people still cannot learn. Nothing was ever leaked 100% true because a few of the features they said were missing but the general ideas were always leaked in advance. I remember when no one believed warlords of draenor was a legit leak and same for bfa and legion.
    Shadowlands seems to be very probable with tinkers coming in as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    More likely than not, just like previous expansions, one or two of the leaks in this thread are for the most part true. Everybody just disregards them as bullshit like all the years before and people still cannot learn. Nothing was ever leaked 100% true because a few of the features they said were missing but the general ideas were always leaked in advance. I remember when no one believed warlords of draenor was a legit leak and same for bfa and legion.
    Shadowlands seems to be very probable with tinkers coming in as well.
    But all leaks in these threads were always on day of blizzcon or a day or two before
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    But all leaks in these threads were always on day of blizzcon or a day or two before
    Were they? I'm pretty sure we found the webpage a week before and retroactively managed to find the good leak.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had MoP and WoD leaks in the summer while their announcements were in the fall. The Shadowlands leak actually fits right along with the timeline, but is way more detailed than the leaks in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    We need to wait until 8.3 PTR where they are probably going to add 'by mistake' 9.0 armor sets like what happened with Broken Isles, Iron Horde and Kul Tiras leveling gear. However, the big question here now are we getting 8.3 PTR before or after Blizzcon, if after, it means both 8.3 and 9.0 get to be announced during Blizzcon.
    Likely after considering the anniversary patch is in November, same month as Blizzcon. When Cataclysm was announced, Fall of the Lich King hadn't even been announced yet. We probably won't get 8.3 until January, possibly even February.

90% of the leaks just are obviously fake sounding.

I doubt ´9.0 will be old gods or shadowlands at this point.

Want to make a believable leak? Remove either of those two. if i see something about world revamp instead i would call it more believable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shadowlands leak actually fits right along with the timeline, but is way more detailed than the leaks in the past.
    That's the main reason i don't believe any of the big "leaks" that were announced. If a real leak would be revealed and it gathered enough popularity Blizz would go on a quest to know where the big leak came from. Because big leaks like that with a lot of details and pictures and stuff... those kind of leak can really hurt.
    Blizz would sue the leakers (probably trying to sue in silence so we don't know) But still, those kind of stuff comes out eventually. Heads would roll.

But leaks are inevitable. Small leaks that offer big lines with no real details don't affect much.

They certainly have ways to track real leaks. Employees probably have to signs dated attendance sheets. An internal investigation can reveal a lof of stuff. Employees don't want to lose their jobs, they can be sued for a lot of money.

The risk of being sued is as big as the leak is. Most wouldn't try and reveal too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Likely after considering the anniversary patch is in November, same month as Blizzcon. When Cataclysm was announced, Fall of the Lich King hadn't even been announced yet. We probably won't get 8.3 until January, possibly even February.
    January/february is insanely far away. if they do that its gonna be terrible

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    90% of the leaks just are obviously fake sounding.
    I think some fake leakers go out of their way to make it look lazy/bad so they can get even more enjoyment out of people actually believing it (like that Ny'alotha map that was posted in 8.3 speculation)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    January/february is insanely far away. if they do that its gonna be terrible
    January makes sense. It'll be a raid patch so it'll have a few months of PTR, and at this point it seems likely to go up in October at the earliest.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)