Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manoman View Post
    I couldn't bear leveling any more characters from 1-120 with all the levelgear available but yet, here i am in Classic leveling slow as fuck my holy priest.
    Funny how that works, I dread at the thought of levelling on retail, but levelling in Classic is just so refreshing.

It's almost like having a dangerous world to explore is far better than having a world I can just roflstomp through at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    Classic was full of people that hated leveling and only wanted to play the endgame. That's why tons of people bought accounts and paid for leveling services.
    Majority didn't even know there is an endgame. Leveling was the game. Took months until the first raids formed to do endgame. What you talk about happened at the end of Vanilla.

Classic came out literally a week ago and people demand lvl60 characters and MC raid. That's not how it was designed and these people play the wrong game.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2019-09-04 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Or, you could like, not be a moron and realize that different people look for different things in games. There's not been a game made that people like every single part of, and anyone that says differently is blatantly lying.
    I can't help but feel that you are the moron here... If people want boosts they should play retail, Vanilla was long, it was a slog and there were no exceptions. I get that some people don't like the slow levelling process, in that case, as much as they may love the end game, there are no short cuts so Classic probably is not for them.

Different people do look for different things in games, I agree, but Vanilla servers have been around for years, Classic was announced at Blizzcon almost 2 years ago, anyone interested that didn't know about Vanilla has had plenty of time to research and assess whether it was the game for them. Nothing has been sprung on them, they haven't been lied to or misled so why are you defending those people who want to trash Classic because it is not what they wanted it to be?!

The only morons I see here are the ones who complain about a game that is exactly what it has been advertised to be for years, just because they want instant gratification and the ones who defend the former and their right to bitch about it on a forum created for people who enjoy the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Classic is about the journey to 60, not 60 it self. At least not for anyone with PvE on their mind. Yeah there's a few amazing quests to do at 60 but the vast majority of the content in classic is pre 60. I wonder when people will learn this. The sooner you do learn this, the faster you can accept what premise classic was built upon.
    I remember Vanilla being full of level 60s spamming trade trying to get groups for the lvl 60 dungeons so they could grind their tier 0, some even went on to get tier 0.5.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    I can't help but feel that you are the moron here... If people want boosts they should play retail, Vanilla was long, it was a slog and there were no exceptions. I get that some people don't like the slow levelling process, in that case, as much as they may love the end game, there are no short cuts so Classic probably is not for them.

Different people do look for different things in games, I agree, but Vanilla servers have been around for years, Classic was announced at Blizzcon almost 2 years ago, anyone interested that didn't know about Vanilla has had plenty of time to research and assess whether it was the game for them. Nothing has been sprung on them, they haven't been lied to or misled so why are you defending those people who want to trash Classic because it is not what they wanted it to be?!

The only morons I see here are the ones who complain about a game that is exactly what it has been advertised to be for years, just because they want instant gratification and the ones who defend the former and their right to bitch about it on a forum created for people who enjoy the game....
    Who mentioned boosts? Are you trying to argue something completely different from my statement? I responded to a sarcastic statement in a sarcastic way. Let people complain. The game isn't perfect. People are going to complain about things they don't like. Especially on a webforum, which is almost nothing but whining.

You go ahead and kill your game by bristling whenever someone doesn't like something. Maybe when people have run every potential new player off with statements like this, they'll have learned the real lesson of how a community actually works. That being that people can only put up with so much bullshit before they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hahaha.

This guy: what a retail baby. There's no time gating.
    Other guy: there is. Look at phases.
    This guy: that doesn't count because reasons.

Rekt.

I don't like levelling and I've decided to level 3 guys at once. I'm going to take my time. An hour or two a day. By the time they're 60 BClassic will be out.

You heard it here first. BC classic will be called BClassic.
    I never said there's no time gating at all, I only replied to that doofus who said classic questing is "old school time gating" which is an idiotic argument.

And yes because reasons, releasing an entire expansion at once would be an almighty clusterfuck and basically impossible given that it changed over time and numerous patches and so you simply have to have some kind of progression model and splitting into phases is a smart way to do that. It probably also meant they could release the game earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Read it again? I’m talking about lack of endgame in Classic. Why are you talking about M+?
    what do you mean by lack of endgame? ease of content, weekly reset, content release phases?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    Right.
    Yes, the levelling was part of the experience. But "Classic = Levelling" ? Bullshit.
    It was at the beginning. And then raiding Molten Core became the goal. I remember people in my guild, joining late, getting excited to finally hit level 60 so they could join Molten Core or ZG.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well then. Play a game like BfA, fortnite, overwatch or lol then. WOW classic is a bit more of a hardcore game. Also, i dont want New generation gamers on wow classic anyway. So Thanks for trying and bye bye, Fortnite player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who mentioned boosts? Are you trying to argue something completely different from my statement? I responded to a sarcastic statement in a sarcastic way. Let people complain. The game isn't perfect. People are going to complain about things they don't like. Especially on a webforum, which is almost nothing but whining.
    Boost are something several people have mentioned in this thread it wasn't aimed directly at you nor was it implied that you specifically said it. I mentioned boosts in my reply because it was another example of what the OP is complaining about and you seem to be defending them. You responded to a sarcastic comment in an insulting way, the comment you responded to, while indeed sarcastic was also correct. You called someone a moron for pointing out that wow classic is exactly as advertised and nobody is forced to play it, the OP is here complaining about something he knew was going to be in the game, levelling is slow by intent, just because you pay a $10 sub does not give you the right to dictate how fast it should be, just take your $10 and enjoy it somewhere else, simple.

You go ahead and kill your game by bristling whenever someone doesn't like something. Maybe when people have run every potential new player off with statements like this, they'll have learned the real lesson of how a community actually works. That being that people can only put up with so much bullshit before they leave.
    Yeah, coz we are all gonna miss the idiots that cry about how long it takes, how hard it is, how it isn't what they wanted when instead they could just play something that they actually do enjoy. This is one of god knows how many threads bashing Classic and its irritating. If people don't like it, don't play it and stop spamming Classic forums with shit posts filled with childish arguments about their gripes. And you are quite possibly worse than those people because you seem to play classic yet you are defending all these people that talk shit about it because its not retail! If people don't like a game whats the point in coming to a fan forum where the majority of the population support it and creating threads like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Don't play classic then. It's not a game for people with your mindset. Classic wasn't about rushing to endgame, it was the journey. Leveling was as big of an aspect of classic as raiding was. But to be fair, depending on where you are in your leveling journey things could become much better with just a few levels. Druid is pretty slow until the mid 20s to early thirties where it becomes a joy to play one.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I just can't do it. No matter how badly I want to play endgame. No badly how much I want to PvP on equal footing at max level. I just can't bring myself to level. It's fun for an hour, and then I have to take a break.

I don't want to be stuck at job training for a month, before I get to do the real thing. And no, it's not a fucking tutorial. Tutorials are not that fucking long. It's labor. The people who enjoy leveling want to see other people around, so the people who hate it are stuck being around.

It's a conspiracy.

Does anyone else feel the same? Can't fucking level? Will we ever get level boosts for Classic?
    Quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    100% this
    By not lvling....you don't make friends, experience guild drama...laugh..cry. Explore the world and dying 20 times on ONE DAM QUEST cause you got to the area after 99% of other players did that quest.
    Friends while lvling? just put your nostalgia glasses off already, thats some imaginary stuff people want to believe when lvling to try to make classic some experience out of this world, you make friends with your guild when you progress through a raid together bearing all those wipes and finally killing X boss, since you stick with those guys, the random guy you met in loch modan? your supposed friend? where is he? oh right hes now part of your past lvling experience and you dont know where the fuck he is, classic lvling is part of the appeal of it, yes, but dont try to make it like its the pinacle of community and friendship when you get this and more in a proper guild and core raiding group.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2019-09-04 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    what do you mean by lack of endgame? ease of content, weekly reset, content release phases?
    None of those. The game at this point is mostly designed around leveling. That's the main meat of the gameplay.
    It isn't really until AQ/Naxx they really start changing this dynamic and it only becomes effective first in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Well then. Play a game like BfA, fortnite, overwatch or lol then. WOW classic is a bit more of a hardcore game. Also, i dont want New generation gamers on wow classic anyway. So Thanks for trying and bye bye, Fortnite player.
    Remember guys, classic community is great!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is certainly one reason I won't touch Classic if I can help it, I remember getting a temp ban for paying someone to level a character for me in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Yeah, coz we are all gonna miss the idiots that cry about how long it takes, how hard it is, how it isn't what they wanted when instead they could just play something that they actually do enjoy. This is one of god knows how many threads bashing Classic and its irritating. If people don't like it, don't play it and stop spamming Classic forums with shit posts filled with childish arguments about their gripes. And you are quite possibly worse than those people because you seem to play classic yet you are defending all these people that talk shit about it because its not retail! If people don't like a game whats the point in coming to a fan forum where the majority of the population support it and creating threads like this?
    I get frustrated when people spout the same responses like a broken record, and sometimes I feel like something needs to be said. Your response is an incredibly anti-social response. I hope you understand that, if nothing else. It is unhealthy in a game that requires so much cooperation. I want the game to be successful because other people enjoy it, and I enjoy playing games with other people, but there are also people that could enjoy it if more people were willing to help new players instead of trying to gatekeep. Work with people like a real human being if you want a community. The game is not going to create one for you, and excluding people is going to break you when your clique inevitably collapses. I think that is the big thing that a lot of people are missing.

It's not an exclusive club, you're not special for playing a video game, and classic is not better than live. These are facts you need to accept.

OP: "I want to play Classic!"
    Also OP: "I hate playing Classic!"

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    None of those. The game at this point is mostly designed around leveling. That's the main meat of the gameplay.
    It isn't really until AQ/Naxx they really start changing this dynamic and it only becomes effective first in TBC.
    If leveling takes longer that doesn't mean that the game is designed around leveling otherwise what the point of staying subbed since you basically stuck at 60... this game was always designed around endgame content or raiding not until BfA when dynamics switched towards M+ grind.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Does anyone else feel the same? Can't fucking level? Will we ever get level boosts for Classic?
    No, I don't feel the same. Hopefully Classic never allows level boosts for people who aren't able to put in the time. Part of Classic is inherently the process of getting to endgame. If people are allowed to skip all of that and jump right in at level 60, Classic will effectively be ruined.

Leave the boosts and the shortcuts to Retail and those players. Don't try to fix something that doesn't need fixing.