Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Brightburn: 7.5/10. It’s an interesting concept honestly. I loved the idea of the what-if for Superman but there were many a plot holes which never panned out well or even explained fully. It’d be fun to see a sequel like the post credit scene alluded to. Hopefully if they do make a sequel, the story is a bit more involved.
    Was more a 5-6/10 for me. I would have wished to see more of the stuff they put in the ending credits. Imo the movie wasted some opportunities to go the classic horror route (including jumpscares, wtf...)

I am Mother: 7/10. Good movie, some nice twists and ideas but I don't think it'll stick in my memory for long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dawn of the Dead (2004) first time I’d seen it in over 10 years.
    I’d give it a 7/10. Definitely doesn’t hold up as much after 10 years of Walking Dead and a billion zombie films over the decade.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Rewatched John Wick 3, fun times.

Angel has Fallen, 8/10. Was the best in the trilogy.

Dark Phoenix 4/10

Finally got to see this. I get why anyone would hate this. The story was hollow and meaningless. You can't make a serious superhero movie without any humor when it is about nothing. It's hard to blame anyone or anything else when the writing is this poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Dark Phoenix 4/10

Finally got to see this. I get why anyone would hate this. The story was hollow and meaningless. You can't make a serious superhero movie without any humor when it is about nothing. It's hard to blame anyone or anything else when the writing is this poor.
    So they made a Phoenix Saga movie WORSE than The Last Stand? I didn't think that was possible unless they were TRYING.

US - 5/10

Wasn't clever, wasn't shocking, wasn't scary. Felt like I had wasted my time.

Dark Phoenix - 2/10, I consoled myself by starting as much as possible at Fassbender and McAvoy whenever they were in frame. Eye candy doesn't make a movie good (Aquaman HUFF) but at least it passes time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So they made a Phoenix Saga movie WORSE than The Last Stand? I didn't think that was possible unless they were TRYING.
    Oooh but they did.

I was told I "should like it" due to a certain scene involving Mystique and Xavier, but sod that noise. It was a shitty movie with bad writing all around. Not sure if I rated it here, but I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Dark Phoenix 4/10

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Dark Phoenix - 2/10, I consoled myself by starting as much as possible at Fassbender and McAvoy whenever they were in frame. Eye candy doesn't make a movie good (Aquaman HUFF) but at least it passes time.

I was told I "should like it" due to a certain scene involving Mystique and Xavier, but sod that noise. It was a shitty movie with bad writing all around. Not sure if I rated it here, but I will.
    You guys made me wonder what I thought of the movie, but evidently I trashed it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Dark Phoenix last night at movie theater.

It was....mildly entertaining, but completely predictable and straightforward. You can guess exactly what's going to happen.

1.25/10 only because it's a high budget movie that looks nice. It'd be like a 0.5/10 for content. Maybe even a 0.25/10 if you take into consideration that the content is like...rebooted from a movie within the past 2 decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I was told I "should like it" due to a certain scene involving Mystique and Xavier
    Which scene?

-------------------

There haven't been any good movies for me to need to go to the movie theater for. Wtf. There's nothing good on the horizon either, as far as I can tell. I need a big blockbuster movie to come out for me to justify my $15/year AMC membership for.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

6.5/10.

Acting from DiCaprio and Pitt was good, but the plot was disappointing. Not one of Tarantino's highlights.
    Last edited by InTheEnd; 2019-08-30 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freddy Got Fingered: 5 ~ 10 Not sure if genius or stupid, but I laughed. Sometimes with the movie!

Legend (Director's Cut): 10 ~ 10 Tim Curry is still amazing. Mia Sara is still hot, rocking that DFC. The makeup effects and sets are still wonderful. It's all still so very, very good. But... I miss the Tangerine Dream soundtrack that I grew up with.

Phantoms: 5 ~ 10 I read a Dean Koontz book once. The only thing I remember about it was that it was shit. Movie's a mess, despite some nice build up, but at least Affleck was the bomb.

The Night Comes for Us: 9 ~ 10 There's some bullshit here and there, but it doesn't detract too much from that sweet, sweet hyper violence. Taslim and Uwais were awesome. Bonus point for Julie Estelle's scarousing brutality and hotness.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Dark Crystal Age Of Resistance 8/10

If you like fantasy with an interesting world, creatures and adventures you will like this.
    If you want to see alot of emotions in the faces like in the lion King then this movie/series might bother you aswell since its all puppets it is limited what you can do with the faces.

The Dead Don't Die 1/10

Trash. Looks like they blew their entire budget on famous actors and then had an intern write the script. No idea what they were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Phantoms: 5 ~ 10 I read a Dean Koontz book once. The only thing I remember about it was that it was shit. Movie's a mess, despite some nice build up, but at least Affleck was the bomb.
    Word, bitch. Phantoms' like a motherfucker

Brightburn: Enjoyed it. Ive seen a lot of fucked up shit in my life. Both real and in movies so I dont get it but both the glass in the eye and the steering wheel scenes made me uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Matrix 8/10
    Saw the Dolby 20th anniversary re-release. It still holds up really well(save for a couple of effects shots) and is amazing to see on the big screen if you have an AMC near you showing it.
    Right there...sitting next to you Lol.

The iconic moments that still resonate...

"Why didn't I take the blue pill?"

""Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Yeah yeah Marvel gave us 21 movies in a row with male leads, if they can throw in an A-force moment for 10 sec who cares.
    It was hamfisted, and you know it. I'm of the mind that the perception that men have some issue w/ strong female characters is far larger than the number of men who actually have an issue with strong female characters.

As for the movie itself... 6.5 / 10. It had its moments for certain, but some eye rollers too, and some plot issues. Also, the pacing / editing seemed a bit all over the map, but as a wrap up to a fairly expansive story, it could have been far worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dead Don't Die: 3/10

Looking at the cast, this should have been a 9/10, when it's in fact the worst movie I've seen in years.

Captive State: 7/10

The scenes are incredibly badly edited together, but the second half was pretty good. John Goodman was his usual kickass self. Could have been a much better movie at some more experienced hands.

Prospect: 7/10

I quite liked the Gold Rush but in space setting and the girl lead, kept me interested all throughout its duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dead Don't Die: 0 ~ 10 I was looking forward to this movie, but skipped it in the theaters. Whew, glad. No amount of wonderfully buttered popcorn washed down with Cherry Coke would've made tolerating this turd worth it, even if you threw in Milk Duds. The dialogue and the way it was delivered started to grate. Made my eye twitch. Every character was a dumbass and deserved to die. Then the movie tried to be too clever for its own good and shit the shark. Waste of a good cast. Eat a dick, movie. When Ronnie mentioned the theme song at the beginning of the movie, I thought, "Wait, what? No... wait, no. What? No."

The Machine Girl: 7.5 ~ 10 Super cheap and super dumb, with hilarious gore and kawaii babes. Mmm, Minase Yashiro and Honoka sandwich. The 22 minute extra super dumb side-story (Shyness Machine Girl) has kawaii necro-raped babe Yoshie return with a butt gun. They crammed a lot of stupid in those 22 minutes, I tell you what. The glorious pink shimapan wasn't enough to salvage that mess. Anywho, I enjoyed this flick a fair bit more than the next one...

Tokyo Gore Police: 7 ~ 10 Almost too bonkers and insane, but I appreciated the movie's willingness to embrace excess. It's often very funny, if a bit silly. I got some serious RoboCop (1987) vibes spattered here and there. Wrist Cutter G! New product! It's a cutter with a cute design!

Velvet Buzzsaw: 6 ~ 10 I remember being interested in this after seeing the trailer a while back. The director of Nightcrawler? Gyllenhaal and Russo? Supernatural horror? Sold! Finally got around to it. Art killing pretentious douchebags wasn't as satisfying as I had hoped.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

John Wick 3

7.5/10

Watchable, but had a different feel than teh first two. A bit too much humor. Felt like some studio exec was like "nah put some funny shit in there"

anna 8/10 unexpectedly good actually butbefore that
    once.upon a time in holywood 5/10. was shit, so pointless