Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    Why did you stop playing classic?
    I came to the realization that none of it really matters compared to things that do matter in retail. *i'm currently an off again on again classic player. so i didn't completey stop.* I just play to occupy time from time to time. I went through all of this when it was live. Nostaliga is great and all, but doing everything that you did then *grinding..getting fr gear etc* doesn't really interest me.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I stopped playing classic in 2005 to play FFXI because I thought it was a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post

Zones actually have an overarching plot and storyline now and you even get a cinematic in some zones! Much better than vanilla levelling which were mostly unrelated quests about fluff.

:3
    For real? The beauty of Vanilla zones was that the story was open-ended, non-linear and -- mostly importantly -- not focused on Lore Character XYZ. I do not need or want to sit through some shitty cinematic with characters I don't give a fuck about constantly, while my character (if he even appears) stands there and picks his nose.

OT, I would probably have got Classic if I could pay a reduced sub for just that, but I can't. I simply can't justify paying $15 a month for a 15 year old game when I have many other options that are free or buy to play, of comparable quality. Right now I'm having a blast in LoTRO for no money at all.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Same...i played so much today...you have no idea. Ive never played this much before.

Elite quest to unlock Rogue poisons, and did it with 4 other rogues
    Quest objective required aid of an alchemist...had to go to the auction house buy the material
    Higher levels helped me doing a quest, even though is harder to get drops with other people
    Waited 20min for a Shadowfang Keep party to form and run to instance
    Did a bunch of quests that required Bosses with big spawn timers

Lets just say....today was a epic day......it was insane.
    Now i am confused. I play Alliance and i cant remember the Horde version, but even though the poison quest says Elite, it is actually easy to solo.

Not really a question addressed to me but I shall reply regardless.

I am not even going to touch Classic. Stopped playing it back when TBC released (obviously, duh). Why? Because I don't want to ruin my memories. Back where it belonged WoW was an amazing game. Probably the best gaming experience I ever had. But it does simply not belong in 2019 for someone who already spent in it thousands of hours 15 years ago. I dwelled like 500h in Molten Core alone. If someone told me now to go and farm Molten Core I would probably punch him in the face lol. No. Times are changing. Let it rest.

PS. And charging 15$/month for it now is a rip-off.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Blizzard listened to people like you when they made retail wow and lost 70% of their subscribers. The least you could do is let 70% have fun now that their game is back.
    They will lose 70% of their classic subscribers far quicker than retail lost them even without making any changes during classic. You know it and I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Myself I'm free 24/7 but my partner works and while we would have 2-3 hours of gametime of an evening together, trying to ensure we're both actually online and ingame for when that few hours starts is proving tough with these queues so we're mostly spending an hour looking at memes and about 90 minutes playing.

Like I say, doesn't bother me so much, I play during the day a lot; but I can understand her frustration. Like you say if it hasn't cleared up a bit by the weekend with this hot-fix for queues, it may just be healthier to step back for a fortnight and try again later.
    Here's my routine:
    1. Start the computer when I get up in the morning.
    2. Start teamViewer, write down the password
    3. Go to work
    4. Connect to my PC with my phone after lunch
    5. Get in queue
    6. Start playing immediatly when I get home

It's a bit of a hassle for sure, but it works.

Because it's a bit like running a marathon in a swamp. Though I have been able to rewatch much of GoT while healing in dungeons.

Maybe I'll play a bit more when my studies are over and I'll probably will have a period of unemployment.

because some idiot tried to get gearscore in classic.

kidding lvl 36 and going hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    They will lose 70% of their classic subscribers far quicker than retail lost them even without making any changes during classic. You know it and I know it.
    I dont get this statement at all. Why, WHY would Blizzard make any changes to classic? The one and only reason, the sole purpose of releasing wow classic again, was to give the players a chance to relive wow as it once was. WHY change that?

They have retail to do weird experiments on and cater to the most lazy MMORPG players out there that demand being showered in epics while doing bare minimum. They have retail for every QoL feature you can dream of. Soon enough we get to play retail on our phones, come Blizzcon 2019.

Theres obviously a crowd for classic. In the millions? Nah, probably not. But there is a community for it, a decent one, and for Blizzard to keep up the classic server for them wont cost them to much.

Just stay far away from classic and let those who enjoy classic play it, as classic were MENT to be played.

On topic: It is to be expected that less people play over time. Its a different beast than retail. Personally I enjoy it, lvl 26 on my Paladin right now. Havent logged into retail yet after classic launch either.

I'll probably keep on leveling and taking my time. I quite like the different pace of it all in classic, just as it was back then.

I think I already posted in this thread but to add....

I decided to keep playing and I got to level 22 as a Mage. As of a bit over a hour ago I uninstalled Classic and I'm done. Everything is such a slog to do and honestly I rather take that time to play other games.

I hope at some point Blizzard treats Classic like Jagex treats OSRS but I don't see that happening.

Hope those who enjoy it keep enjoying it but I'm done.

If by some chance they release it on next gen consoles, I may pick it back up just for shits and giggles.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This is my opinion.

First reason is that I already experienced Vanilla. Second is that I was fortunate to get into Beta, FYI not a streamer, and play up to 40. While playing Beta I confirmed my suspicions of Classic. First was that the nostalgia was all I wanted and playing Beta was enough for that. I played the old instances that I grinded, SM mainly, and the last thing was getting my mount. Aside from the community, everything else was just decent. Combat wasn't really that fun, crafting is just the same, and leveling was just a grind. People that keep saying, "Leveling IS the Classic experience" are insane. I played Vanilla and I leveled only one character to cap, because leveling was torture and I just did not want to do that shit again. The last thing I'll say on that is that I didn't keep my sub active to level.

After Beta was over I figured I would give classic launch a try, as old friends were planning to play. Started on day 2 after waiting in a queue for hours and ended up leveling past the starter zone. The next day I played just a bit more then finally threw in the towel. I never planned to do much in Classic in the first place, as I had 0 interest in doing much end game content. So forcing myself to just level, which would probably take me over 100hrs, just to not really do anything at 60 was the realization I needed.

tl;dr I relived some of my nostalgia in Beta and that's good enough for me to skip Classic.

I lived through it once, so I played long enough to remember what I forgot ... and now I am back on retail. I will still play it but meh, It's not priority for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I haven't stopped yet, and i've been dabbling in it, but one thing that might stop me is *not* being able to play with friends. See, Classic has brought back a load of people to try it, so planning to be on the same server with people you didn't even know were playing is hard. So ultimately, i have friends scattered on different servers and the only way to play with them is to reroll on their server or vice versa. It's actually quite shit and just takes too much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Everything seems to be just artificially slowed down for the sake of taking longer to do, which makes sense from what I've seen since engame content isn't that rich in classic (raids and pvp basically, and pvp isnt in yet).
    This is something I noticed right away, like how you'll complete a quest, only to get a follow up quest that sends you back to the same micro dungeon cave or whatever. Or like you'll be told to kills bears or defias...but the mobs are spaced out over half of the zone.

Outside of the starter zones, you soon spot how the quests were designed with the intent of artificially slowing you down. Sure they had end game content, but I can understand designing the game this way coz with vanilla/classic, the 1-60 was pretty much intended to be the main content.

I'm a bit mixed on it frankly, as on one hand it can be IMMENSELY frustrating (EG: In westfall, me and my sister were doing a quest to collect 7 boar livers. They had a low drop, and on top of this were so spaced out that many times you'd find one...only it was dead already or already tagged. The majority of the time doing that quest was running around looking for a mob. I suspect this kinda frustration will lessen as we get further into the game, as to be fair, this is a crazy amount of people around in low level zones. Classic is still in it's "honeymoon" phase) but it's also kinda nice to not feel like I'll out level a zone when I've only just started to dig into the quests.

Like somebody else said, I think classic will, for me anyway, be a bit of a side game. The kind of thing I play when I've done most/all of the current patch content on my main, don't feel like doing an alt, but I'm not ready to switch to a different MMO.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2019-09-04 at 11:07 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Now i am confused. I play Alliance and i cant remember the Horde version, but even though the poison quest says Elite, it is actually easy to solo.
    Level 25 mobs for a lvl 20 quest and level 23 elite boss.

There is a special way in killing the 25 mobs so you can one shot them...but i didnt know about it.
    Only found out when the other rogues helping me said so.

I came back as a higher level though. It was pretty easy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think I already posted in this thread but to add....

I decided to keep playing and I got to level 22 as a Mage. As of a bit over a hour ago I uninstalled Classic and I'm done. Everything is such a slog to do and honestly I rather take that time to play other games.

I hope at some point Blizzard treats Classic like Jagex treats OSRS but I don't see that happening.

Hope those who enjoy it keep enjoying it but I'm done.

If by some chance they release it on next gen consoles, I may pick it back up just for shits and giggles.
    dont blame yourself .

the biggest drop off for majority of people who will leave will be between 20-30 when they will reach this unfun moment when they log in play like 2 hours and dont even get 1 level anymore so they get bored log off and then next evening they log in and think "meh i cba "

thats when most will quit game.

I imagine there will be a few different "phases" of people leaving the game:

1. Game launches and queues annoy some people enough to stop bother trying
    2. Level 20-30 when levels start coming in much more slowly
    3. Level 45+ when levels start coming in even MORE slowly
    4. Level 60 when they don't have anything to do because they aren't in a raiding guild

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Im actually playing it a little more, since for me there's nothing to do in BfA once Rust/Harvester are farmed. If there was ever an Allied Race I cared about I'd be leveling it now, but there just isn't.

I really wish everyone I know hadn't rolled as Horde, as I seriously hate their aesthetics.
    Decided to quit last night, no particular reason other than, no particular reason to stay. Its a relatively boring leveling game leading to a relatively boring endgame by all accounts.

A lot of people seem to be enjoying it, but I'm not one of them. I tried. Going to poke at some Allied Races instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Because the leveling itself is in no way engaging or challenging. No amount of skill will help if you accidentally pull a couple mobs you will die, coupled with graveyards being miles away makes the whole experience not enjoyable.

It is not "hard", just merely artificially difficult which leads to a dull and boring experience of leveling by pulling 1 or 2 mobs no larger that 2-3 levels above you.
    So much wrong with your post but I'll cover a couple:

"No amount of skill will help if you accidentally pull a couple mobs"

So maybe be aware of the world you are in? You know.. be immersed. The opposite of this is don't worry about anything you pull... just pull as much as you can and blow them away. Pay attention to the game not the streamer you are watching on a second monitor. People complained in Legion about the mobs in the purple people city (sorry the game has gotten so bad that everything is unremarkable or noteworthy) Suramar I think? Because there were too many adds and they had to fight TOO MANY.

"It is not "hard", just merely artificially difficult which leads to a dull and boring experience of leveling by pulling 1 or 2 mobs no larger that 2-3 levels above you. "

The opposite is You can pull as many as you want and AoE them mindlessly and bad news.. with level scaling ALL the mobs are your level. Actually in Classic you CAN pull mobs higher than you... if you know how to do it... that is called skill.

"The couple dungeons I did were fun, but again too easy."
    And the opposite of that are not fun and too hard. I think there is this false impression that the game has to be hard to be fun. As you just said this is NOT the case at all... and yet you chose to use this as an argument? "I had fun so I prefer BfA?"

Look.. I'm all for people to enjoy whatever they want. You love the fast paced, instant gratification of BfA? That;s awesome.. go for it. If you want to leave planet earth and actually be a part of Azeroth... where you see people all the time you recognize people you ran previous dungeons with, where everything is relevant: leveling, crafting, gold/economy, dungeons, raiding.... Classic is your game.

HAVE FUN doing what you like.