Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’d prefer they stop at BC and don’t release a wrath server.

If they made any changes to BC I’d prefer they just don’t have flying although I doubt thus would happen.

Classic/BC are light years away from retail, while wrath is when retail play style began to emerge.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Just no... The Classic server should progress.
    No.
    I don't want to see the WoW playerbase watered down so badly because each expansion getting 6+ servers.
    You've no business telling people what they should play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I'm pretty sure it worked. With the billions of dollars of revenue, I am pretty sure it worked really well. I dont understand how someone can sit there and pass off their lies as the truth. When was the last time that an expansion failed to bring in over $B in revenue and what are the reasons why 9.0 will not do the same? This lie that people have concocted that BfA wasn't a financial success is ridiculous.
    We once had a live subscriber count of 12M

Its been on a decline ever since cataclysm happened. From what I gather around here as well as in my own circles is that people mostly appreciated the first 3 iterations of the game and not much after that. My classic guild is 99% people that came back specifically for Classic.

Im not targetting BFA at all either. Hell I havn't even touched it, and it's highly unlikely that I will. I just don't much care anymore for what blizzard considers to be the live version of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    Hopefully they never release TBC since it would piss out 60% of the classic player base.
    More like the 10% with Classic + delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGAForLife View Post
    I truly think we should have to level from 1-70. We should absolutely not be permitted to continue from 60, or transfer the 60 to the BC server cluster.
    Good plan. Make the people that already leveled in classic, do that leveling again just to be able to enjoy TBC content.
    And the same for WotLK, just make people play the irrelevant content that they already played just to get to the content they want.
    With that mentality why not start from 1 on retail every time a new expansion launches?
    Also .. classic just launched .. give it a rest.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No.

You've no business telling people what they should play.
    If you failed to notice, it is an opinion. I'm not telling people what they should play.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Taquito View Post
    This is how Blizz should handle this, like D3 seasons.

Also, they can make it every year if they want. New "seasons" so people can try different classes. This will ensure Classic replayability forever.
    This is what I am hoping for.

I'm pretty sure Blizz will open a separate BC server and Wrath server and thats it. I don't think they will progress the Classic server or else that would anger those that want a vanilla server.

I reckon the new BC/Wrath servers will no allow char copy from Classic as it provides an unfair advantage to those who have waiting for BC/Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGAForLife View Post
    I truly think we should have to level from 1-70. We should absolutely not be permitted to continue from 60, or transfer the 60 to the BC server cluster.

Classic/Vanilla should stay Vanilla forever.

BC servers should stay BC forever.

Wrath the same... 1-80, forever.

The rest... Most people don't care.
    Aaand here we go. Good way to splinter up a community even more...

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    This is what confuses me a little about the Classic crowd (fyi - I am playing Classic and enjoying it) - the majority of players play Classic to relive Vanilla right, for nostalgia?

If you release NEW content that wasn't in Vanilla, then it is no longer what it was meant to be and everyone wanted, right?
    No, Nostalgia is only an added benefit.
    The classic players enjoy the style and approach to the game.

For example:
    - Having to travel across the world to pick up a quest to then travel somewhere else to complete it
    - Seeing players throughout the world doing things that you can interact with
    - No cash shops
    - Outstanding world pvp experiences
    - Talent Trees
    - No Flying Mounts

I am okay with them making brand new servers for TBC and let those folks go there and play. But I agree. They should be new servers that start at level 1 OR you can "copy" your character from Classic (i.e., it shouldn't remove your level 60 character from classic only).

I much, much prefer classic + but that takes way more resources and thought and risk ... so, knowing Blizzard, not bloody likely.

I guess it depends on the demand. If eventually they notice a TBC server would get enough players they would release it, same with Wrath. After wrath no other expac really matter, it was post wrath that the decline started. Now about new content for the classic servers thats very unlikely. They would need to take resources out of the main game and I doubt they would do that.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by myriado View Post
    I am pretty sure Blizzard will never release Classic versions of expansions. It will be fine for TBC and Wotlk, but can you imagine the negativity around a re-release of Cataclysm, or even MoP? Yeah, it would be pretty bad.
    People also said they would never release classic. I for one would love new content for level 60s, maybe open up uldum or grim batol as a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Do you realize how much work it would be? You have ro release tbc for every single realm, than you would have to open 1-2 new classic realms and allow people what do not want tbc transfer chars there which would create problems like opening of aq as you have lvl 60 characters coppied into realm with no progression. It is logistic nightmare. You cant just create new realms with tbc classic realms would die. You have to put classic communitt together somehow and forced transfers will just create neggativity.
    If they did it then I would imagine it would be either progress ALL classic realms to TBC (not saying that is a good idea - but it is something they COULD do), or they could add new realms for TBC and allow people to transfer their characters to that (likely at a transfer cost!).

If people are worried that this would destroy classic because people would leave then basically that then says that many of people playing classic would actually like to move to TBC..... NOT stay forever in Classic.

Ultimately no private server operated for 10 years...... Assuming Classic stayed classic for 10 years (unlikely) then who would still be playing classic with no new content 10 years later? VERY few! Many would want to progress to TBC and probably Wrath too. I agree that going further than that would probably be a mistake - and they could decide to NOT release LFG this time too.

Quote Originally Posted by myriado View Post
    I am pretty sure Blizzard will never release Classic versions of expansions. It will be fine for TBC and Wotlk, but can you imagine the negativity around a re-release of Cataclysm, or even MoP? Yeah, it would be pretty bad.
    Was Cataclysm pre-Dragon Soul really viewed negatively?

It wasn't exactly post-Wrath that the decline started. It was post-LFG, which was kinda right in the middle of Wrath. LFG is The Thing That Killed the Game, although it took a few years.

The problem with re-releasing BC or other expansions is that all the expansions are endgame-focused. Private Vanilla servers succeeded because of the meaningfulness of the open world. BC is basically just a different game called Outland, with a huge tumor growing out of its backside called Azeroth, that's literally just dead weight. Making people level through the tumor doesn't make that better, it makes it a rehash of the design philosophy that brought us retail, and it would be a crying shame to allow that to happen again. Having them start to release No-Changes expansions leading us back to retail would be like going back in time to watch a train crashing into your home over and over. It would be the absolute worst thing I could imagine them doing.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Was Cataclysm pre-Dragon Soul really viewed negatively?
    It wasn't, people loved FL. Honestly cataclysm wasn't as bad as people call it.

Anyway, I wouldn't even mind leveling again but I would LOVE for up to mop servers, TBC really improved on classes but Wrath-MoP had some of the best class design in the game, it's been downhill since WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    It wasn't exactly post-Wrath that the decline started. It was post-LFG, which was kinda right in the middle of Wrath. LFG is The Thing That Killed the Game, although it took a few years.
    No, just, no. LFD tool was added in 3.3.0 with ICC. Sub decline didn't start until over a month into cata

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    No TBC, No Wrath.

Blizzard should continue to build on Classic and release new raid content around CLASSIC.
    TBC introduces flying an an entirely new zone which kills the interaction within the orginal World.

Blizzard should keep the orginal world going and introduce Hyjal and other areas that are dead space in the current world.
    Yeah, this is one thing that I'm certain they won't be doing. Because that would be cannibalizing the retail product. They'd have to divert resources from the retail team (right now the Classic conservation team is small and they don't require art or sound assets). This won't happen.

I think what probably ends up happening (if Classic ends up being commercial success) is the EQ model, where they progress the current Classic to TBC and at the same time open a few new realms that are going to stay at Classic. This allows players who don't want TBC to move to a Classic realm, while players who want to see progression journey can continue on to TBC without re-leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You got a reason Blizzard shouldn't allow players to choose whether they want to bring their level 60 characters into TBC other than "I don't like it"?
    I would say because many people enjoyed the leveling experience of TBC. It is pretty much the same as Vanilla but slightly superior. Many broken class became slightly less broken. Ret and Spriests for example. Spriest got Vampiric touch which granted mana to the whole group. It was really appreciated when running Zul Farak.
    That would be a good reason imo but I'd be fine with keeping my 60 fomr classic

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    And how exactly would you make sure that all classic realms would have healthy population of players after releasing TBC?
    less realms?

duh doy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Who said they even doing the others?
    They did.

they didnt guarantee it, but they've already been talking about TBC