Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    they aren't now but im sure the Medium pop servers of today will be Recommended and/or Low pop servers in a few months when people burn out
    You do realise that a medium server today has more players than a full realm in vanilla? If the zones feel dead it's because of a) layering or b) you're ahead of the curve level wise

all them juicy $$$ from char transfers when all those realms end up dead in 3 months

What's your solution for dead servers then?
    Migrating from full to low is imho best decision and they are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    all them juicy $$$ from char transfers when all those realms end up dead in 3 months
    My thoughts exactly. I start wondering if it was not the plan all along. It wouldn't surprise me at this point.

I don't think they should open more servers, there are a few that don't seem as populated and the people I've spoke to feel they are in danger of becoming low/dead when the hype dies down. The transfers should be from the high pop to those lower pop servers, not adding more. At some point, some of these servers are going to die off, and that will just piss everyone off who moved there or who accidentally picked those servers.

they aren't now but im sure the Medium pop servers of today will be Recommended and/or Low pop servers in a few months when people burn out
    That's not how it works though. Server pop classifications are relative to other realms. So if players burn out equally then medium realms will still be medium and high pop realms will still be high pop.

I also think that dynamics spawns in low level zones and layering have given people a false sense of what high pop realms are really like. Once layering is removed and the bulk of the playerbase is 60, people will see how "fun" it is to compete to resources nearly everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That's not how it works though. Server pop classifications are relative to other realms. So if players burn out equally then medium realms will still be medium and high pop realms will still be high pop.

I also think that dynamics spawns in low level zones and layering have given people a false sense of what high pop realms are really like. Once layering is removed and the bulk of the playerbase is 60, people will see how "fun" it is to compete to resources nearly everywhere.
    False, at least when it comes to Classic.

They specifically stated this wasn't the case last week as they did not want to mislead people into selecting a full realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    We are battling big ass dragons, huge fire elementals, gone mad paladins and you worry about something small like this?

Quote Originally Posted by serish View Post
    False, at least when it comes to Classic.

They specifically stated this wasn't the case last week as they did not want to mislead people into selecting a full realm.
    Ion confirmed they are relative to the most crowded
    servers. But realms like Herod and Faerlina have such massive populations that it’s skewing what is being considered a medium pop realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The best part about all of this... Blizz never allowed PAID character transfers until TBC.. People acting like they can play on a dead server and get transferred to a GOD STATUS server like Herod are total jackass's

But hey, by all means, keep thinking blizz wants to make money when they already stated no change

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The best part about all of this... Blizz never allowed PAID character transfers until TBC.. People acting like they can play on a dead server and get transferred to a GOD STATUS server like Herod are total jackass's

But hey, by all means, keep thinking blizz wants to make money when they already stated no change

Wrong.

Character transfers started mid 2006, BC was released January 2007.

I'm not familiar with US realms, are those all PVP to PVP and PVE to PVE transfers? A PVP to PVE and PVE to PVP solution would be nice.

Man, how do I always pick the servers that don’t have issues? What’re the odds? I don’t think I’ve ever been on a server that needed free transfers to be okay.

How many people won't move and keep complaining about queues I wonder?

- - - Updated - - -

$ from FREE character transfers? Are you...serious?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

What about EU...

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    How many people won't move and keep complaining about queues I wonder?

- - - Updated - - -

$ from FREE character transfers? Are you...serious?
    Cant read? He clearly says people will pay $$ for transfers in the future because their on a dead realm, not this free transfer.
    Last edited by Chucknourishlol; 2019-09-04 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added quote

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Ion confirmed they are relative to the most crowded
    servers. But realms like Herod and Faerlina have such massive populations that it’s skewing what is being considered a medium pop realm.
    This was true up until just a few days ago. It is no longer true. They changed how this worked specifically because of that issue.

Letting people pick their own realms is a bad idea from the start, players should be autoassigned unless a friend from the realm buys a code that they can put in to be placed there. Codes cost goes up based on the amount of people on that server so that it keeps everything in balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucknourishlol View Post
    Cant read? He clearly says people will pay $$ for transfers in the future because their on a dead realm, not this free transfer.
    Oh they have paid xfers huh? Can you link me the classic service page?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Wasn't Classic supposed to be barren of players after a week? What happened to the nay-sayers?