Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Yeah, it's funny because it's not true.
    I bow before your ability to ignore any fact that your denial doesn't allow you to accept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post

Why the childish hate?
    Because we're human beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    100% this.
    Those who think classic is fucking amazing are either a. unemployed, so they can take the time to lvl/farm to do very basic things or b. young kids who have never played it before.

Or worse, c. Fucking neckbeards who dislike what other people consider fun and have to be vocal about it.
    Hahaha holy shit you don’t get the hypocrisy do you? You literally are being C right here. Do you not see that? Fucking hell dude. You should delete this post because it’s embarrassing.

I'm playing classic myself you utter moron.

Doesn't mean I have to rage about others who dislike it. Grow up.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Well, i dislike classic reboot as it is nothing but a big hype. One or two months after its launch most will have returned to retail.

And i think all the effort blizzard used on this hype is just useless. There are private servers which serve the nostalgists.

While the design of retails world content lacks a lot. Blizzard should set other priorities than catering to populism.

Also i think the classic community is a bunch of hypocrites. But that just as a side note.
    You trying to convince us, or yourself? Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    I believe it's because there's people on both sides throwing hate at each other. Classic fans shit on retail, and retail fans shit on classic. It's just the way internet is these days.
    /thread.

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There's a lot of blame on both sides. It would be great if everyone just knocked it the fuck off if I'm being honest.

• Let those who enjoy Classic do that.
    • Let those who enjoy BfA and the current iteration of the game do that.
    • Let those who enjoy both do that.
    • Let those who don't want to play either find better things to do.
    I would only add to that:

• Argue for/against parts of the game, not the entire whole.

There are a lot of things from Vanilla that the game did right, and a LOT of things it did wrong and/or we've learned better in the past 15 years. But Retail also has a LOT wrong with it too! People need to stop assuming that the entire game is good or bad, and start talking about individual features or design choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been noticing a steady trend from classic haters.
    Its funny how they stalk the classic section waiting to jump in every thread and troll. Its just a constant cycle of salt.
    After all their vicious campaign when people were asking for classic servers this feels almost as good as getting classic itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its funny how they stalk the classic section waiting to jump in every thread and troll. Its just a constant cycle of salt.
    After all their vicious campaign when people were asking for classic servers this feels almost as good as getting classic itself.
    I think at least some of those "trolls" are people pointing out legitimate flaws with parts of vanilla, and clashing with purist vanilla players who LIKE that it's flawed.

We have to remember that classic is based on a 15 year old game, and a lot of mistakes were made because the devs and players didn't really know any better. And there are players with 15 years of investment, much of it in private servers.

Everyone just needs to calm down a bit and try to actually understand different points of view before throwing angry replies.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-08-31 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    *Jumps into thread*

Hope people are enjoying classic!

*Jumps out to stalk another classic thread*

I was sincerly against the idea of classic when i first heard the news.
    Come launch my bitterness was enhanced by the ridicolous queue times etc.

When i finally came into the old world of warcraft it all slowly but surely came back.

Its gorgeous!

Sure... there are some things that could be better. QoL-stuff mostly.

But damn... getting 1 lvl up every few hours and placing that point carefully in your skill tree is delicios.

Man I didnt expect i would like classic as much as I do.

With all that said im pretty sure that the hype will chill down alot within a month or two.

Me personally included. Will I go back to BfA? Probably not. I will probably play around with other games until i hear whats up at blizzcon.

TLDR;

Classic is fun! Not as INSANELY epic as it was the first time but fucking close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I was sincerly against the idea of classic when i first heard the news.
    Come launch my bitterness was enhanced by the ridicolous queue times etc.

When i finally came into the old world of warcraft it all slowly but surely came back.

Its gorgeous!

Sure... there are some things that could be better. QoL-stuff mostly.

But damn... getting 1 lvl up every few hours and placing that point carefully in your skill tree is delicios.

Man I didnt expect i would like classic as much as I do.

With all that said im pretty sure that the hype will chill down alot within a month or two.

Me personally included. Will I go back to BfA? Probably not. I will probably play around with other games until i hear whats up at blizzcon.

TLDR;

Classic is fun! Not as INSANELY epic as it was the first time but fucking close.
    Ah, good to see you come around Appelgren!

You know, my BfA guild was full of people who were meh to flat out against classic. Our GM who was against classic has now created a guild on a classic server and 2/3rds of the guild is now playing classic and loving it!
    I will not play with them because they went Alliance, but at least they are having fun.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

I have been noticing a steady trend from classic haters.
    Most have over 100 posts in the Classic WoW discussion area with Classic WoW being in the top 4 most commented categories on their list.

Is it possible Classic Derangement Syndrome (CDS) is a thing?

What makes people hate that others enjoy something they do not?

These players downplay classic endlessly yet almost all servers are high and full.
    This only servers to boost income and the success of Blizzard.

Why the childish hate?
    There are people with classic derangement syndrome. It's all those that defend classic as if it is the holy grail and has no issues.

Is it possible Classic Derangement Syndrome (CDS) is a thing?
    Not really no. It's simply people shitting on other people over what they play. The same thing happens in reverse, ex-players/classic-players insulting people over playing retail.
    Only big difference I notice is just how hostile and vile ex-players/classic-players get towards retail players for enjoying it. I may not enjoy even the thought of Classic existing but I would never insult another player for wanting/playing it. It's embarrassing whenever someone does that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think retail players finally have an enemy to battle besides just the toxic community. That gives them a target to hit back at retail haters. Also, they are worried(correctly) that many Classic players are leaving retail, and they will lose the community they have grown to love over many years to Classic, dividing it and lessening it.

These things are not retail players fault really. It is just human nature. The community and many classic fans are very toxic, and we like to flame on retail, so it is not surprising that some are pushing back against it.

However, what is not okay in my opinion, is impostor trolls making suppression threads trying to hurt Classic by changing the community's perception, who have not even played classic(but pretend they do). That, in my opinion, is a bridge too far. It is malevolent. That said, unfortunately many in the retail hater community have been doing similar things to retail for years as well. Think of all the people who hated on Legion but didn't actually play Legion. It was wrong then and it is wrong now. Nothing can/should be done though.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-09-04 at 08:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenreki View Post
    There are people with classic derangement syndrome. It's all those that defend classic as if it is the holy grail and has no issues.
    Nobody would have to defend it if you people would stop your CONSTANT shitting on the idea of classic and general CDS crap.

Nobody would have to defend it if you people would stop your CONSTANT shitting on the idea of classic and general CDS crap.
    Why are you so sensitive? Not everybody likes what you like. If you have a problem with different opinions, go back to your echochamber. You're the only one crying and making a fuss here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    A few reasons.

A personality type that cannot fathom why people like things they do not. So they attack others opinions.

A personality type that wants to feel superior to others, and attack things they deem inferior.

Both are coping mechanism and come from a lack of mental and emotional maturity.
    You see this a lot in high school bullies and drama queens.

Finally, retail sucks.
    My personality type enjoys your response.

Retail does suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenreki View Post
    Why are you so sensitive? Not everybody likes what you like. If you have a problem with different opinions, go back to your echochamber. You're the only one crying and making a fuss here.
    Then read my damn original post!
    I don't care that people don't like it, I do care that they can't keep the fuck out of threads about what they don't like.
    What is so freaking hard to understand about this?

I mean FFS case-in-point!

Then read my damn original post!
    I don't care that people don't like it, I do care that they can't keep the fuck out of threads about what they don't like.
    What is so freaking hard to understand about this?

I mean FFS case-in-point!
    Why would they keep out of threads about things that they don't like? Not liking something is one of the best reasons to engage in a discussion about it. Again, you just sound like someone who hates it when people criticize the things he likes. What you want is an echochamber, where everyone has the same opinion as you and everyone agrees with you, not a discussion board.