Fishing can not fail
    One hit of a node (mine/herb) gets all resources
    Only one spell level
    Dual-Spec
    Cheap ReSpec
    Portals that remove travel time
    Cheap skill costs
    Normalized Itemization
    Obliteration of dodge/parry/block/miss chance (removes variation from melee gameplay)
    Summoning stones
    Last edited by Mullet Man; 2019-09-05 at 01:43 AM.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Its easier to say what QoL improvements we agree to be implemented

Which is none (>_<)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well gee, that's the reason people wanted classic right? To get away from all that? RIGHT??

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In game cinematics are QoL feature?

If so, don't stop there. Maybe they should remove Battle.net client and force you to log in manually every time? Also, any resolution about 1024 x 768, you could place too much stuff on such screen. And disable second monitor, alt-tabing should be the only acceptable way.

Fishing can not fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    In game cinematics are QoL feature?

If so, don't stop there. Maybe they should remove Battle.net client and force you to log in manually every time? Also, any resolution about 1024 x 768, you could place too much stuff on such screen. And disable second monitor, alt-tabing should be the only acceptable way.
    Cinematics are a crutch for lazy game devs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Fishing can not fail
    Added!
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with every item on this list. I would also add:

Portals everywhere
    Cheaper skill learning/respecs/flight paths
    Predictable itemization (probably a more serious change than some people think)
    Obliteration of dodge/parry/block/miss chance (removes variation from melee gameplay)
    Summoning stones
    Billions of mounts and pets

I'm actually not sure what QoL changes I would add. I don't mind long travel times and quests that make me go a world away because it gives me time to read papers or think about things. Spending money actually means something, which is nice. I think my only complaints/desires would be to see more content that follows classic principles, and building out the lore in perhaps a different direction than retail. I'd also like better graphics (new character models and animations) and animations when opening things etc. I also wouldn't mind new skills and talent tree reworks as long as they adhere to classic principles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    I agree with every item on this list. I would also add:

Portals everywhere
    Cheaper skill learning/respecs/flight paths
    Predictable itemization (probably a more serious change than some people think)
    Summoning stones
    Billions of mounts and pets

I'm actually not sure what QoL changes I would add. I don't mind long travel times and quests that make me go a world away because it gives me time to read papers or think about things. Spending money actually means something, which is nice. I think my only complaints/desires would be to see more content that follows classic principles, and building out the lore in perhaps a different direction than retail. I'd also like better graphics (new character models and animations) and animations when opening things etc. I also wouldn't mind new skills and talent tree reworks as long as they adhere to classic principles.
    Added. Thanks.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

@Mullet Man

Is this a list of things in case of a possible Classic+ "expansion" being a reality?
    If thats the case, i agree we should discuss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Added!
    While i agree with most of that list, are you daft? Cinematics are not for lazy game devs what is for lazy game devs is npcs /saying story bits.

Class specific bags
    So you want them to change Classic away from what Vanilla was?

We are becoming exceptional at creating the same thread over and over.

All of these made WoW a better game, much enjoyable.

Enjoy your Classic guys and stop bashing retail please. You could add a simple “Why?” To all the QoLs you hate.

Dual-spec
    Cheap respec ?

That was the best thing in a fookin world ( I played a priest )

what is your opinion on:

RNG recipe drops
    auctionhouse API / mods (already corrupted classic with blizzards' modern mod system)
    silly unbalanced rep grinds factions
    mount tab
    keyring
    quiver for hunters / ammo
    pressing wand button to shoot your wand

Dual-Spec
    Cheap ReSpec
    there's a special place in the dark afterlife for people who don't realize how expensive switching between dungeon, raid, solo, pvp it was for a priest. I could easily respec multiple times an hour.

It is not a "game system" and never was, it's literally a UI fix. Next up you should charge 50g every time you want to lock your hotkeys because it's "part of the game" to be skillful enough to not drag your buttons off the bar.

If you liked this, it's clear you never did progression. The rapidity of it means it only matters in peak moments. For example if you throw something on the pull and miss, just to generate zero threat but aggro the boss, is that "variation?" No, it sucks.

Likewise, it also screwed up itemization for tanking where you needed to treat tanking like a hybrid via threat generation and mitigation balancing. +hit gear sucked as a tank, but it was "required" to eliminate variation, which was the entire goal as a tank.

5+ Year Old Account
    Flying
    LFR/LFD/Scenarios
    More Graveyards
    More flight paths
    Transmog
    Class Homogenization
    Heirlooms
    More than one raid difficulty
    "Improved" talent trees
    Sharding/Phasing/Layering
    Cross-Realm grouping
    In game cinematics
    In game quest helper
    1hr BoP trading
    Non group mob tagging
    Improved quest item drop rates

-- Updated --
    Faster leveling
    Class specific bags
    Unlimited ammo
    Removal of weapon skill training/points
    Competition for profession nodes
    Fishing can not fail
    Only one spell level
    Dual-Spec
    Cheap ReSpec
    Portals that remove travel time
    Cheap skill costs
    Normalized Itemization
    Summoning stones
    I agree with every single of these points. Every. single. one.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Nice blog post man.

I agree that Blizzard shouldn't change what made the spirit of Vanilla, but some QoL wouldn't break it and should be discussed about after the whole phase thing have be implemented. Thing that doesn't impact the way you experiment the game like "Transmog", that wouldn't bother me, to the contrary.

Scene specific animations including facial features, voice acting, and music is a crutch compared to...reuse character model animation #12, run to spot A, add text to chat dialog?

can someone copy/combine one of the other threads named „what QoL changes classic SHOULD have“ here, to see if they both really completely match ? funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of this thread? Classic has been done with "no changes" in mind all the time. You're banging on open doors.