Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Jesus Christ, you are acting like you caught him diddling a goat mvaliz ...settle down.
    So it's ok for Classic community to lie. When they get caught lying it's "calm down" and "diddle some goats". Just leave those goats alone. They are on neither side of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's sadder that you look up people's post history. That's like getting paid out in general chat and then looking up armory to try and get back at them.

Sad.
    Actually, in this day and age it's to be admired. Not checking sources/doing background checks is how misinformation spreads.

OP is FAKE NEWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    What happened to the OP? Did he jump ship after he was exposed as a liar?
    Another Classic crowd smear campaign? Every attempt to discredit OP has failed and you think you can do it with a "casual offhand" comment? I bet you go-to LFR and whisper each tank "Dude, it's not my place but the other tank has been messaging me saying you've been fucking up the taunts...".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    There really shouldn't have been any replies after this one, when the OP was revealed as a liar who was trying to start a flame war.
    This proves nothing. I know 4 people who have said the same thing. Yet they logged in. They were willing to give it a go JUST IN CASE THEY WERE WRONG. What is sad are people who slag off Classic without even trying it. What is sadder is the Classic community's need to prove that people who don't like the game are liars and that their opinion is worthless, even by lying, cheating, bullying, and threats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Gear in general. I can get the same equivalent gear from daily quests as high end raiders.
    Bollocks. Non-mythic raiders as a group have per average far lower item level than mythic raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    I swear sometimes you people are being intellectually dishonest JUST to screw with others.
    That's hardly news.
    Reminder : the OP has been outed as a troll in the very first page. Lots of regular posters here have 75 tO 90 % of all their posts in the WoW Classic section, all of them being a variation of "this game would be/will be/is shit". For months.
    Yes, they are just troll grasping at any available straw to shitpost. Just look at post histories.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, me and my friends are having time of their lives playing classic. And boy, old mechanics and world feel great.

People at each others throats arguing about which version of a computer game is better. Holy shit, people really need to get a life.

5+ Year Old Account
    Classic has totally reignited by love of WoW. Leveling is a journey, I'm meeting people, sharing experiences and having loads of fun.
    I've added so many new friends in the last week or so, I can't remember the last time i added a friend in retail, its almost as if the social aspect of an MMORPG has been destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    yes, tho its not just pvp server, its the small amount of quest mobs too many ppl and no1 wants to grp for the kill quest, its just monotonously slow to level so its a combination of things

i really dont see the point of players killing each other in this phase there 0 point to that
    It's called doing things for fun.

Ive been saying this all along classic is nostalgic. It has worn of for me at lvl 21 ill probably come back sometime but atm to many other games to play so i let my sub run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Shocking.

Truly.

Most of us have been saying this for months. That Vanilla is shit and only succeeded because it was marginally better than everything else at the time.
    Luuuuuuuuul the little saltlord scrabbles to someone sharing his silly view.

Vanilla is great, and cannot be a shit game, even subjectively. You might not like it; but it is still a good game. It's a popular franchise (Warcraft), based on a successful format (DnD), and crafted with a unique and timeless style.

You may not like it, but that doesn't make it a shitty game, sorry to break it to you. Oh but please, seeing as you can't say "you'll never get it" (because we got it) or "You think you like it but you don't, it's just nostalgia" (nostalgia argument is invalid If we actually get what we are nostalgic about, and it holds up to the nostalgia in the current time) tell me how it's shitty? Oh maybe "It's shitty, and, and even though they made it, and a huge amount of people are enjoying it, um, um, THEY WON'T SOON LOL. THEY'LL JUST QUIT!!! THEN YOU'LL SEE I'M RIGHT! And you're all STUPID AND WRONG!!!!"

How does it feel to be wrong, then wrong, then wrong, and sit there knowing... you're probably about to be wrong again? (I have no idea how that feels tbh, so srs question.)

it's more accurate to say it WAS better.
    vanilla was a shitshow held up by a few well-designed systems and content.
    the class design is a botched abortion candidate with poorly designed spec trees being hand-waved as "lvling specs" to save face by inept developers who've only furthered the development of their own classes at the expense of the rest of the game.
    which is to say nothing of the non-existent balance between said classes, with some literally being unkillable by most other classes.
    this problem never went away in retail has has more then anything else killed interest in WoW as a sporting game capable of even being recognized as an esport.

like you can enjoy the systems that reward persistent effort with determinate reward, but the gameplay is a relic of necessity, not intended design as everything after has shown.

but then you have the slog of shit that is Wod-lolgion-BArF, which makes even vanilla look good by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Age is the biggest factor. The one that kills all products eventually. There's a reason the product lifecycle is something you learn in Econ101.

You'll have peaks and valleys within TIMEFRAMES of the lifecycle, but nobody with any knowledge about economics would ever tell you that it's feasible to expect to maintain the highest number of users of a product for its entire lifecycle.

It's called a life cycle for a reason roflmao. Spoken like somebody who has no idea what they're talking about regarding economics.

I can 100% agree about the life cycle....
    BUT WoW lost tons of its subscribers just because it changed too much in a wrong direction and you can clearly see that in the graph when Cata released.
    These changes made the game easy and not interesting for its player base and thats why they left. The newcomers are not loyal to the game and they can swap it for a Fortnite in a second. Thats why BfA is always dead after a month of a new patch content. The current retail is more of a collection game focused on milking money from players, than MMORPG with actual story / progress.

Dont get me wrong, Retail has much to offer that classic cant... a lot of things got better with time. Like paladins... not a single person can argue a fact that Classic Paladin is a boring and almost unplayable class. Bosses in raids and dungeons has actual mechanics etc.

---------------------------------------------------
    So I think both camps here are right in their own way... and I hope that Blizzard will think about success of Classic and make best of both worlds in a new expansion.

If Vanilla is only about nostalgia why hasn't the game died yet? People was gonna quit directly according to every doomsayer and now they have to create realm after realm, offer free transfers because people actually don't quit. Free transfers is something Blizzard said they might need, but really don't think they will and don't want to use because they expect players to drop off quite early. But here we are!

WoW Classic is a much better MMORPG than retail is, for a lot of reasons. I had more fun yesterday lvling up a bit in Redrige, doing Deadmines and helping my friends and girlfriend with some quests I've already done. More so that I have had in retail during weeks, because everything in retail is just a mess.

People call vanilla a "big grind". There's NOTHING in retail that isn't a grind now. Sure, you get items fast, but you grind and grind and grind to make micro-updates and fulfill your instant gratification needs. But the sense of reward when you loot GRAY shoulderpads in vanilla is stronger than when you feel rewarded by epics in retail.

Classic is a bit outdated, and I wouldn't mind a few tweaks like:
    - Small class balances, just enough to make each spec playable even if some are better
    - Graphic update (I'm here for the gameplay and community, not the graphics)
    - Guild bank (we all have one, except it's an alt instead. QOL change that doesn't change gameplay really)

But I can live without it as well, since I love the game just the way it is and as people say.. It's a slippery slope! Instead I'd love if retail would take a step back to becoming and RPG again, with a living world.

Remove sharding, remove xrealm server system (merge servers instead, sure people might need to change name but server community is more important tbh). Reintroduce talent trees, class individualism (bring the class AND the player, not just the player ;O) and just make it an RPG where you can play with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    If Vanilla is only about nostalgia why hasn't the game died yet?
    because it's own frustration mechanics are doing their job and delaying people from burning through content, barring those who've spent the last decade perfecting the lvling grind for speed-runs.
    further more there are things that only classic have to offer, such as the pre-casualclysm world, old dungeons and raids(some still coming to classic atm), and to see just how bad the class design and competitive balancing was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    If Vanilla is only about nostalgia why hasn't the game died yet?
    Boasting that the game hasn't died after 10 days is grand hilarity.
    Don't forget. WoD Had a very active first month too.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

It is. But nobody will acknowledge it. Between the pink tinted glasses and the hatred for the azerite system (which I totally despise) it's hopeless.

The community is the same. It's just that in classic they have what they asked for and their jerk levels are low. Move them to retail and they will go full jerk in a few minutes. Hell, you can't even say the word retail in classic without a few morons starts insulting and inviting you to leave.

I guess people still enjoying classic because there is not a single +10 group up in retail until tuesday night.

10+ Year Old Account
    can an admin seriously point out the hypocrite who started this thread in first place, that he was anti-classic, and now is making a big deal of how he was 'wrong' and retail is 'better' (even if he literally was exact opposite)
    because from what i see 99.9999% of ppl who post here act either agree or against his statement, but only 0.0001% noticed that he is saying bullsh8t and he is anti-classic since day 1
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The graphics are worse than i remember and the combat is also slower than i remember.
    God i wish there was an option for new graphics. Fkn hate the old models.
    Dont know about retail being better but i was doing centaur braces quests in barrens with that great classic drop rate and was like to myself "wtf am i playing this". Ill get there eventually but i cant stomach the slow gameplay anymore. Especially coz im not a teen anymore, dont have the time and ive literally done this already like 15 times.