Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW Classic - Initial Free Character Moves Starting at 4:00 p.m. PDT

WoW Classic - Initial Free Character Moves Starting at 4:00 p.m. PDT
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We intend to open the free character move service in the Americas region at 4:00 p.m. PDT (7:00 p.m. EDT) today. We will begin with transfers from these two realms:

• Herod -> Earthfury (new realm)
    • Skeram -> Earthfury (new realm)

We will be opening free character moves for the remaining realms that we previously listed here as soon as possible.

I prefer to wait in queue 1 hour than move to a dead server.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Dont be a moron, there aren't going to be dead servers and you are just beating a dead horse repeating it.

Good luck with that.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Overcrowded servers will be a terrible experience once layers are removed. Vanilla was not designed for this many players in the world.

Anyone spouting that these will be dead servers are just plain wrong. It's such a weird thing, why do people try to influence where others go? Afraid of their mega server losing players?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Overcrowded servers will be a terrible experience once layers are removed. Vanilla was not designed for this many players in the world.

Anyone spouting that these will be dead servers are just plain wrong. It's such a weird thing, why do people try to influence where others go? Afraid of their mega server losing players?
    Gotta agree here 100%. Even with layering there are way too many players for the mobs, especially in certain areas like Westfall, Elwynn, Darkshire etc. You can spend hours trying to get 8 whatevers. I have no problem whatsoever with layering and hope it stays. Just group with people if you wanna be on their layer.

Or, as it is in FFXIV, there are different 'instances' of the same zone. You go to the crystal and click it to choose a different instance. Not sure how they would/could implement this in WoW (classic or retail) but it's a decent way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Gotta agree here 100%. Even with layering there are way too many players for the mobs, especially in certain areas like Westfall, Elwynn, Darkshire etc. You can spend hours trying to get 8 whatevers. I have no problem whatsoever with layering and hope it stays. Just group with people if you wanna be on their layer.

Or, as it is in FFXIV, there are different 'instances' of the same zone. You go to the crystal and click it to choose a different instance. Not sure how they would/could implement this in WoW (classic or retail) but it's a decent way around it.
    Yeh, even a "dead server" would have more players than Vanilla did. Didn't vanilla's servers only allow 3,000 people?? Wouldn't these "dead servers" be closer to the actual vanilla experience?

i mean, it sure would be nice to see heartseeker come online... its been 2 hours now?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh, even a "dead server" would have more players than Vanilla did. Didn't vanilla's servers only allow 3,000 people?? Wouldn't these "dead servers" be closer to the actual vanilla experience?
    It should get better over time. The initial onslaught of leveling will abate, and at mid levels on up there are more options. Not so much at under 20.

I'm hoping they allow transfers from Thalnos soon. I'm tired of 7k+ queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    i mean, it sure would be nice to see heartseeker come online... its been 2 hours now?
    Read the bluepost, the 3 new servers are only open for xfers for the 1st day or so. then it will be open for new toon creation

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    Read the bluepost, the 3 new servers are only open for xfers for the 1st day or so. then it will be open for new toon creation
    yah, sorry - i just mean to transfer my characters over , not create new. - heartseeker is on the list of realm but it is "offline" and has been for ~3hours
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

How do you transfer characters?

"We have just opened the following new realms in this region:

Realm Type Timezone
    Arcanite Reaper PvP Pacific
    Earthfury PvP Eastern
    Heartseeker PvP Eastern
    For approximately one day after free character moves to a realm begin, these new realms will be restricted to only those players using a free character move. After one day, any player may create new characters there. This is to allow players using the free character move service a better chance at retaining the name of the character they’re moving.

Thank you!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________ ____

^ Thought it wise to mention this. A nice gesture from them imo!

Quote Originally Posted by cinos03 View Post
    Dont be a moron, there aren't going to be dead servers and you are just beating a dead horse repeating it.
    I've been using a census addon to track the population of servers, last night there were 150 players online Anathema Alliance side. There's going to be dead servers, you're the moron if you think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    I've been using a census addon to track the population of servers, last night there were 150 players online Anathema Alliance side. There's going to be dead servers, you're the moron if you think otherwise.
    I call bs. I've used the Cencus addon and I've tracked a few servers now, and they are all crowded with people. 150 is just bs. check out the data here https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/..._on_eu_realms/

And a dunce hat for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Marliej View Post
    I call bs. I've used the Cencus addon and I've tracked a few servers now, and they are all crowded with people. 150 is just bs. check out the data here https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/..._on_eu_realms/
    There's an extremely simple way of validating my claim. Go online Anathema at night and run your own scan or do it manually with /who. They're going to have transfers to it sometime tomorrow so it's not going to be as dead but I still would never risk playing there.

Here's a screenshot if you want more proof, actually less in the morning than there was last night:

Why is the announcement for the EU transfers still not on the frontpage? Do I need to use other newssites like wowhead now, that do a much better job at reporting things!?