Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I noticed that gnolls in Elwynn around Hogger drop a hammer very often that vendors for like 1 silver. I didn't farm it, but just doing the quest there I got several.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    False. The snare goes up to 45 and then 50% at ranks 2 and 3, making it a good investment for staying alive if you need to flee.
    Not false. The base slow from Hamstring is good enough as is to escape from anything susceptible to it. If you are having trouble escaping from something slowed by 40% for 15 seconds, you are either S keying, or pretty much not even trying to escape at all. The gold investment isnt worth this whatsoever while leveling.
    Last edited by Mongler; 2019-09-05 at 04:44 PM.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean you know it costs money to list things on the AH? if you don't get a sell on the first hit you will probably lose money, especially when taking into account the AH cut. So vendoring things often leads to more profit, especially as you are also saving time.[...]
    You pay two things: a deposit and a commission. The deposit scales with the a) auction length; and b) the vendor price of the item. You get the deposit back if the item sells. The commission is 5% of the selling price if the auction was faction-specific, or 30% if it was neutral.

Xan is correct in stating that marginal auctions are probably better off vendored; there's time savings in vendoring plus risk management. But with Auctioneer, I will postulate that you'll get more money per unit of played time than straight vendoring, espeically now that the economy has aged a bit.

The last thing you'll want to consider is: do I enjoy playing with the AH? I do personally, but if it's like pulling teeth for you, just vendor everything and worst case is you'll get your mount a bit more slowly but having had more fun.
    Last edited by Kushana; 2019-09-05 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Do the same thing I do, find some similar or slightly lower level mobs, hunker down and start farming for a few hours. I made 5 gold in 30 minutes at level 33, I am sure you can make even more OP. Sometimes you gotta grind.
    I would have to agree with this. Find a zone you can farm easily enough the same type of mob, so you dont have several different single item stacks in your bag taking space, ad infinitum. Preferably humanoids, with a vendor or hub not too far away to empy your bags and come back. The grays and other vendor crap you get, will grow your purse faster than you think. Plus the XP you will be getting

AH+professions is working fine
    But it takes time;
    Just vendoring everything that drops (forget about disenchanting) also performs surprisingly well and takes no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    False. The snare goes up to 45 and then 50% at ranks 2 and 3, making it a good investment for staying alive if you need to flee.
    even then.... that's not worth the 2+ gold to get the effect. 40% will sufficiently snare anything you need to hamstring kite. OR you can go fury and get piercing howl which does what rank 3 hamstring does.... as an AoE around you.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    even then.... that's not worth the 2+ gold to get the effect. 40% will sufficiently snare anything you need to hamstring kite. OR you can go fury and get piercing howl which does what rank 3 hamstring does.... as an AoE around you.
    It's worth it for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Teleport at 20, Portal at 40 on my mage trainers.

I could start selling teleports ... but I might get a bad rep
    It should snowball from there, people paying you to go away only gets more profitable as your rep worsens!
    /s

farm pets to sell on the AH

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    It's worth it for pvp.
    That's nice... we're talking about saving money while leveling. Not optimization for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Tried that a few times over the course of these 38 lvls.. always ends in my death so i stay away from doing aoe as much as possible
    You might need to round up fewer mobs or pick ones of slightly lower level. :-P

Anyone who is avoiding the AH is just silly. Use a bank alt and an addon, undercut everyone else. My listings sell 95% of the time. Sure, it might only be 2-4x more gold than outright vendoring it, but it's still a profit over it.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-09-06 at 03:09 AM.

There's... a certain talent to getting AH sales at the moment.
    It needs to either be:
    1) An absurdly powerful item (e.g. a lvl 15 green with +4 to a major stat that's exactly the right sort of weapon/armour for a particular class). These still don't sell for loads but... they're worth spotting when you see them. I've sold plenty of averagely decent greens, on the AH, to folks who can't resist upgrades that'll last all of 2 levels.

2) A material that can be rolled quickly into something EVERYONE wants. Basically bag mats Don't expect vastly more than vendor prices all the same.

Otherwise, would completely agree, find a spot dropping greens (I have one... it's my level so I'll make a bit and grind out some XP but ultimately worthless to overall money making progression). Literally 19 greens in the space of about an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    How are you making gold on the auction house if nobody buys your stuff ?
    I never have auctions that expire on my server. I'm level 27 with 51 gold, with everything trained at the trainer and 4 silk bags. All I have done, is buy stuff on the AH that is posted for less than vendor, and vendor it. And list anything that nets me a profit. I have herbalism and skinning. Everything but starter zone mats, has been sold on the AH for well above vendor.

People that suck, have crafting professions, and just blindly vendor everything.

Also, make sure you are at least revered with the faction of whomever you're buying your mount from.
    Last edited by ablib; 2019-09-06 at 02:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey. (class is mage)

People who got their mounts at level 40, what are some gold making tips? how to get that 100g?

I have tailoring (190 skill) and Skinning, I was thinking to go to The marsh and skin stuff for thick leather 60s per 20 at vendor.

Back in 2006 i remember i killed earth elementals in badlands to get enough gold. "Elemental earth" sold for a lot at the AH from what i can remember.

Any advice you all can spare is appriciated.
    XP per hour: 14.5k to 16k with level 36 lock

Gold per hour: 9G to 11G

Zone: Desolace, near Shadowprey Village

Coordinates: 20.2, 79.2

Path: Image (https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb8e5vzama...21607.jpg?dl=0)

About:

Find an optimal circuit and open Shellfish Traps. If a mob is in your route, kill it and loot it. If you have to swim to loot, ignore it until next circuit. When you loot 5 Shellfish, these can be turned in (https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=5421/fish-in-a-bucket) at the Shadowprey Village docs for 55s and Bloodbelly Fish (required for another quest). In an hour I had 4 stacks of Shellfish, lot of junk and [Big Iron Fishing Pole]. I have also included a macro, simply bind it and when you right click the NPC to turn in the quest, spam the macro.

Bonuses:

If you have [Azure Silk Belt] (https://classic.wowhead.com/item=7052/azure-silk-belt), it increases your swim speed by 15%, get it made, it's fairly cheap. A [Big Iron Fishing Pole] (https://classic.wowhead.com/item=636...n-fishing-pole) can also drop with 1.1% chance, this can sell between 2G to 10G depending on demand.

Good IF the area is not camped (atmo its VERY clear).

Macro:

Code:
    /script SelectGossipAvailableQuest(1)/script CompleteQuest()/script GetQuestReward()
    Good luck, have fun!

~Snackbar
    -K

The AH stuff depends entirely on your server. On my server nothing sells for more than a few copper over vendor and Ive made a lot of gold sniping items that were up for less than vendor price.

To the topic of the thread, get skinning and dont buy certain skills you dont need. Stay off the AH because there is literally nothing you need on there once you have bags. Farm dungeons, I had my mount soon as I hit 40 and am 390g away from epic and Im 53.

Get the mod better vendor price and either auctionater or tsm 4. The sniping tool for tsm4 is good for buying out items less than vendor price to vendor off yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Anyone who is avoiding the AH is just silly. Use a bank alt and an addon, undercut everyone else. My listings sell 95% of the time. Sure, it might only be 2-4x more gold than outright vendoring it, but it's still a profit over it.
    Stuff I've seen so far (I'm lv 14) sells pretty much for vendor price + AH fees. Sometimes even below vendor sell price (bought my linen bags for 1s 99c lol).
    Right now the AH is pretty much useless on my server unless your're selling green drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    My advice just gain levels asap. You don't have to get the mount at 40, just keep leveling and when you get the gold just buy it.
    True, back in 2007 I was around 46 because I refused to go Elekk and needed to finish the Nightelven rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    Not false. The base slow from Hamstring is good enough as is to escape from anything susceptible to it. If you are having trouble escaping from something slowed by 40% for 15 seconds, you are either S keying, or pretty much not even trying to escape at all. The gold investment isnt worth this whatsoever while leveling.
    It is false. This isn't about whether it is worth buying, it is about whether the snare part stayed the same. It doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Make bags with tailoring and sell them en masse and cheap. Work it like a chinese bottom rung sweat shop.
    I hear that!
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!