Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Oh, I can let it go alright. This is my last day on this forum. If you see me here tomorrow or after that, I owe you $50, wire details in PM. And no, the problem isn't people calling me a troll or whatever, I don't care about that all that much. It's just boring. Same shit every day. A story gets posted, it is BS, 7 days a week, 365 a year. Boring.
    Can you make it a two-fer and take Shalker with you too?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They transferred him to the Tumblr unit.

Yes, it's a demotion.
    90% sure another totally unrelated Russian with strong opinions on the US political system is going to pop up in the next week or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Some of the sharpiegate memes are pretty hilarious. From stick figures at the inauguration, to adding a bubble so he’s taller than Obama, to his face being drawn next to Lincoln on Mt. Rushmore. And he just can’t let it go. Kinda like rda.
    I liked the one of sharpie airplanes flying around Revolutionary war battlefields.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am honestly amazed at the level of stupidity in this Alabama BS.
    Indeed you should. Trump said something stupid, glad you finally came around. I accept your apology.

On topic: the numbers are in. 195k jobs added last month.

This beats the pessimistic expectation of 145k. So, this is basically good news.

However.

First, a reminder that Trump promised his economic plan would add 25 million new jobs. Even if every month he had, for 8 years, was as high as this unexpectedly high value, he'd still be far short. So we're on our way to yet another promise broken.

And second, Trump ran against "worst President ever" Obama. Obama's job numbers are sitting at the grownup's table, laughing at Trump's right now.

In 2014, Obama had 250k/month, easily better than Trump's best year.

In 2015, Obama had 227k/month, slightly better than Trump's best year.

In 2016, Obama had 193k/month, and in 2013, 191ik/month, which means Trump's unexpectedly good August is as good as Obama's worst years.

In 2017 Trump got 173k/month and in 2018 223k/month. So far, in 2019, he's 169k/month. He might have already peaked -- which would match well with the recession warnings.

If you average every Trump month, you almost get the current amount 193k/month. This is, again, about the same as the worst years of Obama's second term. Trump is doing about the same as "worst President ever". And, if I'm right about him peaking, he will limp into the 2020 election season with worse GDP, worse job numbers, a much larger deficit/debt and having the largest tax increase on American citizens since WWII.

All of which he personally signed.

Oh, I can let it go alright. This is my last day on this forum. If you see me here tomorrow or after that, I owe you $50, wire details in PM. And no, the problem isn't people calling me a troll or whatever, I don't care about that all that much. It's just boring. Same shit every day. A story gets posted, it is BS, 7 days a week, 365 a year. Boring.
    Thanks for reducing the amount of BS on this forum, actual arguments other than "LOL LIE! would be great for a change, tata.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Honestly I'm surprised this isn't being latched onto more. People are - understandably - dumbfounded at how much Trump's doubling down on something we'd just forget about if he'd own up to making the mistake in the first place; but I think A government organization withholding support from victims of crime in the wake of two horrible mass shooting incidents, all on the premise on weather or not they like Trump, is fucking disgraceful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    A government organization withholding support from victims of crime in the wake of two horrible mass shooting incidents, all on the premise on weather or not they like Trump, is fucking disgraceful.
    Oh, I agree. And they do have internal documents, so there's evidence. Maybe enough for a lawsuit to require them to hand over more work product. A lawsuit that forces them to aid, based on context, more of the legal immigrants, illegal immigrants, and Mexican visitors who lost family in El Paso would be a nice result to me.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, I agree. And they do have internal documents, so there's evidence. Maybe enough for a lawsuit to require them to hand over more work product. A lawsuit that forces them to aid, based on context, more of the legal immigrants, illegal immigrants, and Mexican visitors who lost family in El Paso would be a nice result to me.
    At least there's that. Trump Team's track record with court cases might mean a nice payout to all the people those malicious fucks tried to screw over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop talking about Trump
    Do you even know what thread you're posting in?

Complaining that people complain about Trump in the thread dedicated to complaining about Trump...
    /s

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-judge-orders/

In 2016, Immigration and Customs Enforcement released 75 percent of eligible asylum seekers in Deep South detention centers on parole. By 2018, that figure had dropped to 1.5 percent. So far this year, it’s zero. And a federal judge says that’s not acceptable.

On Thursday, Washington, DC, district court judge James Boasberg ordered the agency to provide asylum seekers detained in the Deep South with a fair chance of being released. ICE policy requires it to provide asylum seekers with individualized parole decisions and to release them if they don’t pose a threat to public safety or a flight risk. ICE’s New Orleans field office—which covers Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee—must go back to following the agency’s parole policy, Boasberg ordered in a preliminary injunction.

ICE has undertaken a massive expansion in the Deep South this year, beginning immigrant detention operations in eight new jails in Louisiana and Mississippi. Boasberg’s will ruling will provide hundreds, and potentially thousands, of asylum seekers with a meaningful chance of being able to fight their cases from outside detention.
    The administration continues to be handed legal losses left and right. Because unnecessary cruelty, which is the point, isn't a good legal justification for unnecessary cruelty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meteorologists call out Trump after Alabama hurricane map

Oh, I am so taking a fucking victory lap over this one.

Bob Henson, a meteorologist at Weather.com, told the Associated Press that Alabama “was never in the five-day cone” of uncertainty for the hurricane “except for a tiny sliver of the southeast corner of the state at one point.”

However, he added that the chances that the storm would have actually hit Alabama were very slim by the time Trump shared a tweet on Sunday saying the state would be hit much harder than anticipated.

Phil Klotzbach, a research scientist in the Department of Atmospheric Science at Colorado State University, told The Associated Press in a statement that he thinks “Trump should have just admitted he made a mistake and moved on!”

Meteorologist Ryan Maue also called out the president, telling the news agency: “If he’s going to be a provider of up-to-date information, he needs to be up to date.”
    If you'll look on these forums and elsewhere, you'll see people responded in basically these four categories:
    A) The red one.
    B) The blue one.
    C) The green one.
    D) Attempting to defend an objectively false statement passed from the nation's highest office as if it was fact, during an address specifically about the topic.

Which one are you?

- - - Updated - - -

You know who likes accurate weather reports? Farmers.

I needed a segueway.

Trump's approval rating dipped 5 percentage points in the Midwest heading into the latest escalation of the U.S. trade war with China, according to a Hill-HarrisX poll released Wednesday.

We've already discussed Trump's lower ratings in battleground states, and how he's dropped in all of them. This is obviously related.

The survey, conducted Aug. 23-24, showed Trump’s approval among voters in the Midwest dropped to 39 percent, compared with 44 percent in a similar poll conducted Aug. 18-20.

U.S. farmers, particularly those in the Midwest, have been hit the hardest by Trump’s prolonged trade dispute with China. Beijing has responded to Trump's tariffs by imposing retaliatory tariffs on U.S. goods, particularly agricultural products.

That's prompted more farm groups to speak out against Trump.

The Iowa Corn Growers Association (ICGA) blasted the Trump administration last week, saying the government has put it in “one hell of a bad situation,” and the National Farmers Union condemned Trump for “making things worse.”

The most recent polling results come just days after Trump’s latest round of tariffs took effect.
    - - - Updated - - -

So, remember that Iranian oil tanker that's been in the news recently?

Funny story. The State Department confirmed they tried to bribe the captain millions of dollars to deviate his "flight path", wander into open waters, and let his ship get captured by the US.

We have seen the [report] and can confirm that the details are accurate. We have conducted extensive outreach to several ship captains as well as shipping companies warning them of the consequences of providing support to a foreign terrorist organisation.
    So...remember when Trump said Obama handed big stacks of cash directly to Iran, claiming that paying terrorists was --

"Whoa whoa whoa! The captain's not an terrorist!"

Um...Akhilesh Kumar was just sanctioned by the Treasury Dept, freezing his US assets and making it illegal for people to do business with him. Oh, except Trump, obviously. So, yeah, I'm calling that close enough.

Now you can call this bait, blackmail, extortion or bribery. In any event, it comes down to a single term:

Failure.

Nobody on this sub forum shills for Trump more than you do. Not that you are particularly good at it, your lies are more transparent than Trumps are. You not coming back is more BS, we heard the same thing from you every few days in the Mueller thread for a while too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mother Jones is running a story on Trump’s possible tax fraud:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-of-tax-fraud/

To recap: Trump claims he bought a debt related to his Chicago venture, but neither of the two loans associated with this property appear to have been purchased. The Deutsche Bank loan was refinanced. The Fortress debt, according to sources with knowledge of the transaction, was canceled. And this raises a question: Did Trump create a bogus loan to evade a whopping tax bill on about $48 million of income?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/201...y_cone_no_line

Updates on "sharpiegate", literally at no point did NOAA forecasts put Alabama in the path of the hurricane.

Nor is there an added black sharpie line anywhere on any of these forecasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Mother Jones is running a story on Trump’s possible tax fraud
    I'm sure Trump will immediately release his taxes to end this Fake News story once and for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then make some constructive agenda and base the election campaign of your democratic candidate on that constructive agenda. Right now it seems that the campaign is going to be just "Trump is racist, I am not, so vote me" and the media are dead set to be talking about Trump's supposed racism, too, they have no other topics for you. This is absolutely going to lose you another 4 years.
    Interesting... are you sure it’s not healthcare? Not the border crisis? Not the derision of US’s soft power? Not the deficit? I think your assessment of all those things being about Trump’s racism, is a bit strange. Yes, Trump is the one that gutted ACA without a replacement... Trump had removed EPA regulations to make American’s health more threatened... Yes, Trump did cause the crisis at the border and is misappropriating funds from military’s children’s schools to build a vanity project... yes, Trump’s tax cut and trade war are causing a record deficit. Yet, all of this, is just ‘Trump the racist’? Isn’t that wholly disengenous, at best?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    literally at no point did NOAA forecasts put Alabama in the path of the hurricane.
    Yes, but, why use NOAA when you have

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    The map in the link is from South Florida Water Management website!!!!!!!!!!!
    Again, Trump was objectively wrong. This will stop being a story shortly after he stops making it a story. The rabid fanbase can complain all they want, but, he's the one tweeting. Sorry. I don't make the rules.

https://www.businessinsider.com/whit...an-path-2019-9

And we have the un-sharpied NOAA map from an earlier briefing, courtesy of official White House photo's -

(not seeing the image, here's the direct link - https://amp.businessinsider.com/imag...3-1136-568.jpg)

Donald Trump is a fucking liar who got caught in a lie and doubling down on being a liar.

Just wanted to say, if you DO see them back here tomorrow or ever, just please ignore them instead of engaging with their demonstrably false nonsense for pages at a time. The rest of the sub-forum thanks you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And we have the un-sharpied NOAA map from an earlier briefing
    August 29th. It was accurate then. Shame Trump didn't address the nation then, huh? When was his tweet, again? Hold on, I'll find it.

Shit, that's Sharpiegate. Hold on.

After almost 3 years in my Administration, Jason Greenblatt will be leaving to pursue work in the private sector
    No, that's the guy who wrote the Middle East Peace Plan that we still don't know anything about. It hasn't been revealed yet. And the author is leaving.

7. The badly flawed Paris Climate Agreement protects the polluters, hurts Americans, and cost a fortune. NOT ON MY WATCH!

8. I want crystal clean water and the cleanest and the purest air on the planet – we’ve now got that!
    I swear, it's in here somewhere.

Approve 46 disapprove 52

God dammit, that's the latest Rasmussen poll.

Finally! It was Sept 1. Not Aug 29. 72 hours during a hurricane is an eternity in Meeseeks time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’d be willing to bet he tries to pardon himself for all tax violations at some point.
    Isn't accepting a pardon an admission of guilt...?