10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In the original photo, the white areas are just all the people in the hoods.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Sears braces for more store closings as 250 people were just fired from the main headquarters, suggesting a larger shakeup is yet on the way.

Steel, oil, not much better.

In fact, 10,500 layoffs in August were blamed on the trade war.

Just imagine if instead of having a president who commits a felony publicly to try defending a stupid thing he said he just stops talking about it and everyone forgets it because it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, even though some people don't get that. Like Joe Arpaio. Who's running for Sheriff again...
    And an admission of guilt works wonders for state prosecutors.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sears braces for more store closings as 250 people were just fired from the main headquarters, suggesting a larger shakeup is yet on the way.

Steel, oil, not much better.

In fact, 10,500 layoffs in August were blamed on the trade war.
    Meant to post this. Maybe it was posted.

Cecil Roberts, President of United Mine Workers of America: "Let me say coal's not back. Nobody saved the coal industry. Now that's a harsh fact and it's a harsh reality."

Seems as tho one candidate was right and spoke the truth and another candidate lied about the jobs. But hey a dying industry got deregulation to help bleed out all the money they can before the industry fails.

Unfortunately you have to lie to these people. I guess the empathy you have for them is they know their livelihood is dying. I just wish these people would be a little forward thinking or at least not fall for a conman.

As a Presidential candidate the best thing is to lie to these people. Now if a Presidential candidate from a certain party did this and jobs continued die due to inevitability, they would still get blamed. So lose-lose situation.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

See it never fails. Another day another stupid thing. Trump loses a few thousand more votes. Not a ton, but some.

He'll keep doing this for the next year, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Oh, I can let it go alright. This is my last day on this forum. If you see me here tomorrow or after that, I owe you $50, wire details in PM. And no, the problem isn't people calling me a troll or whatever, I don't care about that all that much. It's just boring. Same shit every day. A story gets posted, it is BS, 7 days a week, 365 a year. Boring.
    Bull shit.
    You will most likely just create a new acct and try to pass off as a numble....since you so obviously stick out like a sorry thumb here and no one buys most of your BS.

I will miss you, it's actually been entertaining to watch you get so insanely, embarrassingly, brutally fact checked and put in place over your blind support of trump

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I hope he doesn’t stay away. Free money is always nice.
    Bah you actually think he has the morals to pay up...just his support of trump and the length he is willing to stretch to cover that support. The horrific things he must ignore ..

He does not have the morals to even do that no one would see a dime

10+ Year Old Account

In lieu of $50, I'll choose a charity and you can make a donation under the name "Boris Badenov".
    /s

Donald Trump is a failed President. Not failing. Failed.

Any President who has to stoop to something so lame is a complete and utter loser.

And here we have the weakest President since Chester A. Arthur.

Also:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Also:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDq6VnkXsAEoL3q.jpg[g]
    I doubt Trump understands perspective in drawings and how objects converge on the horizon.

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    You forgot the undocumented immigrant stick figures with frowny faces, bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Donald Trump is a failed President. Not failing. Failed.

Any President who has to stoop to something so lame is a complete and utter loser.

And here we have the weakest President since Chester A. Arthur.

Also:

The worst/funniest part, is how he must think everyone buys it.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...utdown-3795674

The Trump administration violated federal laws when it tapped entrance fees to keep the nation's national parks open during the 35-day shutdown earlier this year, according to a legal opinion from the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office.

GAO said the Interior Department moved money between accounts without authorization from Congress, in violation of federal law. The agency must report the violation to Congress, identify the officials responsible for it and explain steps it will take to prevent similar violations. It said any subsequent actions in the future would be "knowing and willful violations," subjecting officials to penalties.

Interior did not cooperate with GAO's investigation, according to the report. An Interior spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday.

"We take our responsibility to Congress seriously, and will not allow an agency’s lack of cooperation to interfere with Congress’s oversight of executive spending," GAO wrote. "Accordingly, we issue our opinion in this matter notwithstanding Interior’s failure to timely respond to our request for information."
    Republicans can literally never, ever, claim to be the party of "law and order".

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    The worst/funniest part, is how he must think everyone buys it.
    This is a guy who regularly says "I know more about __________ than almost anybody". He is the expert on everything and tells people that all the time, because only he can fix it all.

From every angle Donald Trump is a fool, but one I think is among the most notable is that his carpet bombing of his sheer pointless idiocy, has served to fatally undermine his power as President.

He doesn't understand power one bit. He thinks its like playing a role on TV and talking tough. It's not. It's controlling how that image is perceived, building relationships ad diligently expending power. Power must be nurtured and carefully cultivated. He blows his on stupid shit all the time or stuff that undermines his image.

Targeting the disabled and vulnerable groups made him look weak, not strong.
    Harping on about his crowd size made him look petty.
    This! He clearly misspoke, but didn't want to own it because heaven forbid he did... so he had to hold ANOTHER Presser were they got out the same poster and tried to retcon history, just so he could be right. There was no other reason for it other than his fragile ego.

When Donald Trump loses in 2020, half of his loss will because of shit like this. Because he's made Americans unable to stand him and are just sick to death with his bullshit. The bellwether is the number of Republicans retiring in the House in 2020. They know whats coming. They've done their own polling. They know the numbers are likely to dwarf the numbers that turned out in 2018, which were historic.

In some strange way, we're damn lucky we got Donald Trump, and not someone like him who is capable of strategic thought.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1VP28C

A unit of the largest U.S. public employees union has filed a complaint with the Justice Department’s Inspector General alleging that an appointee of President Donald Trump may be improperly using political criteria gleaned from social media to remove people who have expressed views contrary to Trump’s from participating in the process of awarding grants to organizations that provide services to victims of crime.

The confidential complaint focuses on Darlene Hutchinson Biehl, a Republican from Alabama, according to a union official who described it to Reuters.

Hutchinson Biehl was appointed by Trump in 2017 as director of the Office for Victims of Crime (OVC), a part of the Justice Department which compensates victims of crime and awards grants to local governments, nonprofits and other organizations that assist victims of crimes such as human trafficking. Most of the money for the grants comes from funds collected from convicted felons, although grants to help provide services to human trafficking victims come from taxpayer funds.

The complaint alleges that Hutchinson Biehl has been scrutinizing the social media accounts of peer reviewers – paid experts who make non-binding recommendations to help ensure that the competitive grants are awarded in a fair and impartial manner - to see if their views were aligned with the Trump administration’s policies on immigration, or if they openly supported the legalization of prostitution. Hutchinson Biehl is then using that information to determine who should serve as reviewer, according to the complaint.
    This is just an allegation right now, and under normal circumstances would be huge and I'd normally be inclined to give the benefit of the doubt...

But this lines up so perfectly with the political appointees under Trump that I'd be more surprised if it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...utdown-3795674

Republicans can literally never, ever, claim to be the party of "law and order".
    Let me know when there are any consequences...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Let me know when there are any consequences...
    If there isn't a statue of limitations and Democrats have a spine when they take back power there will be.

But I'm still skeptical that Democrats can find a spine to go after these assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If there isn't a statue of limitations and Democrats have a spine when they take back power there will be.

But I'm still skeptical that Democrats can find a spine to go after these assholes.
    They won't. Republicans can run a dozen investigations on Benghazi, but I find it unlikely that the democrats will push a single one of these cases of blatant corruption through on a federal level. States may get some of these, but unless they live in New York or California, they are going to get away scot free.

Trump's cabinet is basically just looters at this point, I don't think there are many ideologues left, just people milking it for all they are worth before slinking away into the shadows.