Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xzanle View Post
    Have not played since release month of legion and like all others came to check out classic. Now I have I wanna level in BFA on the side.

But I have heard rumors BFA is a bad expansion but can not find any info on why this is. Can anyone explain
    Opinions. Play it and form your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who genuinely likes some parts of BFA (as in enough to keep me from quitting) these are the things that suck:

Many classes are lacking in both utility and gameplay
    Titanforging
    Too much focus on spec rather than class identity
    Heavily uneven balancing for specs in both PvE and PvP environments
    Titanforging
    Best gear can be achieved without the best effort
    Warfronts and Islands are simply sub-par
    Titanforging
    Azerite, while it isn't a grind (to me) it still feels like a pointless system
    Azerite traits - Some are simply way too powerful making them mandatory for some specs to be even viable at all
    Essences are a decent system on their own, but being locked to character sucks
    Titanforging
    Forced Personal Loot

And finally, Titanforging.

What Titanforging does:

1. You can never (in a reasonable amount of time at least) collect your BiS 'tier set' and then feel a sense of completion
    2. Makes ilevel irrelevant due to random sockets - due in part to gems being way too powerful
    3. Makes items that don't forge feel disappointing. - Drops should never make you feel hard done by

In all with the looting system, there just feels to be far too much RNG.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Classes feel a bit out of whack. The analogy I keep using is a musical instrument that isn't tuned right. It bothers some more than others.

2. I'm not personally wild about the theme of the expansion.

Other than that it's a middling expansion. Not terrible. Nowhere near their best.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The lore and artifact power. Everything else is fine, not worse than anything we've seen in past expansions.

The sceptic in me always thinks these kinds of threads are just elaborate flamebaits. And you also say that you can't find any info on why that is...? Seriously?

There's a 1000 threads on all expansion features here. You can always just read those. Starting another one will just create another shitstorm between fanboys and haters and lead to absolutely nothing constructive.

In short: BFA is a watered down version of Legion.

I can tell you of a few things that I personally dislike about BfA:

1. No real sense of progression on your char, leveling is a complete joke, you get like 1 ability every 20 levels and the levels themselves feel very empty, any real glimpse of progress can be seen at max level but that kind of progress is turned into a single player experience, you can farm wqs, warfronts etc alone. I kindly remind everyone that we're talking about an MMORPG game where the game SHOULD be meant to engage players with each other

2. The lore doesn't make much sense specially from the night elves/forsaken perspective, just see what happened in Darkshore

3. Classes are a shadow of what they once were, rotations are bland and easy and abilities few, no real hard class to master as they all have max 5 buttons, something I am bothered by is the lack of cosmetic quivers for hunters and lack of mana usage for mages unless you go arcane, a mage that doesn't use mana makes no sense

4. TItanforging/warforging, in my opinion should be off the game completely, it belittles the efforts you put into the game, imagine someone raiding normal and having mythic ilvl pieces just because he got lucky

5. Gear is too easy to obtain, epics are literally thrown at your face with a chance at titanforging/warforging, too much rng and there are no valid vendors

Now to the things I like:

1. Mythic raids and dungeons are pretty fun but I wouldn't consider a m+10 on par with a mythic boss so I would lower the Ilvl rewards from m+

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The sceptic in me always thinks these kinds of threads are just elaborate flamebaits. And you also say that you can't find any info on why that is...? Seriously?

There's a 1000 threads on all expansion features here. You can always just read those. Starting another one will just create another shitstorm between fanboys and haters and lead to absolutely nothing constructive.
    Well said, but people just want to bolster their post count by discussing topics that have already been discussed to death.

Time to go create a "who is right, Saurfang or Sylvanas?" thread. Please don't infract me.

Quote Originally Posted by xzanle View Post
    Have not played since release month of legion and like all others came to check out classic. Now I have I wanna level in BFA on the side.

But I have heard rumors BFA is a bad expansion but can not find any info on why this is. Can anyone explain
    It depends on what you like in WoW. Raids and dungeons are good. Class balance is good overall. Other aspects are okayish for me at best (class design, Horde zones, warfronts). I think that the war campaign, the azerite system and the essence system are fine without being outstanding, but to each their own.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-09-05 at 09:33 PM.

the same thing thats wrong with every expansion

its current

BFA is not rewarding, It lacks the base component of making the players feel rewarded for their time playing

Warfronts dont give shit
    Island Expeditions dont give shit
    World Quests dont give shit
    World Bosses dont give shit.
    Battlegrounds dont give shit.
    Brawls dont give shit.
    Timewalking Raids and Dungeons dont give shit
    M+ is capped at 10 and after that it doesnt give shit.
    Rated PvP is completely RNG Based for gear and the PvP Templates completely kills some specs in PvP
    Mythic Raiding requires u to sit watch 19 others fail over and over again to eventually succeed which itself doesnt make it rewarding
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2019-09-05 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    BFA is not rewarding, It lacks the base component of making the players feel rewarded for their time playing
    I don't know about that, I mean, when I open my character creation screen and see everything unlocked thanks to time played in BfA and that I can create a level 20 Nightborne now and until the end of time whereas someone who skipped BfA can't until they put in the time, I feel like I was rewarded for my time playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post

Warfronts dont give shit
    Island Expeditions dont give shit
    World Quests dont give shit
    World Bosses dont give shit.
    Battlegrounds dont give shit.
    Brawls dont give shit.
    Timewalking Raids and Dungeons dont give shit
    M+ is capped at 10 and after that it doesnt give shit.
    Rated PvP is completely RNG Based for gear and the PvP Templates completely kills some specs in PvP
    Mythic Raiding requires u to sit watch 19 others fail over and over again to eventually succeed which itself doesnt make it rewarding
    You can chain run m10's to get decent gear or help gear up guildies quick IMO , the gear that drops is only 430.. BUT I've seen a SHIT ton of gear Warforge, and maybe even titanforge (I'd say maybe 1 out of 2 dungeons will have a 5ilvl upgraded drop in a 10 in time, and I'd say 1 out of 5 dungeons for a 10 ilvl upgrade for someone in a M10 in time..) - Just saying M10's are actually decent IMO - I agree with everything you said otherwise

5+ Year Old Account
    I got from Bfa what I got and expected from the last expansions too. A little bit of a new world, dungeons and raids.
    The addon specific features not so much (like warfront and island expeditions). But since I'm expecting not much on that side anyway I have no real problems with Bfa and in my opinion it is by far not the worst addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    So in essence their opinion is different from your own therefore they're just trying to be hipsters?

How nice of you to attempt to invalidate others opinions for your own perspective and perceptions.

Basically what Darknessvamp said:

Any of those or a combination thereof is the general reasons why this expansion is disliked amongst those that dislike it. For me it's the story, the class design after Legion (not that Legion was good mind you, but cutting the artifact traits out definitely left a lot to be desired for), Islands sounded great in theory and paper but were meh in execution, War Campaign I'll consider part of the story, Azerite traits that just felt completely lack luster in comparison to Legion's legendaries, and Warfronts which suffer for the same reasons as Islands.

Needless to say I haven't been subbed very much this expansion. Stuck around to get two; or maybe it's three... characters to 120, came back for 8.2 to see if there was enough change and unsubbed again immediately after catching up on the story in 8.2. WoD got more sub time from me in comparison to BfA.
    The irony in your post is big.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Tha main issue is that its too similiar to legion and people just didn't want to do the same expac 2 times in a row. Classes feel more or less the exact same, or a bit worse since the removal of artifact weapon skills. But bfa aint that bad, but its not enough to differentiate itself from legion. Nothing new and interessting really

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't know about that, I mean, when I open my character creation screen and see everything unlocked thanks to time played in BfA and that I can create a level 20 Nightborne now and until the end of time whereas someone who skipped BfA can't until they put in the time, I feel like I was rewarded for my time playing.
    Having the "privilege" of grinding for weeks to unlock a lazy reskin of a current race may be rewarding for you, but please don't assume it is for everyone.

OT, you gain nothing either talent-wise, ability-wise, or power-wise by leveling from 110 to 120. The new features are generally considered to be not very good. The story is atrocious even by WoW standards. And it doubled down on the things I hated about Legion. Those are the main reasons I did not buy it, nor have I played it outside of beta.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I like Island Expeditions tbqh

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    You can chain run m10's to get decent gear or help gear up guildies quick IMO , the gear that drops is only 430.. BUT I've seen a SHIT ton of gear Warforge, and maybe even titanforge (I'd say maybe 1 out of 2 dungeons will have a 5ilvl upgraded drop in a 10 in time, and I'd say 1 out of 5 dungeons for a 10 ilvl upgrade for someone in a M10 in time..) - Just saying M10's are actually decent IMO - I agree with everything you said otherwise
    Thats a huge exaggeration.

The chance for 2x WF is pretty low allready and if you target any gear to be 2x WF you are looking at hundred of 10+ runs in average. Most 440+ (2x WF) pieces you see on players are from the weekly chest.

Chainrunning m10 for a missing <430 piece makes sense, but anything above needs insane amount of grind.

Its my personal experience with 7000+ mythic dungeon runs - you are free to check my r.io or wowprogress page, many runs are tracked some end of week runs are not.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    This is going to be a shocker for you but -- nothing. It's just the current hate bandwagon to be on.
    This is just as bad as hating everything. You just come off badly when you seriously have ZERO negatives with a game. Even the greatest games made have bad systems in them.