Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I recall that but I thought he was an apparition since it wasn't clarified in the in-game lore (which is where I get 90% of my lore) that he was alive. It's kind of a big deal the Guardian of Tirisfall is alive, the most powerful living mage, and the Kirin Tor isn't discussing it in-game.
    He only appears as himself toward the end of RoK, when you're preparing to fight the last boss Viz'aduum. In his appearance he essentially anoints Khadgar as the acting Guardian (albeit without any kind of official investiture of power, claiming Khadgar already has what he needs). He then takes off after cryptically referring to another destiny that awaits him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I recall that but I thought he was an apparition since it wasn't clarified in the in-game lore (which is where I get 90% of my lore) that he was alive. It's kind of a big deal the Guardian of Tirisfall is alive, the most powerful living mage, and the Kirin Tor isn't discussing it in-game.
    cuse he told khadgar to gtfo his lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Ew no. The fun part about his character his how utterly evil he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Two skulls, bitch! and he just starts dual-wielding them instead of warglaives.
    Im not a big fan of AU lore, but Gul'Dan is a bright spot. His origin story almost paints him as a sympathetic character, that's until you see his response. Both he and our Gul'Dan have different origin stories, but the way they wrap around and become similarly evil is some of the better story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    cuse he told khadgar to gtfo his lawn.
    Good for him. Khadgar became overbearing right around Legion.

Naisha

Naisha × Maiev

That doesn't answer at all whether he's alive or dead!

- - - Updated - - -

How was he brought back prior to WC3?
    His mother Aegwynn pooled all the power she'd been saving up since Medivh defeated her before WC1, and even threw in the magic from the spell that made her biologically immortal, and resurrected him. It's theorized that if he wasn't, well, Medivh, that still wouldn't have worked.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer the dead staying dead for a change. That includes going to the afterlife and interacting with dead people like they are not dead. If someone is dead and not brought back shortly after his demise, that person should be gone forever. It makes for a more cohesive and impactful story.
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2019-09-05 at 11:38 PM.

I doubt it will be shadowlands. only believing when i see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    I would prefer the dead staying dead for a change. That includes going to the afterlife and interacting with dead people like they are not dead. If someone is dead and not brought back shortly after his demise, that person should be gone forever. It makes for a more cohesive and impactful story.
    and this /10chars

Waiting for Mueh'zala aka Death to appear and reveal that she's the one involved with Vol'jin's mystery and the one behind Sylvannas conspiracy.

Did anything ever come from the Uther's Tomb update? We haven't seen anything eventuate from this yet

Lothar. The rest can shit in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Yeah, as if we would believe anything George Lucas says about impactful story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudenoso View Post
    Yeah, as if we would believe anything George Lucas says about impactful story.
    Well, the prequels left deep scars in the minds of their victims. Sounds impactful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Lothar. The rest can shit in peace.
    Everyone should be able to shit in peace. Ba dum tss!

Don’t think Varian would be there. His soul was ripped apart by Fel from Guldan.

Also don’t think Ysera would be there sadly. I think elude took her into a special place and she might regenerate somewhere (I’m hopeful ok lol)

Fandral and Lady V won’t be in there at all. They died in places that aren’t Azeroth. Lady V was Outland and Fandral was in the firelands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seeing argus would be sick, i mean that is his domain

10+ Year Old Account
    Zul'jin, Sen'jin, and Kael'thas would be my top three to come back with.

Garry would be fun too, especially if after getting stomped on by Thrall reverted him back to his pre-MoP personality.

Oh yeah, and it'd be fun to face off against Cho'gall again down there.

I could see Arthas returning, would make sense that they changed Bolvar's Lich King voice if that were the plan.

None, dead people better stay dead, the only exception is being raised as undead.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    He and Illidan hug it out, only for the elf to rip his head off again.

"They don't call me the betrayer for nothin!"

Next xpac: Wrath of the Titan-Elf
    Haha love it!

No lie, Farondis restoring himself and his people via the Shadowlands and joining the Alliance would be pretty cool. It would give us some more NE characters, bump up the population a bit after Teldrassil and allow us to keep him around in the story. I'd totally be down for that.

A question though, do people who died in Outland go to the same Shadowlands? Does the Shadowlands encompass the entire universe or just Azeroth? Will we see people like Kil'jaeden there if they are demons who actually died?