Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the debuff that allowed you to attack your own faction. It was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I really liked the debuff that allowed you to attack your own faction. It was amazing.
    I have a slight memory trying to find its way to my brain...but i cant remember that one
    Could you explain?

I like such funny things, just like the "Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions" title in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is neat but doesn't really last that long, nor does many care. You are just, "that guy who messed up a quest". A little flavour is nice though. Want to be shamed in current content, I guess, have resurrection sickness or deserter debuff - or I guess, wear the wrong gear.
    wrong spec/talents/bad logs

There should be a stackable debuff in retail which lasts for a week that tells people how many times you wiped in LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I have a slight memory trying to find its way to my brain...but i cant remember that one
    Could you explain?
    It was a Horde quest and you were basically an exile if you screwed up & could attack Horde NPCs. The NPCs were attackable but not hostile where they would attack you first. Its not the quest that involved failing lore like the OP talked about but I definitely remember Horde players in Org killing NPCs.

It is neat but doesn't really last that long, nor does many care. You are just, "that guy who messed up a quest". A little flavour is nice though. Want to be shamed in current content, I guess, have resurrection sickness or deserter debuff - or I guess, wear the wrong gear.
    People cared enough to make a post here about it. I'm quite positive many who know about the quest nose-laughed to themselves after passing by this guy. OP clearly did.

What's with you and being butthurt about classic? I see you spreading salt everywhere. Is trolling on these forums getting to be that desperate?

There is a quest with a debuff like that on retail, it's just that no one actually gives a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If you equip a "wrong" item on live, ie a non-heart of azeroth neck for instance, you deserve to be belittled. Everything is so straight forward and child-friendly.
    Unlike Classic, which, as we all know, requires an incredibly high IQ to appreciate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    There is a quest with a debuff like that on retail, it's just that no one actually gives a shit.
    Nuh uh! Blizzard would never! Retail players need safe spaces and soft edges. Only these super cool Classic players get to enjoy jokes like these since they are designed specifically for their obviously superior intellects.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Unlike Classic, which, as we all know, requires an incredibly high IQ to appreciate.
    More than it took to write that post, obviously. How did your defensive mind manage to take what I said as anything related to intelligence? Are you just unclear on what intelligence is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    People cared enough to make a post here about it. I'm quite positive many who know about the quest nose-laughed to themselves after passing by this guy. OP clearly did.

What's with you and being butthurt about classic? I see you spreading salt everywhere. Is trolling on these forums getting to be that desperate?
    Sooooo, where is this 'trolling' at the you so accuse me of? For all I wrote was my own opinion, and as a lore nerd myself, I didn't care if people failed their quest. As in classic, I offer to help people if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    wrong spec/talents/bad logs
    Oh indeed. People make derisive snorts when you don't do your talents like the cookie cutter builds you can google.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Dont know if you can see from the image.
    But you get a big ass purple arrow pointing at you, and a hunters mark Thats how i noticed the guy.
    Meh, not really the shameful thing - just me, maybe. You would be amazed of how many people don't spare a moment to look through quest items/logs.

- - - Updated - - -

If you equip a "wrong" item on live, ie a non-heart of azeroth neck for instance, you deserve to be belittled. Everything is so straight forward and child-friendly.
    Honestly, if you have a need to belittle people, then you need to leave MMO's.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Honestly, if you have a need to belittle people, then you need to leave MMO's.
    Honestly, if you need everyone you play with to hold your hand with silk gloves on, maybe you need to step back from social interactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it.

I also love how if a NIN in FF14 messes up their Mudras they get the bunny of shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

More than it took to write that post, obviously. How did your defensive mind manage to take what I said as anything related to intelligence? Are you just unclear on what intelligence is?
    Couple things:

a.) Calling retail "child-friendly" is incredibly fucking demeaning.
    b.) Who's being defensive here? I like both Classic and retail. However, I dislike people shitting on retail for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Couple things:

a.) Calling retail "child-friendly" is incredibly fucking demeaning.
    b.) Who's being defensive here? I like both Classic and retail. However, I dislike people shitting on retail for no reason.
    Demeaning to whom? Children? People who are delusional about who the game is for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So I guess I'm not among the cool kids again because I don't think shaming someone for failing a quest is good?
    Yeah I’d say so. It’s a joke because it’s an easy lore question. You literally learn the answer right before you reply. It’s just comical. Lighten up a little maybe.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demeaning to whom? Children? People who are delusional about who the game is for?
    Please, do keep pretending that "child friendly" in context of retail totally doesn't mean "these people are bunch of whiny brats and would instantly cry if (something from Classic) happened there... including things that *do* happen."

Rez sickness is not shameful. It's a legitimate decision based on multiple factors unique to each player. If I just died for the third time trying to master a certain area or get to a chest and decide it's not worth it or my gear is broken, I'll take the sickness, repair, and have a 10 minute break. Most likely, I'll be right back other there because I'm stubborn. This goes for both classic and retail.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Guys, relax, this was supposed to be a funny thing to share and the thread to die fast (X_X) no need for a war inside what was supposed to be a funny thread.

Shaaaaaaame!