Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    I think WoW Classic is a huge success. I just do not believe it will last for long.

I believe WoW Classic is successfull, because it combines nostalgia with novelty. Many nostalgic people, and many who have not played in classic. Combine them, and you got a large audience.

I think most people are curious, and will not stay for much longer once they got done with the amount of grind needed for character progression.
    It has definitely had a successful launch, it is waaay too early to say it's successful overall, imo. The true test is to see how it is getting on in a year's time.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It has definitely had a successful launch, it is waaay too early to say it's successful overall, imo. The true test is to see how it is getting on in a year's time.
    I think people will leave in the next month. As fast as they joined.

- - - Updated - - -

The number of people on twitch is already diminishing fast, obviously.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people will leave in the next month. As fast as they joined.
    Some people will, yeah. How many is the question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Imagine thanking Mike Kern, yikes. Never forget the BattleBus
    and the game of thrones music video advertisement for a futuristic fps that mentions cum dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

As the hardcore gaming streamers continue to hype classic, it is very likely their followers will stay in classic as long as their gods do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the point will come when they'll hit a brick wall. Grinding endless hours from 46 1/2 to 47 3/4 and still wondering how long it will take to lvl 60 will surely demotivate a lot of them. I think in a few weeks most of the player base will hit that wall

Raidloggers sure won't like classic, that's good
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Classic is dumb and i hope it fails.
    If Classic fails then WoW fails. There wasn't much of an audience in retail WoW for a while now. The only thing that'll keep this momentum going is if the next expansion borrows a lot of ideas from Classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    If Classic fails then WoW fails.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ploki View Post
    WoW Classic Launch Surpasses Fortnite On Twitch By Hitting 1 Million Viewers
    1 million viewers puts WoW well ahead of Fortnite and all others.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6469398/

Now, no one can say that WoW Classic isn't a huge success.
    Thank you Nostalrius, Mark Kern, Streamers and WoW Vanilla Communities!

#YouThinkYouDoAndYouDo
    Yes almost like the biggest fortnite streamer left the platform.
    and the launch of a new game will sky rocket veiwers.
    especially when there is 2 games under 1.
    yes wow classic is big, but compared to fortnite? nah if ninja was still on twitch it wouldnt even be a fair fight
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Classic is dumb and i hope it fails.
    Retail is garbage and I hope it fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    If Classic fails then WoW fails. There wasn't much of an audience in retail WoW for a while now. The only thing that'll keep this momentum going is if the next expansion borrows a lot of ideas from Classic.
    Yeah, just reintroduce some complexity back again (where it makes sense). Just compare Diablo 3 "Talent Tree" and PoE Talent Board... I think you'll get my point.

Is this our weekly reminder that WoW had more than a million viewers on twitch for less than an hour?

Can I post this thread next week?

We can't see into the future.

I mean, as another poster already said, WoW had millions and millions of players since it's launch, so the potential player pool is huge.

Due to the exposure on Twitch, it's gonna attract new players, too. I read somewhere that even that famous Fortnite streamer, Ninja, who left Twitch for Mixer, is now streaming WoW...

Or as someone on my server said: Classic is so relaxing While I feel like the modern iteration is like a constant sugar rush.... nothing relaxing about that.

I really hope that Blizzard uses WoW Classic's success for future endeavors. I wouldn't be surprised if WoW Classic was worth the investment for figuring out that piece of information alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Except they don't really sell many game boxes for it, since the majority of people probably had retail accounts, even if dormant for years. So the real earnings would only come in from people actually staying subbed for a prolonged time. And the longevity of the hype is still a big question.
    You realize that even if it's only 500 000 new subscriptions that only last a SINGLE month, it's already 7,5 million in their pocket for the price of a small team working for two years ? That's still printing money.

Working. Yes. In a computer game.
    in modern wow you really don't say, oh hey there is this really awesome weapon in x dungeon I need for my build. Now it is a stat stick with no effects that is a tiny incremental upgrade that doesn't do anything noticeable to my character woooooo. Another issue is how much the stats inflate while leveling which feels really bad too so every level feels like a step backwards.

Retail WoW is what you get when you allow modern phone game design practices to bleed into it and that is exactly what world quests and similar reward loops are.

Does it mean I hate modern WoW? No I like a lot about it but too many things were brushed off and made pointless like professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    in modern wow you really don't say, oh hey there is this really awesome weapon in x dungeon I need for my build.
    Actually, every incarnation of WoW is rewarding gear. And in every incarnation you can target bosses for special drops.

Nobody cares for launch. We´re walking over the crushed corses of dozens od WoW-Killers now. If it has those viewers in a month or two, i ´d be imressed, but we all know that won´t be the case.

Actually, every incarnation of WoW is rewarding gear. And in every incarnation you can target bosses for special drops.
    It isn't as impactful though, that is the point and many many many people agree.