Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    I really dont know why people hate him that much, he is a really great character if you disregard the old god puppet thingy.
    It was clear even in Vanilla that he was malicious. Whether by himself, due to grief over the loss of his son, his granddaughter, or Old God corruption, it doesn't matter.
    Thinking he is a likeable Alliance character is similar to Garrosh apologism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    Like i said old god puppet, they could have done a small retcon that instead him being the guy responsible for all the emerald dream things, that he was not helping malfurion either. That he didnt cared about malfurion but did care about night elfs. Try to look at him then. If they retconned the old god puppet he would have been a great character in the alliance, always going against the humans until varian came along and in bfa he could go against anduin.

I really dont know why people hate him that much, he is a really great character if you disregard the old god puppet thingy.
    No he really isn't. He was a jerk and ended up being a jerk(Shocking I know). He's far a better character by being lost mentally after his son's death, that would scar anyone. Him just being a big warhawk and thats it isn't really interesting, not to mention there was hardly any reason for him to being that way back then.

Virtual Ticket is next month ............and Sylvanas is on that image.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-09-06 at 05:20 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

there you go^^

LMAO, Sylvanas and no one else from WoW.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    LMAO

I'm done.

Sylvanas, really ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    LMAO

I'm done.

Sylvanas, really ?
    Why wouldnt it be Sylvanas. She is likely to be the final boss going by the Warbringers as final raid boss theme we ahve had going throughout the expansion, and equally as likely to survive, meaning that she is potentially central to both the current storyline come Blizzcon, and just as important (potentially) for the next expansion.

tfw just Sylvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Huh? You expected more than one? They're usually just one character each time.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Huh? You expected more than one? They're usually just one character each time.
    I think what people expected was... anyone but her. If she's not Warchief anymore (as we're largely assuming), and N'Zoth is the endboss of BFA, and 9.0 is a world revamp (as, again, we're largely assuming) how does she fit into any of this?

It's an expansion year after all.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    tfw just Sylvanas
    Once again the obvious answer was the right one. I don't know why we even speculate anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Once again the obvious answer was the right one. I don't know why we even speculate anymore
    Because we want to assume Blizz is interested in making a good game rather than appeasing fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Because we want to assume Blizz is interested in making a good game rather than appeasing fanboys.
    Why is Sylvanas being shown as a prominent character in this Blizzcon a bad move though? She is likely to be the final boss, and also a player in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think what people expected was... anyone but her. If she's not Warchief anymore (as we're largely assuming), and N'Zoth is the endboss of BFA, and 9.0 is a world revamp (as, again, we're largely assuming) how does she fit into any of this?

It's an expansion year after all.
    Each time a Blizzcon they announced an expac: WoD had Garrosh as the key art character, the gamescom they announced Legion had Gul'dan, and the Blizzcon they announced BfA had Jaina... Each time the character is a major driving force of the new expansion's plot.

So obviously, they choosed her because she's a big link to it.

Aka Shadowlands (inb4 no duuude it's faaaakkkeee)

Really was hoping we would receive 8.3 news before Blizzcon.

I assume this means 8.3 is Nzoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each time a Blizzcon they announced an expac: WoD had Garrosh as the key art character, the gamescom they announced Legion had Gul'dan, and the Blizzcon they announced BfA had Jaina... Each time the character is a major driving force of the new expansion's plot.

I'm assuming it is.

And digging my heals in for Classic then, since last time I checked Shadowlands is "more of the same" not "2020 WoW."

It's also basically confirmed she will get a cinematic. Jaina, Saurfang and azshara which where the last ones used for key art have all received a cinematic the time they where used. Which ties in with the chinese voice actor leaking she did some work for a cinematic. the tweet suggests a full cinematic, but it could also be a jaina like voiceover for the feature trailer.

Maybe they only have Sylvanas because they do NOT want to spoil a surprise or something? If it had a dragon, we'd know what to expect, or N'Zoth and so on. But with Sylvanas... anything might be possible (sadly?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Maybe they only have Sylvanas because they do NOT want to spoil a surprise or something? If it had a dragon, we'd know what to expect, or N'Zoth and so on. But with Sylvanas... anything might be possible (sadly?)
    Thing is they've never done that before. Someone rattled off the examples. Usually it's whoever is the bridge character (Garrosh into WoD, Gul'dan into Legion).

Hence expect a flood of Shadowlands-type leaks incoming.

Well, looking at the Blizzcon art:

1. Diablo Barbarian as the main (biggest) character/presence - well, this points towards Diablo having the biggest announcement of the event, like for instance Diablo 4 (that pretty much everyone expects to be announced this year anyway).

2. Sylvanas - there are 2 options: either they will just announce 8.3 (which is likely to deal with Sylvanas anyway) or the more likely option - they announce 9.0 that is tied to or set in motion by Sylvanas, like for example the Shadowlands stuff.

3. Elise Starseeker - I think the most recent Hearthstone expansion is some Uldum stuff and she appears there, thus... she's probably on the Blizzcon art just because they needed someone to be there and not spoil what the next Hearthstone expansion is about.

4. Egon Stetmann - last released SC2 co-op commander, probably there for the same reason as Elise - to have someone there who won't spoil anything; and yes, I think Egon being the Starcraft character means that all Starcraft is getting is another co-op hero announcement. And maybe a map if we're lucky.

5. Mecha Tyrael - the same reason as above: they had to put someone who wouldn't spoil the next hero announcement. Best case scenario they will also add a map or some cool, little quality of life changes for HotS.

6. Tracer - truth be told, I'm not at all interested in Overwatch, so I have no idea what this could mean. I'm guessing a new map or a new hero is a likely candidate, but on the other hand... Tracer is in the centre with Diablo and WoW, which many expect to have big announcements, so maybe there is some credibility to the whole Overwatch 2 thing.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-09-06 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Well, looking at the Blizzcon art:

1. Diablo Barbarian as the main (biggest) character/presence - well, this points towards Diablo having a really massive announcement, like for instance Diablo 4 (that pretty much everyone expects to be announced this year).
    2. Sylvanas - there are 2 options: either they just announce 8.3 (which is likely to deal with Sylvanas) or the more likely option - they announce 9.0 that is tied to or set in motion by Sylvanas, like for example the Shadowlands stuff.
    3. Elise Starseeker - I think the most recent Hearthstone expansion is some Uldum stuff and she appears there, thus... she's probably on the Blizzcon art to avoid spoling what next Hearthstone expansion is.
    4. Egon Stetmann - last released SC2 co-op commander, probably there for the same reason as Elise - to avoid spoiling what the next co-op commander will be (because that's the only announcement I expect for Starcraft this year).
    5. Mecha Tyrael - the same reason as above: they had to put someone who wouldn't spoil the next hero announcement (because there will be one for sure).
    6. Tracer - no idea, I'm not at all interested in Overwatch, but since she, Sylvanas and D3 Barbarians are the most centered, perhaps there is some credibility to Overwatch 2 rumors.
    Sounds about right. Though I think Tracer is there mostly because they can't put a new Overwatch hero on there, and we traditionally get one at Blizzcon. Maybe the Hero is related to Tracer's character somehow.

Oh, and the usual suspects who hyped up D4 last year with no proof are trying to hype up that there's a vacant spot next to Tracer so new IP incoming. *eyeroll*