Well, now I'm legit worried that the "Sylvanas kills everyone and takes them all to the Shadowlands" leak might have been on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think what people expected was... anyone but her. If she's not Warchief anymore (as we're largely assuming), and N'Zoth is the endboss of BFA, and 9.0 is a world revamp (as, again, we're largely assuming) how does she fit into any of this?

It's an expansion year after all.
    N'zoth isn't the endboss of BfA and was never meant to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why is Sylvanas being shown as a prominent character in this Blizzcon a bad move though? She is likely to be the final boss, and also a player in the next expansion.
    But this would make her basically Garrosh 2.0 and BfA even more MoP 2.0.

And then she gets killed in a lazy ass questline at new max level by whom, one of her sisters? Tyrande?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    N'zoth isn't the endboss of BfA and was never meant to be.

- - - Updated - - -

But this would make her basically Garrosh 2.0 and BfA even more MoP 2.0.

And then she gets killed in a lazy ass questline at new max level by whom, one of her sisters? Tyrande?
    N'zoth clearly.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Oh, and the usual suspects who hyped up D4 last year with no proof are trying to hype up that there's a vacant spot next to Tracer so new IP incoming. *eyeroll*
    I think that a new IP is extremely unlikely this year.

We already expect 3 big announcements - Diablo, WoW expansion, Hearthstone expansion. There might also be a big Overwatch announcement. Probably also a release date for Warcraft 3 Reforged and Diablo Immortal. Maybe that animated Diablo show that was rumored a while back plus another mobile game, perhaps the WoW Pokemon thing. And the smaller updates to Hots and SC2.

To me this line-up seems very packed. No way they will squeeze in a brand new IP. Maybe next year, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Well, now I'm legit worried that the "Sylvanas kills everyone and takes them all to the Shadowlands" leak might have been on the right track.
    Or at least that Sylvanas will be the saviour in the end. Another slap into the face.

Also, about the WoW Pokemon thing.

I think it will happen this year too, because last year they've openly stated that they work on more mobile games and they'll probably want to double down on that this year since mobile games are extremely profitable. Plus... I think they've learned from Immortal fiasco and won't announce any mobile stuff without a big PC announcement that they can pair it up with - like D4 + Immortal release date (my personal theory is that Immortal is pretty much done, but they held it back until Blizzcon, so they can announce the release date with D4 to avoid any further drama) and WoW 9.0 + WoW mobile game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, Sylvanas is on key art. It OBVIOUSLY means that Shadowlands expansion leak is true, 8.3 leak is true and there will be no 8.3 news before Blizzcon. Hell, let's just say all leaks are true to be safe. Right guys? ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not worrying until actual context is given on why Sylvanas is relevant. Freaking out just seems like a waste of energy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not worrying until actual context is given on why Sylvanas is relevant. Freaking out just seems like a waste of energy.
    Its Sylvanas.
    Half of this expansion is caused by her.

I think its pretty clear why she is relevant.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Its Sylvanas.
    Half of this expansion is caused by her.

I think its pretty clear why she is relevant.
    That's not entirely accurate, they would've choosen Anduin or something which is bound to be just as relevant for what remains of BFA.

This is expansion year, the reason she's there is because she's relevant to the one that follows in some way.

N'zoth clearly.
    We'll see, it's quite interesting to speculate though. I'm sure we won't defeat/kill N'zoth this expansion. The only thing I don't ever want to see happen is Sylvanas being the true hero.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Kinda shocked we never got a Blizzcon with Sargeras in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    This is expansion year, the reason she's there is because she's relevant to the one that follows in some way.
    I don't get how this is anything surprising tho.

While im not exactly a fan of it either, Blizzard teased on multiple occasions that they have more planned for her.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    They usually choose key Iconic characters for WoW (for Blizzcon), belive it or not, the average Joe probably has no clue how the flaming bearded guy looks like. I know it's hard to belive, but trust me, it's not uncommun.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2019-09-06 at 07:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    He was in the Argus key art.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how this is anything surprising tho.

While im not exactly a fan of it either, Blizzard teased on multiple occasions that they have more planned for her.
    Eh, I'm not complaning, I never wanted or expected her to be irrelvant, specially when the other 2 Warbringers didn't. Was more pointing out to the relevance of the timing by this being expac year.

I REALLY hope Sylvanas is there because of 8.3 stuff and not due to 9.0 plot. It’s beyond time we deal with her...
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I REALLY hope Sylvanas is there because of 8.3 stuff and not due to 9.0 plot. It’s beyond time we deal with her...
    Lmao you''ve have to be delusional if you think she was going to die. I shouldn't be surprised due to your past ''predictions'', but really, I think it's time to get over it. Also she's there because of both, like (most) of the previous posters holders.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Then you are in for a big disappointment. Of course she will have relevance in 9.0. As long as this blizzcon art isn't photoshopped (didn't find it in a first google search).

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They usually choose key Iconic characters for WoW (for Blizzcon), belive it or not, the average Joe probably has no clue how the flaming bearded guy looks like. I know it's hard to belive, but trust me, it's not uncommun.
    So...

Sargeras, the Lord of the Burning Legion, isn't a key character?

- - - Updated - - -

He was in the Argus key art.
    Should've been in the Blizzcon 2017 key art.