5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I doubt ´9.0 will be old gods or shadowlands at this point.
    Really? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Really? Why?
    Well for old gods, we have had Void content for one expansion already, (ghuun, azshara and maybe a 3rd with nzoth if he is the boss) more than the faction content.

Most people thought we were getting Azshara south seas expansion after MoP and WoD And Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Well for old gods, we have had Void content for one expansion already, (ghuun, azshara and maybe a 3rd with nzoth if he is the boss) more than the faction content.

Most people thought we were getting Azshara south seas expansion after MoP and WoD And Legion.
    True, but look at the story hooks! Old Gods, Dragons and Death. That's all we have now really.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what to expect. All I can hope for is that all the top level devs are in a room talking about what they have learned from BFA and classic. Max level 60,keep the world and zones, same classes, keep the QOL features. Keep it simple and MAKE IT HARD ffs.
    EDIT: and everyone starts at level 1
    Last edited by kunah; 2019-09-04 at 10:02 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think the Shadowlands stuff is the most believable yet although the leaks are way too elaborate for this point in time.

Most believable....no

Sylvanas isn't fighting a secret war
    The lich King isn't leaving northrend
    Hakkar is not magically so powerful he has stripped bwonsamdi of the title of loa of death
    The void doesn't need the shadowlands to gain access to the dream
    Helya becoming pretty won't make her forgive us for killing her
    We won't get Ghostbusters

The concept is a summary of the videos done by pyromancer over the last year

Why would blizzard release the last old God just to take us out of the fight....how does that make sense??

Why reintroduce the black prince and have him seemingly go through this big realization and learn to fight the old gods just to be sidelined

"Gallywix saves mekkatorque" he hates him and he isn't a genius. The guy literally had no problem with the idea that him telling sylvanas about azerite caused this war so I doubt he would care about leaders dying

If ppl treated this like a leak instead of some gospel then the holes would be easier to spot.

Great fan fic but terrible expansion

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Most believable....no

Sylvanas isn't fighting a secret war
    The lich King isn't leaving northrend
    Hakkar is not magically so powerful he has stripped bwonsamdi of the title of loa of death
    The void doesn't need the shadowlands to gain access to the dream
    Helya becoming pretty won't make her forgive us for killing her
    We won't get Ghostbusters

The concept is a summary of the videos done by pyromancer over the last year

Why would blizzard release the last old God just to take us out of the fight....how does that make sense??

Why reintroduce the black prince and have him seemingly go through this big realization and learn to fight the old gods just to be sidelined

"Gallywix saves mekkatorque" he hates him and he isn't a genius. The guy literally had no problem with the idea that him telling sylvanas about azerite caused this war so I doubt he would care about leaders dying

If ppl treated this like a leak instead of some gospel then the holes would be easier to spot.

Great fan fic but terrible expansion
    I agree with most of your points, but to be fair, Hakkar could very well be this powerful. We dont know how powerful he truly is/can become, as he is still a complete mystery. What we know is that he was powerful enough to almost wipe out Zandalars entire population with his blood plague in the trolls ancient days.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    I agree with most of your points, but to be fair, Hakkar could very well be this powerful. We dont know how powerful he truly is/can become, as he is still a complete mystery. What we know is that he was powerful enough to almost wipe out Zandalars entire population with his blood plague in the trolls ancient days.
    But bwonsamdi is the loa of death currently and has been since before we killed hakkar and the more a loa is worshipped the stronger they are (afaik) so death bro should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i mean... we were basically told "Burning Legion is here!" throughout MoP, yet had WoD inbetween which then was used as the link, rather than using Wrathions like 500 warnings

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    i mean... we were basically told "Burning Legion is here!" throughout MoP, yet had WoD inbetween which then was used as the link, rather than using Wrathions like 500 warnings
    Big difference

He's already here
    Legion was on it's way

It would be like "hey the legion just showed up at the broken shore but you need to go to au draenor because of the everbloom

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas final boss of BFA? Or Sylvanas hero of 9.0?

Place your bets now.

FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If they really do a 'Sylvanas was Azeroth's true hero' all along twist there's going to be an apocalypse across the boards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    If they really do a 'Sylvanas was Azeroth's true hero' all along twist there's going to be an apocalypse across the boards.
    Except Classic, where none of that eeeveerrrrr happened.

And where you'll find me if they pull that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Place your bets now.
    100% all my bets on Sylvanas as final boss. It is the choice that makes the most sense narratively and thematically. N'zoth as the final boss would only make sense if Sylvanas comes out as a fanatical N'zoth cultist sometime between now and the raid, and i do not think that would be the best idea.

Except Classic, where none of that eeeveerrrrr happened.

And where you'll find me if they pull that.
    I don't blame you. I'm not sure what I would do in that case -- except stock up on a lot of popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    100% all my bets on Sylvanas as final boss. It is the choice that makes the most sense narratively and thematically. N'zoth as the final boss would only make sense if Sylvanas comes out as a fanatical N'zoth cultist sometime between now and the raid, and i do not think that would be the best idea.
    I mean Wrathion says, verbaitum, that the battle against N'Zoth is "The true battle for Azeroth."

I mean Wrathion says, verbaitum, that the battle against N'Zoth is "The true battle for Azeroth."
    Sure, he does. But i don't see how that necessarily makes it less of a copout for the driving antagonist of the expansion to be sidelined after all this buildup just so we can have a cool boss fight against a boss that barely has nothing to do with the driving conflict of the expansion.
    It is like having hte final boss of Legion be against Azshara, or the final boss of MoP to be the Burning Legion.

Besides, him saying that the battle against N'zoth is the true battle for azeroth could just as easily be meant as foreshadowing of how the next expansion where we fight N'zoth is the "actual" battle for Azeroth. There are more than one way to read foreshadowing.

I still think the true battle for Azeroth is Alliance vs. Horde (or better Sylvanas + her few allies vs. everyone else).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    This was BlizzCon's art for 2017 before BFA was announced;

Jaina appears prominently on that poster, and she had a fairly hefty role in BFA.

Garrosh appeared on the 2013 art right before WoD was announced, and Gul'Dan appeared for the 2015 Gamescon poster right before Legion's announcement.

This could mean that Sylvanas has a big part in 9.0.

15+ Year Old Account

Place your bets now.

Remember SC2 lore with tassadar in last chapters?
    Perharps Sylvanas aint sylvanas at all?^)
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Remember SC2 lore with tassadar in last chapters?
    Perharps Sylvanas aint sylvanas at all?^)
    We gonna pull a Dreadlord twist? Oh dear. Wasn't BfA enough for jumping the shark?