Money from AH isn't delivered instantly

I just sold my first AH items and there is 1 hour delay for money to get mailed. This wasn't thing until patch 2.2, is there any explanation for this?
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2019-09-06 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    I just sold my first AH items and there is 1 hour delay for money to get mailed. This wasn't thing until patch 2.2, is there any explanation for this?
    This isn't actually Classic.

There's a 1 hour delay on all mail, even between characters on the same account.

It was implemented as a measure to combat gold selling. As gold selling is still technically a thing, they probably left it in for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    It was implemented as a measure to combat gold selling. As gold selling is still technically a thing, they probably left it in for similar reasons.
    I never understood how it would prevent that. One gets the gold fine but in 1 hour delay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    There's a 1 hour delay on all mail, even between characters on the same account.
    If you "return" sent mail, its instant though. No idea if this is an oversight, but I've been using it extensively for my bank alt. I'll send all my trade goods to him, then just hit return, and its now stored in my mailbox for 30 days.

Youre stupid? There was always a delay on mailing items or getting gold from the ah. They only removed the account internal (aka toon to toon from your account to your account) in like wrath or something
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Youre stupid? There was always a delay on mailing items or getting gold from the ah. They only removed the account internal (aka toon to toon from your account to your account) in like wrath or something
    Seems like you are, don't you remember when they added it?

"As of Patch 2.2.0, Auction House generated emails for successful auction sales will now have a one-hour delay and is no longer instantaneous."

Source: official patch notes

Seems like you are, don't you remember when they added it?

"As of Patch 2.2.0, Auction House generated emails for successful auction sales will now have a one-hour delay and is no longer instantaneous."

It is what it is, I woulden't worry about it too much

They were very clear that some changes post-Vanilla would stay in that they felt were good, necessary, or important. Backend stuff, exploit avoidance, etc. The AH mail thing was probably included as one of those they felt worth keeping. It's the way it is. It shouldn't impact the Vanilla play experience in any way.

Who cares? We've been living with it for over a decade

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Who cares? We've been living with it for over a decade
    players should care cus its not vanilla mechanic to wait 1hr for money. We wanted no changes and its annoying to wait.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I never understood how it would prevent that. One gets the gold fine but in 1 hour delay.
    This policy curbs incentive and they wouldn't do it if they didn't see an effect disincentivizing potential buyers. Players buying gold do it because they need it now and because it introduces an uncomfortable waiting period where you don't know if you've just been scammed or not - it happens and neither party engaging in this behavior are the smartest or known for their patience. Sucks others have to suffer for this and their choices tho, however such is the way of most band-aid solutions.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    players should care cus its not vanilla mechanic to wait 1hr for money. We wanted no changes and its annoying to wait.
    Have you noticed the water graphics? As well as the grass that moves when you run through it? The water was introduced in cata while the grass was introduced in Legion.

You gonna be mad at that too?

the 1 hour wait wasn't a feature or mechanic of an expansion or content patch, it was a restriction to counter spammers and gold sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
    ...a 1 hour delay on mail is not going to stop gold selling

fucking lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    This policy curbs incentive and they wouldn't do it if they didn't see an effect disincentivizing potential buyers. Players buying gold do it because they need it now and because it introduces an uncomfortable waiting period where you don't know if you've just been scammed or not - it happens and neither party engaging in this behavior are the smartest or known for their patience. Sucks others have to suffer for this and their choices tho, however such is the way of most band-aid solutions.
    Having to wait 1 hour is not going to stop someone from buying gold. Nobody on this earth is going to say "OH MY GOD I WILL NOT BUY GOLD BECAUSE I NEED TO WAIT 1 HOUR FOR IT TO BE DELIVERED REEEEEEEEEEEEE", no, that's fucking dumb.

Furthermore, most gold sellers transfer gold by purchasing an auction anyway, like taking some worthless item and putting it up on the AH for 300+ gold. There's no "you don't know if you've been scammed" involved with that.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-09-08 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...a 1 hour delay on mail is not going to stop gold selling
    it wasn't to completely stop gold selling, it was to reduce it and the spam that came with it.

if you think its done nothing, you didn't have to delete spam mail back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is also a reset instance button on player portrait... no1 seems to complain on that

It's pretty funny to me that most of the mail delays are clearly hacked in, though. The mail icon appears for about .5 seconds, then disappears as the server remembers "Wait a minute, that's not supposed to be instant here..."

If you genuinely care about this shit, you have a problem and have gotta go outside some point in your life. That shit is wack