Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Sylvanas is the Warcraft character for Blizzcon 2019 so buckle up for this shitshow lmao. It's going to be hilarious to watch. I hope they manage to hit at least the level of a terrible yet entertaining horror movie level of bad quality.

I cannot wait for them to turn Sylvanas into Kerrigan just to watch the heads explode.
    Dargrul the Underking was listed among major characters of Legion in its Blizzcon reveal. Didn't exactly amount to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkat124 View Post
    That's actually not true. Certain factions canonically killed certain raid bosses/completed certain raids. By that logic, all players could not be present at all raids.

That said, if they really push this whole "Oh, you weren't there but you still died" thing we might as well consider WoW a game more akin to Destiny than any kind of MMORPG.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=283053/...h-dungeon-raid

Really can't wait for this dumb faction war to fizzle out.

I should have worded it better. IN GAME, it always assumed that you, the player, were present in every major raid or dungeon. Obviously out of game canon they're going to need to write something for things like Chronicle. But in game, you have always been present in the Raids, regardless of faction, race, etc.

It's also been mentioned multiple times by Blizzard that outside material (Books, Chronicle, etc.) are canon in some aspects (the overall history of the world, and actions of major NPCs), but you the player trump anything written in the books in-game, such as the Fall of Theramore, the Lich King encounter, Garrosh's Downfall, etc.

So either way, if this leak is true (Which I doubt it is honestly), not doing the raid won't mean bullocks. It will still be assumed you were present, and were killed by Sylvanas or however the hell it plays out, regardless if you didn't do the raid or not. It's called suspension of belief, and while it's not exactly a good plot device, in MMOs it's almost a necessary evil.
    Last edited by Bladesyphon; 2019-09-06 at 08:57 PM.

Sounds like shit but the cinematic screenshot is real. It fits the 'gloomy' stylization of a rendered ingame cinematic. There are some minor changes made to the harbor - that dead tree isn't currently there, right? These boats are new models as well. One of the boats in far right corner has a kvaldir touch to it. I sense Helya.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-09-07 at 10:33 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Sounds like shit but the cinematic screenshot are real. It fits the 'gloomy' stylization of a rendered ingame cinematic. There are some minor changes made to the harbor - that dead tree isn't currently there, right? These boats are new models as well. One of the boats in far right corner has a kvaldir touch to it. I sense Helya.
    The boats are apparently Kvaldir craft, but bearing the new standard for Sylvanas and the Forsaken on their sails.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This honestly does seem like the most realistic. I'd be on board with this.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

7+ Year Old Account
    So, they are rly going for the Kerrigan route of redemption and we following her as hero going to the shadowlands , pathetic and boring

guess 8.3 will be dragon isles then? so its the thing that no one rly expected? waste an expansion worthy thing to be last patch like argus

oh boy they sure know how to piss of both playerbase

Since day 1 of Antorus, where Varinathras said to Alliance players that the broken masks will hang above our dead bodies and that she (guess who) will conquer our cities....- i knew there would be SW raid in the future.

I dont mind that at all, BUT.... Getting us all killed and then to be able to travel between "normal/living" world and "shadowlands/realm of death" is just RETARDED.

That means it REALLY doesnt matter if youre dead or alive? You can just travel through these places with no problems at all.....

Thats the stupid part. Rest is ok I guess...

What ? Wait but ...and...what ??!? ... Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Sounds like shit but the cinematic screenshot are real. It fits the 'gloomy' stylization of a rendered ingame cinematic. There are some minor changes made to the harbor - that dead tree isn't currently there, right? These boats are new models as well. One of the boats in far right corner has a kvaldir touch to it. I sense Helya.
    but the cinematic screenshot IS real, not are real.....it's like if i said you IS a dumbass when the right syntax would be you ARE a dumbass

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-07 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    So, they are rly going for the Kerrigan route of redemption and we following her as hero going to the shadowlands , pathetic and boring

guess 8.3 will be dragon isles then? so its the thing that no one rly expected? waste an expansion worthy thing to be last patch like argus

oh boy they sure know how to piss of both playerbase
    Well, it isn't like they will piss all of their playerbase... There are those like Felplague or @cparle87 who think that the story is full of nuance and makes complete sense at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Since day 1 of Antorus, where Varinathras said to Alliance players that the broken masks will hang above our dead bodies and that she (guess who) will conquer our cities....- i knew there would be SW raid in the future.

I dont mind that at all, BUT.... Getting us all killed and then to be able to travel between "normal/living" world and "shadowlands/realm of death" is just RETARDED.

That means it REALLY doesnt matter if youre dead or alive? You can just travel through these places with no problems at all.....

We've been visiting the Shadowlands since classic. The spirit healers, remember? It wasn't until Legion though that we learned they had an established lore presence and weren't just a game mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, it isn't like they will piss all of their playerbase... There are those like Felplague or @cparle87 who think that the story is full of nuance and makes complete sense at all times.
    You mean because we can look at it objectively, explore the situation without falling prey to knee-jerk reactions that lead us to form prejudices before we even know what's going on, and don't live our lives with whatever the opposite of rose-tinted glasses would be?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We've been visiting the Shadowlands since classic. The spirit healers, remember? It wasn't until Legion though that we learned they had an established lore presence and weren't just a game mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean because we can look at it objectively, explore the situation without falling prey to knee-jerk reactions that lead us to form prejudices before we even know what's going on, and don't live our lives with whatever the opposite of rose-tinted glasses would be?
    I'm glad that you are wearing those legendary rose tinted glasses. You certainly need them in order to make sense of this utter nonsense that is BfA's story.

I'm glad that you are wearing those legendary rose tinted glasses. You certainly need them in order to make sense of this utter nonsense that is BfA's story.
    I really don't get this bandwagon beef on how BfA's story is bad. If you think this story is bad, I don't see how you would ever have thought Warcraft's lore was any good. The story is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    BfA isn't uniformly bad, it's just got some marked issues with narrative flow and a few of its major story-arcs are less than compelling, in my estimation. The G'huun arc, the Nazjatar/Azshara/N'Zoth arc, the various quest-chains of the leveling content through Zandalar and Kul Tiras, and the Magni/Azerite story-arc are pretty good - especially the latter now with the Dragon Aspects beginning to come to the fore once more. The War Campaign story-arcs, which are unfortunately most of BfA's A-plot, are kind of lackluster and have issues though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the Blizzcon art supports the leak. Very interesting. I'm going to be looking forward to seeing what the next class is going to be. My money is on Tinker, with Dark Ranger being a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

No different than when we were "stranded" in Draenor, but then Mages were brought in that allowed us to port back to the capital cities again with no problem 15 minutes later.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    I really don't get this bandwagon beef on how BfA's story is bad. If you think this story is bad, I don't see how you would ever have thought Warcraft's lore was any good. The story is fine.
    Individual stories are fine. The smaller arcs, e.g. Drustvar or Vol'dun, are fine. But the biggest plot, which is the Sylvanas, has been terribly told and has serious consistency issues. The secondary plot, aka Old Gods, is way detached from the main one, and it seemingly leads nowhere.

Huh, well.....hmmmm. I could say a lot about this "leak", and it wouldn't be good, but every time I don't believe a leak, it turns out to be true. Watch it be true in some form.

So that's all I'm going to say lol.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Looks like the Blizzcon art supports the leak. Very interesting. I'm going to be looking forward to seeing what the next class is going to be. My money is on Tinker, with Dark Ranger being a close second.

No different than when we were "stranded" in Draenor, but then Mages were brought in that allowed us to port back to the capital cities again with no problem 15 minutes later.
    It's called gameplay and story segregation. In a Cata era story Anduin shows him the hearthstone Jaina gave him so he could come visit her whenever Varian was having one of his Lo'gosh moods. Varian mentions that he'd heard stories of hearthstones, in fairy tails about mages and elves. Think on that. The King of Stormwind thought an item every player begins with in their bags was a fairy tail. Also to address your issue the portals to and from Draenor were stated to be temporary, limited in how many people could pass in a given time, and limited in the size of objects that could pass. There'd be no armies or siege engines going through.

- - - Updated - - -

Individual stories are fine. The smaller arcs, e.g. Drustvar or Vol'dun, are fine. But the biggest plot, which is the Sylvanas, has been terribly told and has serious consistency issues. The secondary plot, aka Old Gods, is way detached from the main one, and it seemingly leads nowhere.
    Are you going to give us any specific examples of consistency issues or just throw out a general example that's impossible to disprove?

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Not gonna lie , the everyone dies scenario seems a pretty epic way out of the writing hole they dug themselves in with this faction war. Might aswell play BFA for it.
    I was kinda thinking the same thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Are you going to give us any specific examples of consistency issues or just throw out a general example that's impossible to disprove?
    they doing the same shit they did in mop and not realizing how dumb they look going for the full mistake again?

clearly example of how everyone was against Garrosh, when he was continuing the war the alliance started, complaining about his tatics but everyone is full ok with her starting one for no substancial reasons and being all right with meaningless genocide and other "pragmatic strategies".

Where is everyone from before? Fucking vol'jin was all bout rebellion and how Garrosh should not use mogu power but Sylvanus dabbling with the old gods, helya and fucking up the horde is nothing to him, he is condescended to some zandalari trolls and not his horde people