Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Sodapoppin is currently streaming.
    Clearly he was making a joke.

Ugh, this is the troll baitiest post ever. Those were the numbers directly on launch when literally all wow streamers and most variety streamers were playing it. It's never gonna happen again.

100k+ viewers on twitch is still a huge amount, usually only games like fortnite and LoL reaches those numbers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Here's WoW's place on Twitch a week ago:

Here's WoW's ranking now:

As you can see, the game has lost 1 million viewers in a week. As usual, Blizz spikes the game's playerbase, and then loses most of it. Something similar happened with WoD, which brought the game to 10 million subscribers, which they lost half of in a month. After that, they stopped reporting subscriber numbers, so we're left with Twitch to gauge the playerbase count.
    I think you are also cherry picking the time you get your screenshots. While I am certain the number of watchers (not that it EVEN matters at all) have dropped some, the time of day you choose to capture that data matters.

You watch a stream to see how people are reacting and dealing with the queue, also witness of the launch frustration and lags, then people get personally involved with the game and start playing..

Classic apologists refuse to see that the nostalgia is already wearing thin and people are leaving Classic in droves.

After that, they stopped reporting subscriber numbers, so we're left with Twitch to gauge the playerbase count.
    Come on now. You have to recognize what a ridiculous conflation of metrics that is. This isn't even about whether I think Classic is/want Classic to be succeeding or failing; that's just bad logic.

"LOOK AT THESE TWITCH NUMBERS THAT MEANS CLASSIC IS THE BEST AND RETAIL SUCKS"

"We shouldn't use twitch numbers to gauge interest."

I love this subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I think you are also cherry picking the time you get your screenshots. While I am certain the number of watchers (not that it EVEN matters at all) have dropped some, the time of day you choose to capture that data matters.
    I looked at the Twitch numbers for WoW regularly since Classic release (and let's be honest, current Twitch WoW viewership is 99% made of Classic streams) and it heavily depends on whether the big streamers are online (wild guess, I know). It varies roughly from 100k to 200-250k when Asmongold and Sodapoppin are online.

AOE farming dungeons spam in a 10 man raid group can only be "fun" to watch for so long. Not that pulling 1 mob then drinking/eating before pulling another is any more fun than that, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Anti-classic haters on day 1 : "bah, Twitch numbers are meaningless, OF COURSE they are high, it's just the new shit released"
    Anti-classic haters 2 weeks after : "ah, Twitch numbers fell, you see nobody care about Classic, it's boring and a failure !"

Stupidity is not something in short supply either way.
    Though at least, Classic fanboys have a logical reason to read and write on Classic forums, while the anti-Classic haters are just wasting their time on something they hate, so I guess the joke is on them.
    It's perfectly logic, since Classic is draining all the WoW ressorces so you can live your nostalgia for 3 weeks, it's not like it's another game like HS or Hots

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    low iq BFA players on day 1: WoW beat all Twitch record on Twitch, Twitch is irrelevant
    low iq BFA players 2 weeks after: classic is ded
    It's funny because your definition of low iq peopleare are living in the present
    .... while the retarded are always looking to relive the past

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Twitch numbers are relevant only when they fit someone's narrative.
    Finally someone is making sense in all this bullshit

So those who was previously watching are now playing the game

so we're left with Twitch to gauge the playerbase count.
    When will people stop using Twitch as a representative of subscription numbers?

And yet, the world still seems a lot mroe alive than any retail server I've been on the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Imagine thinking Twitch views reflect the population of a game at all lmao. Are you that dumb or maybe just desperate
    Last edited by Naytham; 2019-09-07 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    That's a good thing. It means people are playing rather than watching someone else play.
    Why would you not dual monitor in 2019?

But yea you keep telling yourselves whatever you want to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Except this happens with basically every new game being released? Twitch viewer numbers spike like crazy and then die down again.
    Business as usual here.

So what you are saying is that at launch there were 1 million classic players and now we're down to 100k?
    Twitch viewers has nothing to do with how many plays it, obviously.

Oh and look at Fortnite. It went from 90k to 45k viewers.
    They lost 50% of the viewers in a week! That game is totally dying now. You heard it first here - RIP Fortnite, it's dead. The trend is over.
    Well I mean I saw threads using the opposite as well. How how it having a large twitch viewership showed how classic was the greatest and will feed starving children.

Conveniently picking times for your argument? Check back at 8 pm est.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Why would you not dual monitor in 2019?
    Budget restrictions for me, so I decided to get a marginally better pc with 1 screen.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Except this happens with basically every new game being released? Twitch viewer numbers spike like crazy and then die down again.
    Business as usual here.

So what you are saying is that at launch there were 1 million classic players and now we're down to 100k?
    Twitch viewers has nothing to do with how many plays it, obviously.

Oh and look at Fortnite. It went from 90k to 45k viewers.
    They lost 50% of the viewers in a week! That game is totally dying now. You heard it first here - RIP Fortnite, it's dead. The trend is over.
    GTAV Too, 152k down to 25k lmao. Rip gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Ofc it does. For how long can you watch people pressing one button while doing quests... Also the que times are smaller.