Poll: What do you think next expansion is going to be?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Here's my crazy (maybe not crazy) take on 9.0 and beyond, cobbled together from my own thoughts and some ideas I've seen on these forums:

At the end of BfA, we lose. Alliance AND Horde lose.

N'zoth starts doing its thing, presumably waking up other old gods and working on the return of the black empire. Azeroth presumably doesn't get corrupted so players still have one victory to hold on to at the end of the expansion.

Pre-9.0 introduces a need for us to go to the shadowlands to seek help. Maybe because of some crazy scheme to get back fallen heroes; maybe a bunch of big names die at the end of BfA. One way or the other, there's a need to find a way to ally ourselves with the forces of death/undeath to defeat the old gods.

9.0 launches with primary content in the shadowlands. "Old world"/Azeroth is greatly diminished due to N'zoth's efforts, to the point that characters have less power than before (read: level squish). The Alliance and Horde finally stop fighting each other, too devastated from the conclusion of BfA to afford more war. The factions dissolve. Instead, players align their characters with a faction of Life or Death; both with the ultimate goal of defeating the old gods, but taking different approaches and following different philosophies. Rather than getting Garrosh'ed in BfA, Sylvanas becomes the defacto leader (or one of several leaders) of this Death faction.

9.0 does not introduce a new class, it introduces new specs to existing classes. A DK spec that's more of a caster like back in WC2. Dark Ranger spec for hunter. Etc.

10.0 is when we take the fight to N'zoth. Maybe the Dragon Isles gets involved here. Maybe Azeroth gets corrupted and set up for the 11.0 BBEG.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Or the fact blizz themselves have said that the maps in places like ulduar are incomplete
    Yes. Of course they are. Ulduar was in Wrath, and that was before Pandaria had a place on the map. That doesn't mean that there is another side to Azeroth.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinnie View Post
    Yes. Of course they are. Ulduar was in Wrath, and that was before Pandaria had a place on the map. That doesn't mean that there is another side to Azeroth.
    Doesn't mean there isn't. They made room for Pandaria, they made room for a much larger Broken Isles, they literally relocated Kul'tiras and tried to blame Deathwing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we'll ever see the Qirajji again. Went into AQ last night and faced off against things Blizzard never used since.

But I bet it'll be "Wrath of the Lich Queen" with Sylvannas as the final raid boss
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Doesn't mean there isn't. They made room for Pandaria, they made room for a much larger Broken Isles, they literally relocated Kul'tiras and tried to blame Deathwing.
    It's a dumb fan theory with zero evidence. It doesn't even say anything about any specific places. It just says there could be another side to Azeroth which is nothing other than saying there could be mystery content somewhere. That is no different than if Blizzard just invented a new island or continent and places it anywhere on the map. There doesn't need to be "another side to Azeroth". Blizzard can always just come up with any kind of new landmass and place it anywhere. The whole "other side of Azeroth" is nonsensical and pointless.

5+ Year Old Account
    I still think the Spider Kingdom concept by I think GoldenYak sounds amazing, but its going to be shadowlands with abit of dragon isle
    yeast

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnie View Post
    In the end does it matter at all if it's "the other side" or "the content further west that nobody has ever returned from"?

the burning crusade

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Not sure why everybody is so sure of a Shadowlands expansion, was there any clue in BfA about this? (honest question)
    Was there any clue of warlords of draenor extravaganza in MoP? The answer to both is "no, but nobody cared"

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Was there any clue of warlords of draenor extravaganza in MoP? The answer to both is "no, but nobody cared"
    yes, but "going back to an alternative timeline Draenor" was also never mentioned in these kinds of threads. a lot of people seem to be thinking the next expansion will be in the Shadowlands for some reason, I just don't get why
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Plus when asked about the equater like weather in the southern zones they said maybe

- - - Updated - - -

yes, but "going back to an alternative timeline Draenor" was also never mentioned in these kinds of threads. a lot of people seem to be thinking the next expansion will be in the Shadowlands for some reason, I just don't get why
    Because sylvanas and shadows lol

I blame people spreading crap about her being a 200 iq hero who's plan to defeat the old gods and the void is to kill everybody and go to a different plane away from the war

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever see the Qirajji again. Went into AQ last night and faced off against things Blizzard never used since.

But I bet it'll be "Wrath of the Lich Queen" with Sylvannas as the final raid boss
    They serve the old gods
    They are part of the black empire

N'zoth is back
    His empire will rise
    We will fight them again

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD actually was leaked few weeks before Blizzcon in a very similar manner and with same level of detalisation. That's why people assume it will happen again.
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2019-09-07 at 09:33 PM.

The next expansion will be The Burning Crusade - Classic.

I'm not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    The next expansion will be The Burning Crusade - Classic.

I'm not even kidding.
    TBC is not classic tho...

5+ Year Old Account
    Because death has a very strong theme in BfA. Especially if you play the Horde side. And the realm of death is the Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    The truth is that the expansion will be a bit of all of the above. Here are some things to keep in mind:

• The Shadowlands leak was fake, and this has been very obvious from the start. They even used the old classic poor angle camera shot of a PowerPoint slide with a faked logo. Come on. That type of leak is a meme and an inside joke at this point. Besides, we know that the Shadowlands is an ethereal spirit-realm much like the Emerald Dream. You are there when you corpse-run. It's not a physical continent somewhere waiting to be discovered. Remember how the Emerald Nightmare raid featured various locations from the Emerald Dream/Nightmare? Notice how all of those places were real locations on Azeroth, but as a nightmare manifestation inside the dream. Thunder Bluff for example. That's exactly what visiting the Shadowlands is like. You are at Thunder Bluff, or in Ashenvale, or in Vashj'ir. It's just a spiritual version of it, where the dead are. You don't go to a different place, such as a continent of the dead hidden somewhere below ground or whatever. So forget about that leak once and for all.
    • The Dragon Isles will most likely play a part. We will need a character progression system in the next expansion, and since the Dragon Aspects were once empowered by the Titans to protect Azeroth (primarily from the Old Gods), it makes perfect sense that in our hour of desperation, we'd seek out these mysterious islands to empower ourselves, perhaps accompanied by the Aspects.
    • The Old Gods might return in the next expansion, although it's not a hundred percent certain yet. Blizzard could go in a direction where they acknowledge that N'Zoth is free and is probably building an army in the background, but won't launch his attack yet for a couple of years. Perhaps his first aim is to free (or kill) his surviving brothers Yogg-Saron and C'thun. Blizzard could also go in the expected direction and simply have N'Zoth attack in Patch 8.3 or 9.0, which could possibly involve ultimate defeat for the players and maybe some type of world-altering event akin to the Shattering. For example, Azeroth could be covered in darkness as the Black Empire is rebuilt from the ashes.
    • It looks increasingly likely that Sylvanas will continue to play a big part. However this does not in any way mean that the Shadowlands leak is real. Like I said, bits and pieces of all the rumours flying around are likely to materialise and one obvious plot thread we have going on concerns Sylvanas and her dealings with death, seeking to avoid her own eternal damnation. I have long suggested that one of Il'gynoth's whispers refers to her. The one about "upon her third death, she will usher in our coming". A lot of people say she's already died thrice, which is correct in one interpretation of events. However, as we all know, there is heavy symbolism around the concept of being raised as an undead for the Forsaken. When players begin a new character, the are reborn into undeath, suggesting that they are in nearly every sense of the word new people with new personalities, stories, and destinies once they take that step out of the crypt. It's fair to assume that it's similar for Sylvanas. The High Elf died that day in Quel'Thalas, at the hands of Arthas Menethil. But then Sylvanas the Banshee-Queen was born and began her life in undeath. Since then, Sylvanas has died twice. Once in Icecrown and once in Lordaeron. Furthermore, a major part of her story (if not the quintessential part of her story) concerns her pursuit of eternal life and avoiding damnation in the abyss, which she glimpses in Icecrown. That's why she has her Val'kyr, and that's why she has spent these last several expansions working towards a solution. Notice how we slew one of her Val'kyr during the Battle for Darkshore. That means she has 3 left, which supposedly is enough for one final resurrection. After that she is done, exposed to the abyss. What lengths will she go to in order to stay alive? Would she... swap allegiances, and unleash an Old God by killing herself? Or will she perhaps become an unwilling sacrifice at the hands of Anduin, who could be under the influence of the Void according to Il'gynoth. What if Sylvanas, Champion of Death, is the final barrier preventing the Old Gods from taking over Azeroth... and we kill her.
    • In connection to both Sylvanas and Old God lore, Odyn will also play a role alongside the other Keepers. He was once against the empowerment of the Dragon Aspects by the Titans, so perhaps he would also take issue with them in turn empowering the mortal heroes of Azeroth with the same powers. Also, he was once visited by a Shadowy figure from the Shadowlands, very much like the depiction of N'Zoth in the recent Eternal Palace cinematics. He gave up one of his eyes to this creature in return for the ability to peer into the Shadowlands. What if this 'gift' has somehow corrupted him over the years? Last we heard, he was headed to Ulduar to join the other four Keepers there. I'lgynoth said the Lord of Ravens will be the one to turn the key. So what if Odyn betrays his fellow Keepers and unleashes Yogg-Saron?
    • I am of the opinion that a major shake-up of Azeroth in the form of a world revamp is in the works. Blizzard has been subtly using Battle for Azeroth to introduce new classic art assets into the game. From the updated Silithus, Arathi Highlands and Darkshore, to all the zones of Zandalar and Kul Tiras which have assets easily applicable to places like Stranglethorn, Tanaris, Dun Morough, etc. Let's not forget Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin, two old battlegrounds which recieved all new assets seemingly out of nowhere. That's Ashenvale and the Barrens covered as well.
    I can almost guarantee you the shadowlands is not what you think it is. I dont think the leak is real (however i do think that picture of the cinematic is, and maybe the slideshow thing, but not sure about that) We do know a decent amount about it, enough to know that it is a "separate continent" in your words. Again im with you that the leak is bullshit, but I do think Shadowlands is where we are heading, again you nailed it on the head with dragon isle imo. I think its both
    yeast

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands for sure. They will at least play some part.

5+ Year Old Account
    A dragon expansion sounds way better than some Sylvanas fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    I can almost guarantee you the shadowlands is not what you think it is. I dont think the leak is real (however i do think that picture of the cinematic is, and maybe the slideshow thing, but not sure about that) We do know a decent amount about it, enough to know that it is a "separate continent" in your words. Again im with you that the leak is bullshit, but I do think Shadowlands is where we are heading, again you nailed it on the head with dragon isle imo. I think its both
    The only official interpretation of Shadowlands is it's the place you're at when you're a ghost in WoW according to Chronicle.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I Want: Other Side of Azeroth with new races/classes/concepts we've never seen before.

What I'll Get: Dragon Isles.