Thread: The UFC Thread

Well. It feels like DC tired himself out a bit too much going to aggressive from the start (even though it's amazing Stipe survived), and Stipe happened to get a flurry that DC couldn't defend against.

I like them both so I'm fine with this, but... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Miocic back on top of the mountain, had to endure a shit kicking though to get there.

DC is done, you can see the cogs in his head thinking about retiring, the guy is 40, reacted the pinnacle of the sport and didn't do himself a disservice in that fight, best time to go out.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I heard about the Brock fight is not happening, but man if that fight can be DC last retirement fight would be entertaining, also draws $ for UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    I heard about the Brock fight is not happening, but man if that fight can be DC last retirement fight would be entertaining, also draws $ for UFC.
    At this point, I think Stipe/DC has to happen again before Brock/DC can(Brock is unpredictable but he genuinely seems done with MMA so there is always that too). And I don’t think DC has two more fights in him. Which is all a shame because both those fights are money(another fight with Bones would do gangbusters too but DC doesn’t want those problems again).

Tonight really delivered to my expectations. Yoel is just so much watch to watch fight. Close as it was, I still had him winning. Those last two rounds were all him. Nate Diaz is just a machine. I expected more from Pettis but man, Nate hasn’t missed a beat.

The main event was frustrating. I’m by no means a DC fan, so for Stipe to give him so much for as long as he did was driving me nuts. Glad he finally turned it on and took care of business.

Wow Zhang Weili is the hero, she becomes the first-ever Chinese mainland UFC champion, I am proud of her.

I didn't even realize they were doing a championship fight in non PPV UFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I didn't even realize they were doing a championship fight in non PPV UFC.
    Nor did I till I saw the result. Amazed they put that on free.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Khabib or Dustin?

Khabib. The fight is going to be early so thatll be nice for a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, these ufc commentators and portuguese names....

Is it me or is that stadium quite small?
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2019-09-07 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few good hits by Islam.

I only tuned in when the main card was in, but it's been kinda meh.´

Edson v Felder first round was good. Felder's pressure might land him the 1st, but I felt like Edson landed more punches.

Seems like Felder has some weird advances in trying to lend some elbows.

Not sure about Felder's win. Lot of those strikes were single jabs, a few of which got countered. Think it was about the pressure
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2019-09-07 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised we got past the first round considering how Khabib was up against the cage.

This second is better from Poirier. He has to keep striking.

Edit: Welp never mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone is going to have to one punch Khabib if they ever plan to take him out, soon as he gets you, that's pretty much the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I'm kinda surprised Khabib didn't manage the rear naked choke earlier. Poirier had his neck open several times and just before Khabib got it in the 3rd, Poirier had his neck completely open. I was like: what are you doing dude?

Props to Dustin though for giving Khabib fans a few moments of panic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had Poirier got that guillotine in the 1st when he wasn't already worn out, it could have been a different story.

By the time the opening happened, he was dead on his feet. Khabib just broke it like it was nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    My amateur eye can't help to notice that the absence of a cage would severely cripple Khabib's odds. His sambo seems to work as long as there's a sturdy obstacle agaisnt to work his opponent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    My amateur eye can't help to notice that the absence of a cage would severely cripple Khabib's odds. His sambo seems to work as long as there's a sturdy obstacle agaisnt to work his opponent.
    ya they should just go fight on a football field or something

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    ya they should just go fight on a football field or something

/s
    That's not what I was saying, now was it?

Dustin had like 2 opportunities to go all-in at Khabib. First is the right hand that hit Khabib, if he managed to do more hard combinations he could take Khabib down, but Dustin punches missed a lot and then Khabib did a counter punch. The second one was the choke, I think Khabib found the counters to that choke by use the hand to get the arm away. I heared about Khabib was trying to make Dustin waste all his energy to use that choke, if you watch the post fight conference Khabib explained about that.

I think Michael Johnson and the real estate agent guy did more to Khabib lol, I mean the real estate agent actually lasted 5 rounds.

Meh I had to go to a different bar to watch this fight, the other bar close to my home doesn't host UFC anymore, today this bar was like 7 wings for $15 ...
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2019-09-08 at 07:34 AM.

Khabib is just too good. The only guy that has a chance at the moment is probably Tony Ferguson. He's an unpredictable striker with crazy heart so if anyone stands a chance...it should be him.

Evidently Tyson Fury is fighting tonight. But I woke up early tonight and didn't take a nap so idk if I want to stay awake...