Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Hey now let's not go back too far.

We forget "Massa, Alonso is faster than you." when Alonso couldn't win a championship.
    That's not even the worst one involving Alonso, his time at Renault where they told Piquet to deliberately crash so he could win under the safety car was the most egregious.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That's not even the worst one involving Alonso, his time at Renault where they told Piquet to deliberately crash so he could win under the safety car was the most egregious.
    I actually forgot all about that

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolute horrific crash during the Formula 2 at Spa, one car spins out only to get hit straight in the side by another at full speed.

Race cancelled, hoping for the best but expecting awful news.

- - - Updated - - -

The FIA just announced Antoine Hubert, 2018's GP3 champion, died as a result of injuries sustained in the crash. He was 22.

The other driver in the crash, Juan Manuel Correa is reported to be in a stable condition in hospital.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely horrific impact. Jesus. RIP, Anthoine.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

How is it on a track Ferrari are clearly miles quicker than anyone else that Vettel is currently set for 4th place? And if he hadn't held Lewis up for a few laps then Lecler would be at risk, makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    How is it on a track Ferrari are clearly miles quicker than anyone else that Vettel is currently set for 4th place? And if he hadn't held Lewis up for a few laps then Lecler would be at risk, makes no sense.
    Ferrari had the speed but they weren't good enough to their tyres to make it work for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somber race day. Stoked for Leclerc (finally), but gutted for Norris. Decent result for Albon, I guess. Curious to know what's up with Ferrari's pace.

Still not a fan of Sky. I miss a rambling David Hobbs sounding like he was sucking spit through dentures.

I wonder what's going to happen to Hulkenberg next season. WEC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I wonder what's going to happen to Hulkenberg next season. WEC?
    Second Haas driver haven't been confirmed yet, so It might be so that he replaces Grosjean.

Steiner have said that he have looked at 3 drivers, Grosjean, Ocon and Hulkenberg. now that Ocon goes to Renault, it's either of those two for 2020.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2019-09-01 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Second Haas driver haven't been confirmed yet, so It might be so that he replaces Grosjean.

Steiner have said that he have looked at 3 drivers, Grosjean, Ocon and Hulkenberg. now that Ocon goes to Renault, it's either of those two for 2020.
    Almost forgot about that, thanks! Aw, but it'd be a Haas.

fakeedit: Albon finished 5th? I thought it was 6th after Norris retired. Not bad at all!

Well that was pretty shit way to end the session, makes you wonder why they all decided to risk it on a few seconds. Albon not even getting a time, you'd think Red Bull would be slightly smarter.

Wtf was this last lap?

And what could happen in this investigation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well that was pretty shit way to end the session, makes you wonder why they all decided to risk it on a few seconds. Albon not even getting a time, you'd think Red Bull would be slightly smarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Wtf was this last lap?

And what could happen in this investigation?
    The issue is Monza start/finish straight, last few seconds the grip is at the most optimal condition. Plus also being the first one over the line to start the flying lap is essentially suicide for the lap time. You might as well just stay in the pit lane and conserve your tires it's that bad. The slip stream alone down that straight can take off over a second from your lap time. When Monza is the quickest track with one of the shortest times (Quali was 1:19.3 for LeClerk I think only 2 other tracks have shorter times, Monaco and one other) that one second is huge. I mean it's huge on any other track but here it's even more.

So the track conditions to get the best time was you needed to cross basically the line to start your flying lap 1-2 seconds before the chequered flag and also use others for a tow down the main straight. To do anything else meant that you had no point being out there. It was a gamble that didn't pay off.

The issue is Monza start/finish straight, last few seconds the grip is at the most optimal condition. Plus also being the first one over the line to start the flying lap is essentially suicide for the lap time. You might as well just stay in the pit lane and conserve your tires it's that bad. The slip stream alone down that straight can take off over a second from your lap time. When Monza is the quickest track with one of the shortest times (Quali was 1:19.3 for LeClerk I think only 2 other tracks have shorter times, Monaco and one other) that one second is huge. I mean it's huge on any other track but here it's even more.

So the track conditions to get the best time was you needed to cross basically the line to start your flying lap 1-2 seconds before the chequered flag and also use others for a tow down the main straight. To do anything else meant that you had no point being out there. It was a gamble that didn't pay off.
    Brazil interlagos is around 1:14

Brazil interlagos is around 1:14
    Just imagine being me not knowing the average pole time on your favourite track x.x (Honestly thought it was a 1:20)

10+ Year Old Account
    Caught a replay of the F3 crash. Holy fucking shit. Way too soon after Spa to see something like that. Glad Perini's OK.

Just imagine being me not knowing the average pole time on your favourite track x.x (Honestly thought it was a 1:20)

Actually way less.

Actually way less.
    kick me while i'm down :P

kick me while i'm down :P
    I didnt remembered that last year race

I was in mind with juan pablo montoya pole record that was beaten last year (and it was was 1:14 and something in 2004)

I didnt remembered that last year race

I was in mind with juan pablo montoya pole record that was beaten last year (and it was was 1:14 and something in 2004)
    I honestly hate track records that last more than say 5 years. Tracks and cars change way too much that each era really needs its own record. I mean it's nice to know but today's car is nothing like Montoya era.