Poll: What was your favorite movie this summer?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up What was your favorite movie this summer? (2019)

With Labor Day now in the rear view mirror, the summer of 2019 has come and gone. What was your favorite movie this summer? Sound off in the comments below.

I'm sorry, but nothing here is going to beat Endgame for me. The "Avengers Assemble" scene was probably the greatest thing I've ever seen in cinematic history.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

But this comes from somebody that is done with the comicbook/super heroes movie overload we get every year.
    Best summer entertainment came for me from tv series this year rather then movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I'm sorry, but nothing here is going to beat Endgame for me. The "Avengers Assemble" scene was probably the greatest thing I've ever seen in cinematic history.
    Better than Charge of the Rohirrim?

John Wick.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Endgame. Reasonably satisfying end to all that build up over the years. Cap + Mjolnir helped it barely edge out John Wick.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

But this comes from somebody that is done with the comicbook/super heroes movie overload we get every year.
    Best summer entertainment came for me from tv series this year rather then movies.
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for sure. And I am someone who still enjoys comic book movies quite a bit. You just cannot beat Tarantino when he is at the top of his game.

What TV series would you say have been the best this summer?

Endgame, because that's Americas ass!

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood > Wick > Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yes, even better than that.

The only movie I was interested in this summer was Godzilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    John Wick 3 for me. I'm a huge Keanu fan and of John Wick so I had the most fun seeing that. The action scenes were just top fucking notch. They did such an awesome job.

Avengers Endgame was cool too but I was never that into the whole Avengers thing as a lot of other people were. Spider-Man is really the only Marvel character that I passionately follow. I also wasn't that much of a fan of the whole time travel thing as I thought it was a cheap way to solve their problem.

Toy Story 4 I'd have to say was my second favorite movie of the summer. Even though I went to see it by myself I loved it. Toy Story has been a huge part of my childhood and to this day I still love Toy Story as much as I did when I was little. I even wore my Pizza Planet shirt when I went to go see it.

Pokemon Detective Pikachu was surprisingly good. Although I wish they would've made it less about detective stuff and more about Pokemon battles because the scenes with the Pokemon fighting each other were fucking awesome. Probably my 3rd favorite movie of the summer.

As much as I enjoyed Endgame, I am at heart a true lover of action movies, especially well choreographed, clearly shot action movies. So John Wick takes it.

15+ Year Old Account
    loved Endgame but IT Chapter 2 edged out my number 1 spot
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Sadly I only managed to see 3 movies in theaters. Midsommar, Spiderman and Endgame. I guess my favorite was Endgame but I don't think it was as good as Infinity Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    What TV series would you say have been the best this summer?
    For me its Stranger Things S3 hands down but Dark Crystal is also totally amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    loved Endgame but IT Chapter 2 edged out my number 1 spot
    Really? I put off seeing it because people said it was bad compared to part 1. Is it worth seeing in theaters?

15+ Year Old Account
    Endgame was a very satisifying movie because it wrapped up so much that the other films in the MCU started but I enjoyed Spiderman much more because Tom Holland is so fuckin hot. That spidey-ass got my Peter tingle tingling ;-)

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood & Midsommar, and it’s honestly slightly upsetting that neither was a selectable option (Brightburn, really?), but I guess that’s just where we are. Loved both Marvel movies though, haven’t got to the rest of that, but I will see most of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Sadly I only managed to see 3 movies in theaters. Midsommar, Spiderman and Endgame. I guess my favorite was Endgame but I don't think it was as good as Infinity Wars.

For me its Stranger Things S3 hands down but Dark Crystal is also totally amazing.

Really? I put off seeing it because people said it was bad compared to part 1. Is it worth seeing in theaters?
    im going back to see it again tomorrow i personally loved it there are some parts where it drags a little but tbh i feel like people bitching about stuff are being entirely too nit picky
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Not trying to be edgy but the movie that surprised me the most with its quality was I am Mother. I love well written movies that have high production values with little to criticize. Movies like this raise the bar.

Well, its obviously Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. No-one else in Hollywood really tries anymore.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.