Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...Check my OP (very first post in this thread). That was one of the scenarios I mentioned.

The liklihood of Kael'Thas having a bastard would depend on when and where we're talking about. If it was before he went to Dalaran to study then yeah I'd say the chances are pretty high he could have had kids, likely with another Sindorei on that note. It's unlikely he made time while he was in Dalaran since his only implied love interest--Jaina--wasn't interested and was also an unofficial rival student of his, too. It's unlikely it was immediately after the Scourge invasion since we know what he was doing from then until he went to Outland. That would be the most likely time Kael'Thas could have had to get someone--likely another Sindorei pregnant with his child and him not knowing about it before he died and was Fel Rezzed. By the time Silvermoon branded him a traitor, anyone who happened to have his child or was pregnant with his child would have likely gone into hiding.

Agewise, a child born after the Scourge Invasion would be 12 to 14 years old now. If they were born before the Third War, they could be of age now though. As you said though, their father's identity could be kept a closely guarded secret off the bat to protect their lives. Usually something to the effect "Your father died before you were born" or "He died when you were a baby." Kael'Thas was a Mage of considerable skill even before he went to Dalaran. Any kids of his would have a strong magical affinity to say the least.
    Sorry, I read your pops days ago when I first commented on the thread advocating for his resurrection. The illegitimate child angle just came to me and I commented again and it didn't even cross my mind it was part of a possible story in your OP too. It's a good idea overall, especially if the child is 12-14 because a grief-stricken Kael having to fall into the arms of a blood elf during the grieving period after Scourge killed 90% of their population just adds to the drama of it all.

Child is a predictable twist - so knowing blizzard's bad writing - they'll do it if they ever tackle Kael's story back again.
    Predictable is bad, but sometimes unpredictable can be bad as well so...their gamble.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    Shouldn't the Convocation of Silvermoon make a comeback in absence of a royal house?
    In theory, yes, but I'm sure "it isn't part of the story we want to tell"™.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

They lost their chance with Legion IMO.

They should have made it the final chapter of either the mage campaign or the mount questline. Have the mages discover that the real Kael'thas was taken prisoner by the Legion and they just morphed one of his lieutenants to look and sound like him. Having Kael come back and his culture shock at how much of the world has changed would have been a very interesting story to pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Probably Vereesa since Alleria is sort of banned from Silvermoon now. Vereesa does have two sons, too.
    Vereesa is banned aswell. She can only crown herself as queen of the high elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    Shouldn't the Convocation of Silvermoon make a comeback in absence of a royal house?
    It should. Especially as they characterise Lor'themar as someone who doesn't want to rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rydix View Post
    Child is a predictable twist - so knowing blizzard's bad writing - they'll do it if they ever tackle Kael's story back again.
    Predictable is bad, but sometimes unpredictable can be bad as well so...their gamble.
    They can always state that Kael is a demon so he is alive now. Just say that he reincarnated before Legion and deserted. Feels less forced that void Alleria or Muradin's survival.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    They lost their chance with Legion IMO.

They should have made it the final chapter of either the mage campaign or the mount questline. Have the mages discover that the real Kael'thas was taken prisoner by the Legion and they just morphed one of his lieutenants to look and sound like him. Having Kael come back and his culture shock at how much of the world has changed would have been a very interesting story to pursue.
    Problem: Kael'Thas was killed in Tempest Keep. He gets rezzed by the Legion shortly afterward and is buried on Quel'Danas after he's killed again. If a double was used in Magister's Terrace, the illusion would be dispelled when he died and we see no or hear of such thing. So...yeah. Kael'Thas is definitely dead and Blizz knows they can't pull an Illidan with him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

They can always state that Kael is a demon so he is alive now. Just say that he reincarnated before Legion and deserted.
    If Kael was turned into a Demon after he was killed in TK, don't you think he would've gone full power in Magister's Terrace? That Fel Crystal in his chest boosted his powers yes but if he was turned into a demon, he'd have been far, far more powerful given a raid group fights him in TK but a 5-man fights him in Magister's Terrace.

That aside, one does not simply desert The Legion. Look how far Kil'Jaeden was willing to go at Velen and The Draenei just refusing to join up with The Legion. The Legion is merciless to traitors even if the betrayal is forced. LOL.
    Last edited by Aurabolt; 2019-09-08 at 03:25 PM.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Eldin sunstrider WCIII
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2019-09-08 at 03:55 PM.

Problem: Kael'Thas was killed in Tempest Keep. He gets rezzed by the Legion shortly afterward and is buried on Quel'Danas after he's killed again. If a double was used in Magister's Terrace, the illusion would be dispelled when he died and we see no or hear of such thing. So...yeah. Kael'Thas is definitely dead and Blizz knows they can't pull an Illidan with him lol.
    It's not a problem, it's an excuse. Just a page before I wrote workarounds about same things you emphasized in your post - and it's not a lot of imagination though. If they had better writers, story could be certainly handled better than in my idea.
    Long story short: DHs discovered some new, secret knowledge of Legion which they used to make - not illusion - but rather some type of a clone which Legion corrupted and we killed in Tempest Keep, bla bla...and in questchain we would uncover true fate of real Kael who could've been imprisoned or something else even. Just one page before : https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51570839

Story is far more salvageable than Illidan's because Kael's turn took one moment (or short amount of time at least) - whereas Illidan was throughout his whole existence about grabbing more power and they just added a footnote at the end of his story that it was all about higher purpose. Like really LOL. His end in BC wasn't actually that shocking compared to Kael's - mainly because Illidan was known to be shady, shifty, gray zone character etc. and Kael had noble purpose - ensuring a future for his people. Say what you will but that's reality.

And to repeat it again: isn't Kil'Jaeden the Deceiver? Wouldn't that be a heck of deceit? And what we got from him so far? Kindergarten plays.

It's not completely unheard of. After all, Lei Shen used flesh shaping magic to completely transform various races into new ones, I wouldn't be surprised if the Legion had similar magics. Especially since they have shaped seemingly thousands of races and worlds after being conquered. If it was a permanent physical change than it couldn't be undone even at his death.

Are you telling me that Kael'thas was in Outland all that time and he never once made a visit to Illidan's blood elf whore house? I don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    It's not completely unheard of. After all, Lei Shen used flesh shaping magic to completely transform various races into new ones, I wouldn't be surprised if the Legion had similar magics. Especially since they have shaped seemingly thousands of races and worlds after being conquered. If it was a permanent physical change than it couldn't be undone even at his death.
    Remember that Sargeras was a titan. He could create races out of nothing.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I mean why not.

1.) Blood Elves would get back to their BC characterization
    2.) Alliance would finaly fuck up
    3.) We get to kill Alleria
    Agree on 1 and 2, but killing Alleria would be pointless and a narrative waste (which I'm thinking it's just because you don't like her) It would be far more interesting to either see her as an agent of the Void or a subversion of what we think the Void is, cause ultimately having a racial leader linked to the Void just has too much motential to just kill her off -at least so soon-

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Agree on 1 and 2, but killing Alleria would be pointless and a narrative waste (which I'm thinking it's just because you don't like her) It would be far more interesting to either see her as an agent of the Void or a subversion of what we think the Void is, cause ultimately having a racial leader linked to the Void just has too much motential to just kill her off -at least so soon-
    Only potential Alleria has is either her survival neutering the void or her corruption enforcing it as a force to be reckoned with.

I think she can be used to give Horde casus belli.

Fully agreed. She is very clearly not going to die. That's simply not the direction Blizzard planned for her, especially now that we know she is not the object of the "hour of the third death" prophecy (it's Azshara).

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Only potential Alleria has is either her survival neutering the void or her corruption enforcing it as a force to be reckoned with.
    Well saying "neutering" the void already shows a clear bias of your expectations so IDK, feels you have already made your mind about many things, which I feel is counter-productive. Power is Power and I feel there's too much personification of cosmic forces in WoW and how the audience sees it, particularly the Light and Void.

So IMO I'm for an exploration of the void as something more primal and less sentient than whispering old gods with an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think she can be used to give Horde casus belli.
    Because every Alliance -or even just story- plot point has to be in service of the Horde, all the eyeroll emojis dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Fully agreed. She is very clearly not going to die. That's simply not the direction Blizzard planned for her, especially now that we know she is not the object of the "hour of the third death" prophecy (it's Azshara).
    Agree, but I'd never say never with Blizz cause, you know. It's Blizz.

Because every Alliance -or even just story- plot point has to be in service of the Horde, all the eyeroll emojis dude.
    That's how it works. Alliance creates story for the Horde and Horde creates story for the Alliance.