WoW Classic Free Character Moves Live - Update 5:00 p.m. PDT - September 5

WoW Classic Free Character Moves - Update 5:00 p.m. PDT - September 5
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We have enabled free character moves for select realms to offer you a way to move your characters from the most high-population realms that have extended queues. In this region, player-characters at any level can now move:

From -> To
    • Arugal -> Felstriker
    • Faerlina -> Heartseeker (new realm)
    • Stalagg -> Heartseeker (new realm)
    • Herod -> Earthfury (new realm)
    • Skeram -> Earthfury (new realm)
    • Incendius -> Netherwind
    • Thalnos -> Netherwind
    • Fairbanks -> Arcanite Reaper (new realm)
    • Whitemane -> Arcanite Reaper (new realm)
    • Bigglesworth -> Anathema
    • Pagle -> Windseeker
    • Grobbulus -> Deviate Delight

On the realms above, free character moves can be initialized from either the character select screen or the queue screen.

We expect these free character moves to remain open for the realms above through this coming weekend. Please note that restrictions apply:

• A character cannot move if the character:
      • is a guild leader.
      • has active auction listings or bids.
      • has mail.
    • You may be required to change your character’s name once you’ve reached the destination realm.
    • You cannot move a character to a PvP realm where you already have a character belonging to the opposing faction.
    • This is a one-way, irreversible move. Blizzard Customer Support cannot monitor or modify a free character move.

During periods of high usage, free character moves may take up to several hours to complete. This service may be closed at any time, without warning, should a destination realm become full. We strongly encourage players who wish to use this service, especially in coordinated groups, to do so as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Classic living up to the original. I remember the free character moves back then

Any news for similar offer for EU servers? Seems like my pvp server which was balanced at start starts showing heavy faction imbalance (Horde outnumbers Alliance in every contested zone quite a bit) that will only go worse as players reroll horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Any news for similar offer for EU servers? Seems like my pvp server which was balanced at start starts showing heavy faction imbalance (Horde outnumbers Alliance in every contested zone quite a bit) that will only go worse as players reroll horde.
    EU also has character moves, just don't count on MMO-C to care to post them:
    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ealms-eu/81745

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how MMM-C now suddenly only posts US realm newsposts

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I like how MMM-C now suddenly only posts US realm newsposts
    battle.net forums are a likely better hangout. The community is 600% less toxic over there, and way more informed!

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    battle.net forums are a likely better hangout. The community is 600% less toxic over there, and way more informed!
    Damn that's way less!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    We get that there's going to be a lot of classic news like this, still don't see why it deserves to be put on the frontpage.

Is there a specific reason why you decide to completely ignore EU servers these days?

No thanks I don't move to a dead server .

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Is there a specific reason why you decide to completely ignore EU servers these days?
    There seems to be free character migrations from the high pop EU servers that almost always have queue - just not any news about it.

Guys the world is a lot bigger than America, be nice if you posted the comments from there too......

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Classic living up to the original. I remember the free character moves back then
    They had them in BC and Wrath as well. They are a trap for those that take them though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Exavie View Post
    There seems to be free character migrations from the high pop EU servers that almost always have queue - just not any news about it.
    Exactly my point. Why do MMO-Champion decide that the EU isn't worth being reported about? It's not like everyone on these forums is from the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Exactly my point. Why do MMO-Champion decide that the EU isn't worth being reported about? It's not like everyone on these forums is from the US.
    their blue tracker doesn't even show the blue posts about it. pretty weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Why would any core individual ever spend two weeks in 6 hour queues to be on a god server like Herod, to get cucked into joining a legit DEAD server.. this is an early april fools joke, or are people foolish enough to change servers and lose out on what will be one of the best servers once classic dies in 3 months? Feel free to @Me @Blizzard @Activision , I’ll be over on Herod living the classic dream as a retail fanbwoy

so what they're saying is you can do the following exploit.

Transfer Character-Name1 from Realm A to Realm B[the set up name in this exploit]
    Create New Character-Name1 again on Realm A
    Repeat first step and get the message to rename you toon to what you hopefully was faster this time around to do.

Enjoy your reserved name on the new server before the servers open to the public to create them.

Ahh, sorry - my bad.
    Well yeah, I agree with you. It's really odd that EU servers are left out of the news.