Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well, look at it this way. If there is classic for the classic crowd, they can move further away with retail. No point in keeping two similar games. This is their chance to maintain two different kinds of MMORPG-s. They will play the same sub after all.
    Indeed, Classic players who like it so much they want to keep playing will keep playing Classic, but won't touch Retail even if it becomes "closer to Classic". Those that don't prefer Classic want a Retail that's not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Actually, activision blizzard makes more money with MT than ever before. 2017 they made $4.1bn
    Activision Blizzard, sure. But not Blizzard themselves. And definitely not WoW. Overwatch, Hearthstone and HotS live off lootboxes, card packs etc., sure, but the subs themselves will always top any mount&pet purchases overall.

Actually, activision blizzard makes more money with MT than ever before. 2017 they made $4.1bn
    You do realise that ATVI has a lot of games besides WoW and a lot of them work pretty much on MTs alone (like HS and HOTS for example). This number does not say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    From my vague recollection the Worgen knight thing was from a leak where the poster claimed that the Worgen heritage armor would be knight inspired, and it would have 2 different version based on which form you were in. Normal looking knight for Human form and torn up and horror inspired for Worgen. (Might be some errors in my memory though.)
    Thanks for the answer.
    I think Worgen heritage armor will be like Genns armor

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    You do realise that ATVI has a lot of games besides WoW and a lot of them work pretty much on MTs alone (like HS and HOTS for example). This number does not say anything.
    It says a lot. It also says that if blizzard wants to monetize classic, they have to include its players into retail.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

It says a lot. It also says that if blizzard wants to monetize classic, they have to include its players into retail.
    It works for both games; more people who get bored of one are going to stay subbed because they can try the other.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

No it doesn't. It all comes down to an equation:

<classic-loving subs> * <classic ARPU> + <retail-loving subs> * <retail ARPU> = revenue

And decision to make retail more like vanilla will make some numbers go up, while other go down. And we can only guess by how much. It actually is a topic for a large marketing research. And without numbers our further discussion is pointless.
    Lets agree to the fact that decision to make retail more vanilla like has (financial) downsides and is not as clear-cut as some people make it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Thanks for the answer.
    I think Worgen heritage armor will be like Genns armor
    Speaking about which. You think Genn will ever get decent weapons models? He looks pretty cool now, but his gun and sword both look super average. I'm not saying everyone needs to weild something like the Ashbringer or Doomhammer, but still. He is one of the central Alliance leaders for the past few expansions. He needs better loot.

Speaking about which. You think Genn will ever get decent weapons models? He looks pretty cool now, but his gun and sword both look super average. I'm not saying everyone needs to weild something like the Ashbringer or Doomhammer, but still. He is one of the central Alliance leaders for the past few expansions. He needs better loot.
    He should wear those claws that drop from mobs in Blackwing Descent.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    He should wear those claws that drop from mobs in Blackwing Descent.
    Or just respec into the first worgen monk and use his own claws. Well he does have a lot of anger. He could use some meditation lessons.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, this popped on 4chan and it looks legit, and it's also pretty high quality
    http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/477315003

True, but look at the story hooks! Old Gods, Dragons and Death. That's all we have now really.
    Something can always come out of thin air like Pandaria and WoD... and to a certain extent, cataclysm. I'd argue that it'd be best to explore a new land with new lore before completely exhausting what we have, as it can alleviate a bit the shock to those who cry whenever new lore is introduced.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's so poorly done, I can see how the words on the title are copy pasted on the logo.
    for a leak it's pretty damn good, it has a unique frame and expansion title font and if this is real i don't think the logo would already be 100% finished two months before the announcement.
    if its fake the leaker put a lot of effort in this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    for a leak it's pretty damn good, it has a unique frame and expansion title font and if this is real i don't think the logo would already be 100% finished two months before the announcement.
    if its fake the leaker put a lot of effort in this.
    Its literally just the generic wow logo but in black.

And its a bloody logo, there are no "unfinished" logos.
    Any artists can make one in very few hours.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Its literally just the generic wow logo but in black.

And its a bloody logo, there are no "unfinished" logos.
    Any artists can make one in very few hours.
    it looks pretty generic for an expansion yeah, but there are some unique details on this one, but i think they can be easly be photoshopped

Holy shit, this popped on 4chan and it looks legit, and it's also pretty high quality
    http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/477315003
    Haven't we seen this one a few days ago? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but im pretty sure i remember being triggered by the way the expansion name is written.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Haven't we seen this one a few days ago? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but im pretty sure i remember being triggered by the way the expansion name is written.
    Also remember something like that.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Also remember something like that.
    Oh yeah, a couple of weeks ago, it was that ugly "age of ascension" thing from 4chan i think
    similar names hmm...
    but at least this one looks much better

10+ Year Old Account
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Quote Originally Posted by Abitou View Post
    No, fuck rogues tbh
    You did have a decent rogue experience. It's called Classic. That's when the class peaked.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, a couple of weeks ago, it was that ugly "age of ascension" thing from 4chan i think
    similar names hmm...
    but at least this one looks much better

Still not convinced it could be legit. Leaks this season are too specific and sound like wishlists. And already have logos. Now a leak that would send us to the moon, have a few vague points and no title......now that would be mildly believable.

Now a leak that would send us to the moon, have a few vague points and no title......now that would be mildly believable.
    Fly me to the moons
    Let me play among the stars
    Let me see what loot is like on
    White Lady and the Child
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-09-09 at 06:29 PM. Reason: s