Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't believe in there is going to be as much of a drop of as people are expecting. Sure some initially the people who just wanted to give it a try, but I like to compare classic to osrs release and I hope for the same result with classic taking over. MMO's have got to easy and fast compared to what they used to be. I understand some people need the fast aspect in some cases, But people should also have more to show the more they play not having everything done in a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MattGtheOG View Post
    I don't believe in there is going to be as much of a drop of as people are expecting. Sure some initially the people who just wanted to give it a try, but I like to compare classic to osrs release and I hope for the same result with classic taking over. MMO's have got to easy and fast compared to what they used to be. I understand some people need the fast aspect in some cases, But people should also have more to show the more they play not having everything done in a month or two.
    Pretty much sums up how I feel about it. OSRS is still strong because it appeals to a large, specific market, in the same way classic does.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    A lot will switch to TBC and a lot will continue playing classic. This retail mentality that once there is no new content every month people quit has no basis in reality.
    The private servers proved this with the tier raid patches releasing once a year and still have the same or growing number of players in between.
    Not every player will raid Naxx. Not everyone will have guilds that do all the progress. Not everyone will be bothered to tryhard 24/7 to reach 60 in 2 month never mind first month, or do all the work to progress in a timely manner through all the raids. A lot will make alts and a massive number will play pvp especially once bgs come out. And that last part. A lot will still join classic along the way. People somehow imagine everyone who could possibly be interested in classic started playing at release. You could go even now on retail and find a lot of people just starting out a char after x y z nr of years off or straight up new players that start playing wow for the first time.
    private servers have a huge edge over retail: they're free, hard to compete with a free product

and retail is fairly relaxed as it is in term of patches, so long into BfA and we're still in 8.2, anything slower than that means you have nothing to do other than repeat content

what has 'no basis on reality'? that in order for a game to maintain the interest of the players it needs to evolve? that's madness i tell you! we should still be playing the 4th coming, who needs new stuff anyways? let's kill Kel'thuzad for the 40th time and duel with the same people outside of orgrimmar for the 1567th time... who could refuse such a sweet prospect?;

ps: lol at the idea that they'll implement TBC, it was mostly a crappy expansion that combines the worse elements of classic and retail

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    private servers have a huge edge over retail: they're free, hard to compete with a free product

and retail is fairly relaxed as it is in term of patches, so long into BfA and we're still in 8.2, anything slower than that means you have nothing to do other than repeat content

what has 'no basis on reality'? that in order for a game to maintain the interest of the players it needs to evolve? that's madness i tell you! we should still be playing the 4th coming, who needs new stuff anyways? let's kill Kel'thuzad for the 40th time and duel with the same people outside of orgrimmar for the 1567th time... who could refuse such a sweet prospect?;

ps: lol at the idea that they'll implement TBC, it was mostly a crappy expansion that combines the worse elements of classic and retail
    You know what p servers also have ? Lag! Loot lag in particular, so thx but no thx im done with that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    Private server discussion is against site rules. Let's not go talking up the supposed benefits of them. It's not on-topic in any real way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh, you've seen nothing yet.
    I know, i played vanilla i know my suffering is just beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I know, i played vanilla i know my suffering is just beginning
    Our suffering comes from a weird place though.

The "need" to rush to max level.

Which is...i dont know what it is...but we are not supposed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Our suffering comes from a weird place though.

The "need" to rush to max level.

Which is...i dont know what it is...but we are not supposed to do that.
    I m not doing that, priests are hard to level.

I have no idea if im doing something wrong...but im kiting mobs...as a rogue...so i lose little health in every pull.
    Its really time consuming but i save time because i dont have to eat.

No idea if im supposed to do that or not.

Err...
    No.
    They aren't hard at all. They're slow, but on the easy side.

I have no idea if im doing something wrong...but im kiting mobs...as a rogue...so i lose little health in every pull.

Rogue leveling, at least at the period of stupidity, aka 2005-2007 was:

Ambush-->Lucky crit? Yeah! (Talent helped a lot but not everyone had it obviously, or the hit % talents)-->Sinister it to 5, Eviscerate, did 2 of those crit? Yeah you won quickly.

Did you miss/didnt crit, something ?Facetank like moron cause bad.

Also make sure to panic and press space bar while jumping randomly to pull 1 more, get dazed and crit from the back.

So, basically the fact you played all these years and i am guessing dotting and running, is the knowledge of all these years that "Oh its possible".

What do you think people did when they saw "Deals 500 damage instantly", "Deal 520 damage over 15 seconds" while leveling?
    Last edited by potis; 2019-09-08 at 10:51 PM.

One of the strong point of Classic/Vanilla (that we often gush about with a friend) is that how each class is very unique and has a very unique way to be played, even if the difference should be rather subtle. They make for strongly-themed classes which are consistent over their trees and yet allow for varied gameplay that, somehow, manage to always go back to their core concepts. Brilliant stuff.

Rogues are close-combat glass canon. They are very fragile, and live on their ability to control the fight. They drop down rather quickly if you facetank things (unless you've got a strong enough weapon to kill mob quickly with SS spam, but that typically requires a blue/epic bought from the AH), but they have tons of tools to prevent their foe to do damage - use your stuns to hit without being striken back, and your gouge to recuperate energy.

Oh yeah, absolutely. That's just the nature of this kind of thing. You can only have raids that are a decade + old and have people grinding them endlessly for so long before people lose interest. We'll probably see resurgence in interest as they launch new content for Classic but, the same as Classic, that'll drop off too.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Ambush-->Lucky crit? Yeah! (Talent helped a lot but not everyone had it obviously, or the hit % talents)-->Sinister it to 5, Eviscerate, did 2 of those crit? Yeah you won quickly.

Also make sure to panic and press space bar while jumping randomly to pull 1 more, get dazed and crit from the back.

So, basically the fact you played all these years and i am guessing dotting and running, is the knowledge of all these years that "Oh its possible".

What do you think people did when they saw "Deals 500 damage instantly", "Deal 520 damage over 15 seconds" while leveling?
    I guess i could try ambush with the talent that give 40% crit after killing a mob.
    But your post made me feel really insecure... i dont understand if you are making fun of me or not ahah

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    WoW Classic has successfully destroyed our raiding and M+ teams, and what is odd is that people aren't on either BfA or Classic any more.
    I was concerned this could happen. I've certainly see attrition among raiders on my server. Classic could be a convenient gateway out of WoW.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    One of the strong point of Classic/Vanilla (that we often gush about with a friend) is that how each class is very unique and has a very unique way to be played, even if the difference should be rather subtle. They make for strongly-themed classes which are consistent over their trees and yet allow for varied gameplay that, somehow, manage to always go back to their core concepts. Brilliant stuff.

Rogues are close-combat glass canon. They are very fragile, and live on their ability to control the fight. They drop down rather quickly if you facetank things (unless you've got a strong enough weapon to kill mob quickly with SS spam, but that typically requires a blue/epic bought from the AH), but they have tons of tools to prevent their foe to do damage - use your stuns to hit without being striken back, and your gouge to recuperate energy.
    Rogue is so different, im still getting used to it.
    As far as i know, it takes ages to get a full stack of 5 combo points.

At best, in your opener you get 2 combo points...3 if you cheapshot. But cheap shot is a waste of a opener in pve.
    You can only do 3 consecutive sinister strikes with a full stack of energy.

Basically, right now, with my gear, im refusing to face tank mobs...unless i have blade flurry.

I kinda got addicted to the kiting strategy...is really fun to me for some reason and i can easily kill higher level mobs

I guess i could try ambush with the talent that give 40% crit after killing a mob.
    But your post made me feel really insecure... i dont understand if you are making fun of me or not ahah
    I am not, you are kiting because its something that the changes have allowed because thats how Sin plays in the last few expansions, poison/bleeds, YOLO LOOK AT ME RUN AWAY.

This wasnt the case in 2005, told ya, its the "WHAT DOES MOST DAMAGE, I PERSS THAT"

Thats the mistake most people do with Vanilla leveling, they are afraid, or try to do the end game build from the start, the same problem retail guides have.

If you do Hit rating combat talent, 40% ambush crit, 40% ambush crit after kill, 20% dmg on ambush, you literally start each mob at 40-50%.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

God what a big pile of BS.
    Don't know if you were a terrible player in 2005 or if you're trying to convince everyone that people were somehow drooling morons that magically got a brain in the years that followed, but that's just... full of shit, from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    God what a big pile of BS.
    Don't know if you were a terrible player in 2005 or if you're trying to convince everyone that people were somehow drooling morons that magically got a brain in the years that followed, but that's just... full of shit, from start to finish.
    You are playing Classic in 2019, you are a drooling moron by default, sorry to inform you bro.

Let someone that helped 2 rogues reach rank 14, and actually did something relevant in a relevant time in Vanilla have a better opinion than your mouthbreathing self, we went through this before, you are a massive scrub, i am not gonna repeat a July discussion because you believe you are somehow entitled to an opinion with your proven, insane lack of knowledge/skill, call it whatever.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-09-08 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I was concerned this could happen. I've certainly see attrition among raiders on my server. Classic could be a convenient gateway out of WoW.
    Bfa is a good enough gateway to quit.