View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 1 of 43
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Rolling on lockboxes

Hey all

Just a very quick, simple question/poll. Not looking to start a flame war or anything - just interested in peoples opinions! So here goes...

You are in a pug group for a dungeon and a lockbox drops. There is a rogue in the group. Is it right that the rogue should get to roll "need" while the rest of the group rolls "greed"?

That's it! Appreciate your thoughts. The poll is just yes/no. Shouldn't be any need for a third option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lockboxes and Chests aren't exclusive Rogue property.

first week had a Rogue walk to a locked chest in SFK and open it, loot everything, some really nice BOE Blue dropped. Needless to say everyone was mad at him. He said "if its locked its mine".

We went on without him.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the chest is locked, i don't see why not, since the party can't open it anyway, lockboxes, meh w/e

Everyone can roll on the lockbox.

Locked chests are rogue property.

I can't think of an argument for why a rogue should roll Need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Explain why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Hey all

Just a very quick, simple question/poll. Not looking to start a flame war or anything - just interested in peoples opinions! So here goes...

You are in a pug group for a dungeon and a lockbox drops. There is a rogue in the group. Is it right that the rogue should get to roll "need" while the rest of the group rolls "greed"?

That's it! Appreciate your thoughts. The poll is just yes/no. Shouldn't be any need for a third option.
    lock boxes are not rogue only, because people may have a rogue alt or friend who can open it, its not like suddenly because a rogue is in the group, its rogue loot.

if there is a locked chest its usually good to give a rogue a favor of "You can have all the money in the chest" as the money taken from a chest is not shared, but stuff inside should be rolled off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Everyone can roll on the lockbox.

no they arnt, you brough the rogue in partially for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    No, everyone rolls for it.

Lockboxes and locked chests are not the Rogue's property, unlocking them is a service they provide to the group, like a Mage giving out water/food or portals after the instance is over (which costs the mage 40s so be grateful when they do it).
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Locked chests are absolutely rogue property, you can't unlock them, they can, its a perk of that class. You aren't entitled to their skills.

Lock boxes however, are rollable loot.

Lockboxes can be opened by people outside the dungeon, so no they are not property of the rogue. Locked chests, on the other hand, should go to rogues and engineers who have charges on them as nobody would get the loot in them without that person being in the specific dungeon. That being said, whenever I used to play a char who could open chests, I would pass out the gear if it was an upgrade to someone (I would charge the cost of making a charge if I had to blow open the chest as an engineer).

3+ Year Old Account
    This is hilarious .... all the threads on the official forums claiming that lock picking is a "profession" and that rogues are entitled to any locked chest .... and now this. Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwhisper View Post
    Locked chests are absolutely rogue property, you can't unlock them, they can, its a perk of that class. You aren't entitled to their skills.

Lock boxes however, are rollable loot.
    Ok, you don't get a portal out of the end of a raid/instance or food/water when you have a mage in your party because "you aren't entitled to their skills".
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwhisper View Post
    You aren't entitled to their skills.
    But the rogue is entitled to my healing? The Mage's food? The Warlock's summon? The Paladin's Buff? Rogues bring NOTHING of utility to a raid except lock picking. The least they can do is provide something of value.

Quote Originally Posted by iDruid View Post
    But the rogue is entitled to my healing? The Mage's food? The Warlock's summon? The Paladin's Buff? Rogues bring NOTHING of utility to a raid except lock picking. The least they can do is provide something of value.
    cry me a river.

If rogues can roll need then so can Blacksmiths because they can craft skeleton keys

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Explain why.
    Because skinners don't wait for everyone to /roll for skins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lock boxes are not rogue only, because people may have a rogue alt or friend who can open it, its not like suddenly because a rogue is in the group, its rogue loot.

if there is a locked chest its usually good to give a rogue a favor of "You can have all the money in the chest" as the money taken from a chest is not shared, but stuff inside should be rolled off.

- - - Updated - - -

no they arnt, you brough the rogue in partially for that reason.
    I disagree.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    cry me a river.
    Compelling argument. Were your other 3,353 posts as deep?

locked chests are greed rolls.

I could open them all back in the day due to my blacksmithing skeleton keys. Still greed rolled them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Explain why.
    because i can say that my skill is not high enough and then open the chest alone when dungeon is over

As a main tank, if a rogue rolls need on a box or takes a locked chest without winning the roll for it; he will be out of a group and blacklisted

Nothing about it says rogue property and if the rogue won’t open a chest for the group because they feel entitled to it; they are welcome to show their entitlement in another group. /kicked

Alright, lets roll on the locked box, oh you dont have lockpicking?