Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post

Theres heaps of stuff to do at 60 and you've clearly missed the entire point
    Such as... Grinding the same 3 dungeons nonstop for gear? Yeah that certainly does sound enjoyable. Especially because the gear doesn't even matter since MC can be cleared in greens you get from leveling anyway.

So your "heaps of stuff" is really just one thing that you can do but that serves no purpose... Yeah, you really sold it to me.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My nostalgia was satisfied.
    I'll play once a week to go through some rest xp then pop right off till next time.

Current retail just
    feels like a lobby for your next faceroll instance that no one even says a word the entire time
    Have you thought about doing other than heroic dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderatelol View Post
    This is my opinion and in no way am i trying to force it on anybody or say that my opinion is correct for anybody other than myself.

I played back in Vanilla and enjoyed it, however i'm not interested in going back. Literally everything about it takes too long, classes are imbalanced and have boring rotations and the game has tons of other quality of life issues. This is a game i've played for the better part of 15 years and I play for challenging end-game PvE content (primarily high m+) and I like collecting things as well, both which Retail provides me more of than Classic. I also like having a few alts that are close to max-geared so that I have variety, i do not play these alts to level through Winterspring for the 100th time, I play them to do end-game content on, which retail provides a more accessible way of doing this.

People say "go back to bfa classic too hard" - Classic isn't hard, it's inconvenient in several areas causing it to take a lot of time. I have a lot of time, i'm 24 self-employed and single w/ no kids and plenty of income but i'd rather spend my time doing something that I find fun rather than spending 30 minutes on 1 quest that requires "3 bear paws, 3 spider ichors and 3 boar tongues" which should be about 10-15 kills, but instead takes 60 kills. This is not what i'd consider to be fun.

All-in-all i've experienced it already and it's not as fun a second time through to me. If you enjoy it, i'm very glad that you can now play it in a fashion in which you don't have to worry about the servers going down, i'm happy that it's official for you, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea :P.
    That right there sums it up. It's not hard, just inconvenient, which in turn makes it tedious.

Having to stop to eat/drink after every pull isn't hard. Having to run halfway across a zone to turn in a quest, just for the quest to send you back across the zone, which in turn sends you back isn't hard. Getting a quest to go kill a bunch of mobs in a cave only for the follow-up to send you back into the cave to loot a single item isn't hard. Having to kill 60+ mobs just to loot 5 quest items isn't hard. Having to farm random mobs to get a level or two because you've finished all the quests in the current zone but aren't high enough level to quest in the next zone isn't hard.

It's tedious, it's inconvenient. It's time-consuming but not because it's challenging. It's the same reason why I don't go back to playing Everquest, or a Project 1999 private server. I had a great time playing the game when it was new, but the amount of QoL improvements I keep finding myself missing whenever I do log into classic serve as a reminder that it wasn't hard, it was just new. There wasn't the amount of resources and I wasn't as experienced in the game as I am now.

I still login to classic some nights, just like I still login to live some nights. But Classic is exactly what I remembered it to be, and that's not really what I'm looking for in a game.

I will say, however, that it's nice that crafting professions are useful as you level up in Classic, even if it can be a pain to find the mats you need to keep your skill apace with your character level.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderatelol View Post
    This is my opinion and in no way am i trying to force it on anybody or say that my opinion is correct for anybody other than myself.

I played back in Vanilla and enjoyed it, however i'm not interested in going back. Literally everything about it takes too long, classes are imbalanced and have boring rotations and the game has tons of other quality of life issues. This is a game i've played for the better part of 15 years and I play for challenging end-game PvE content (primarily high m+) and I like collecting things as well, both which Retail provides me more of than Classic. I also like having a few alts that are close to max-geared so that I have variety, i do not play these alts to level through Winterspring for the 100th time, I play them to do end-game content on, which retail provides a more accessible way of doing this.

People say "go back to bfa classic too hard" - Classic isn't hard, it's inconvenient in several areas causing it to take a lot of time. I have a lot of time, i'm 24 self-employed and single w/ no kids and plenty of income but i'd rather spend my time doing something that I find fun rather than spending 30 minutes on 1 quest that requires "3 bear paws, 3 spider ichors and 3 boar tongues" which should be about 10-15 kills, but instead takes 60 kills. This is not what i'd consider to be fun.

All-in-all i've experienced it already and it's not as fun a second time through to me. If you enjoy it, i'm very glad that you can now play it in a fashion in which you don't have to worry about the servers going down, i'm happy that it's official for you, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea :P.
    100% my exactly same feelings regarding classic lol

- - - Updated - - -

- Current retail just
    feels like a lobby for your next faceroll instance that no one even says a word the entire time
    you're funny....sounds like all you ever did in retail was LFR and LFD lol

I no longer have all the free times to stomach artificial grinds and hurdles, so I never even tried Classic.

Ironically it's the same reason that I no longer play Retail version as well
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Way too many things I overlooked (or didn't know better of) when I originally played vanilla, that are just plain stupid and annoying. Also it's funny to see people romanticize vanilla community and raiding, wow forums back in the day was a cesspit of level 1 chars whining and flaming, mob-tagging and ninja looting was prevalent and yes, ony was 5-manned and MC 10-manned even in vanilla.

Why do you people bother with queues? Just log in early, and stay logged in through your phone while fishing or whatnot through out the day. No queues when you just sit and continue playing on PC

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    I'm still playing. Last time I was this hooked into wow was like, cata times. (and I've been subbed non stop since vanilla)

Like seriously, there is no content in retail. Just endless grinding of worthless reps or doing pve and praying that you will get the right titanforged version of that one item you don't even know the name of, you just care about the ilvl.

For the first time in a long time, I feel I'm playing a mmorpg. And I'm quite happy.

People are raging so bad about classic, it's like they're this popular high school girl which is furious because there's a new girl out there getting all the attention.

Blizzard won't remove retail wow. You guys can keep all the QoL, the xpacs, the new patches, etc...

Let's just chill out, please.

Some people nowadays just can't handle others having a different point of view, doesn't matter if it's a game, TV series, politics, sports or whatever. I can almost hear the furious typing within some threads just by looking at the title.
    yup nd the crazy amount of 440+ people that were signing for my hc warfronts groups yeasterday proves everyone plays classic

"nothing to do"

Current retail just
    Thanks for your LFR lvl input on retail wow.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    My nostalgia was satisfied.
    I'll play once a week to go through some rest xp then pop right off till next time.
    ouch thats harsh :P

when even youtubers are aleady bored with classic

after making so many classic related materials and you got burned out already ? just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    got burned out already ?
    I got burned out immediately when they announced it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Haven't quit yet, but I'll probably not make it past 30. As many people already have pointed out, it's not hard in any way, it's just tedious. I greatly respect the level of commitment and dedication it actually takes to level to 60 and I for one does not have that, nor the time. I also understand the nostalgic trip it gives, hell I play NHL 94 from time to time and it gives me a feeling only NHL 94 players can understand, and I assume it's the same for Classic. That nostalgic trip back to when I was a kid and didn't have a care in the world except beating my friends in NHL 94.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats literally wow tho, if oyu cant enjoy the progression and social aspects of the game that make it what it is, you probs shouldnt be playing anyway
    Its really not though, in bfa i dont just watch my character autoattack 90% of the time or have quest items drop at a tedious rate(why do only like 20% of all zebras have a hoove?).

Theres also challenging content like m+ and mythic raids heck even hc warfront is more challengeing than anythin classic has to offer, in classic the only "challenge" is when a mob suddenly runs feared into another mob.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    - Slow leveling
    - Hundred Players tagging one mob/vein/flower/whatever
    - Slow Battles
    - Boring as fuck
    - Not enough QoL

Just as expected.
    If that's what you expected, why did you even start ;p
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Thats literally wow tho, if oyu cant enjoy the progression and social aspects of the game that make it what it is, you probs shouldnt be playing anyway
    Maybe he enjoys the progression that retail offers? you know, progressing through a raid tier with your guild since retail raids actually need braincells.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    If that's what you expected, why did you even start ;p
    Probably because of the people constantly yelling at his face how classic is not like that.

I find people quitting over queues very entertaining. If you don't want to sit in a queue, play another server. Literally any reason you can give me for wanting to play on a full server does not count. You chose to sit in a queue, don't complaint about it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Literally any reason you can give me for wanting to play on a full server does not count.
    So you just wanted to tell everyone that whoever disagrees with you, is automatically wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I find people quitting over queues very entertaining. If you don't want to sit in a queue, play another server. Literally any reason you can give me for wanting to play on a full server does not count. You chose to sit in a queue, don't complaint about it.
    No one likes queues, and people can be afraid of ending in a dead server, shocking i know.