Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Quality > Quantity.
    Never fails to be an arrogant statement, seeing as how what is considered to be high quality varies so hilariously from player to player. Let's not forget that Legion didn't start out viewed as peachy as it became once it had all content on the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    ..lol

I mean, what?

8.3 is already well into development 100% at this point, including the raid. It'd be silly and a waste. They can both work on the next xpac and also release 8.3 and 8.3.5, it's not mutually exclusive.

Besides, BFA was the same sized or bigger than legion, it just had worse quality..so
    No use responding to such short-sighted people, really. They're always around and they always act as if the game is "literally unplayable" because they're not having fun, meanwhile the rage would in no light terms be cataclysmic if they pulled another WoD, only this time despite actually having planned content beyond the .2 patch, unlike WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think they did a good job with Jaina. She is my favorite Warcraft character (Azshara was but they ruined her in BfA) and BfA made her... better in one way or another. All other characters: meh.
    She I think is pretty good actually and I would have to agree with you out of a lot of Warcraft character she is my favorite simply because she has evolved in a way that she's tired of fighting more or less very similar to saurfang

Hopefully they get to deploy the build today, that they didnt finish on friday.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Never fails to be an arrogant statement, seeing as how what is considered to be high quality varies so hilariously from player to player. Let's not forget that Legion didn't start out viewed as peachy as it became once it had all content on the table.

- - - Updated - - -

No use responding to such short-sighted people, really. They're always around and they always act as if the game is "literally unplayable" because they're not having fun, meanwhile the rage would in no light terms be cataclysmic if they pulled another WoD, only this time despite actually having planned content beyond the .2 patch, unlike WoD.
    I don't know what you're talking about, other than the lack of main story questlines for 7.2, as well as some of the AP grinding, (Which still got positive opinions at the end of the day), Legion had a pretty good rep prior to 7.3, and that was due to the quality of content lasting for the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

With BFA, however, the quantity is massive, but barely anything is long lasting.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And even if they put another troll and another dwarf it will continue to have more elves
    Lul, I was thinking if I should've changed the phrase to "there's always been double the amount of elf options" since this is the simplest retort one could've gone for. And ofc you did
    they never said every race is going to get an allied race and, those could be in 8.3 and the amani and wildhammer in 9.0 or pre patch thing.
    Did you not once say you're a biologist, you don't notice the pattern so far? While no one's saying there's a causation, it's a strong correlation based off of the races we've gotten. And even the mechagnomes who have their own /dance and amount of customization (for Gnome AR) and Vulpera (for Goblin AR) are following that deduction of "every current playable race is going to have an Allied Race version of itself".

If you want to ignore the pattern go ahead, and even if Blizzard says "there's no pattern" they've obviously been following one so far. Besides, not everything Blizzard says stays true, they also said Zandalari wouldn't have unique druid forms and when we got Zandalari they did.
    could be something, or not, im not discarding neither options
    It's not about discarding an option, your posts make you sound like it must be something.

oh god, go to your echo chamber.
    "oh god, he mentioned High Elves - my one weakness".

Cut the crap, it's just an example which you obviously can't refute. I also gave an example using the class forum icons and you didn't refute that either.

I don't know what you're talking about, other than the lack of main story questlines for 7.2, as well as some of the AP grinding, (Which still got positive opinions at the end of the day), Legion had a pretty good rep prior to 7.3, and that was due to the quality of content lasting for the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

With BFA, however, the quantity is massive, but barely anything is long lasting.
    From how i remember it the forums were an absolute shitshow teh first few patches of Legion. AP grind, awful M+ system and the abuses of it. World quests being boring and tedious. 7.2 had possibly the worst continuing questline in the game with the weekly "do x boring thing" every time.

All previous patches end up being praised in hindsight, and the new ones are always the worst thing Blizz has ever produced and a new low for them. It is just how the forums work.

Let's not sit here and think that Legion was this almost undisputed masterpiece compared to BfA. It had just as many awfully designed systems, the difference is that many of them, M+ in particular, was properly salvageable before the expansion ended, meaning our perception of them are good in hindsight.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Hopefully they get to deploy the build today, that they didnt finish on friday.
    Hopefully it's heading towards a release build. Looks like 8.2.5 is honestly just going to be a bunch of story related stuff along with the anniversary stuff and other things like firelands timewalking.

I was trying to look it up but I can't seem to find an actual date that the 8.2.5 PTR went up, I see the forum posts on July 29. Did it go up then or did it go up in August?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Let's not sit here and think that Legion was this almost undisputed masterpiece compared to BfA. It had just as many awfully designed systems, the difference is that many of them, M+ in particular, was properly salvageable before the expansion ended, meaning our perception of them are good in hindsight.
    I think this is the major difference here between opinions regarding BfA and Legion (when Legion was current). It was that Blizzard salvaged/fixed/turned around what people showed wasn't great about some of its features.

I honestly don't think we will be seeing the same for the BfA content features (islands, azerite traits, warfronts) and I think that's why most people seem to want to move on to the next expansion right now or somehow have this opinion that Legion was great at the beginning as well as its end.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Hopefully it's heading towards a release build. Looks like 8.2.5 is honestly just going to be a bunch of story related stuff along with the anniversary stuff and other things like firelands timewalking.

I was trying to look it up but I can't seem to find an actual date that the 8.2.5 PTR went up, I see the forum posts on July 29. Did it go up then or did it go up in August?
    Story related stuff is one of the things that tends to have bugs though. Not to mention graphical glitches concerning the new Goblin and Worgen models.

That being said, fixes to quests and such tend to be easier than new systems. So hopefully we can get a move on. Waiting for new story related news to come up is getting agonizing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think this will be last week with no news, maybe with exception of small PTR release build. Hype with big WoW release last about 3 weeks and Blizz knows it better than we do.

I think this is the major difference here between opinions regarding BfA and Legion (when Legion was current). It was that Blizzard salvaged/fixed/turned around what people showed wasn't great about some of its features.

I honestly don't think we will be seeing the same for the BfA content features (islands, azerite traits, warfronts) and I think that's why most people seem to want to move on to the next expansion right now or somehow have this opinion that Legion was great at the beginning as well as its end.
    Legion did not really fix all its problems either. Legiondaries were not in a spot where most people loved them until Antorus rolled around when everyone could get the one they wanted. This was aggravated even more by Legion being the Alt expansion, and the proper Legiondaries could make or break your enjoyment of your character.
    I was lucky on my main and got the BiS, which meant that while i had it, i never got an upgrade for that slot, which was a bit of a bummer. And for my mage alt, i never got the Legiondary i wanted, meaning i never managed to get into properly playing arcane like i wanted.

BfA's new systems like Islands cannot really be fixed unless there is a major overhaul of the very core of what Islands are supposed to be. But warfronts could in theory be salvaged if the the hypothetical new one is made properly and incentivises doing it properly on higher difficulties.

Azerite traits are a weird one, because i cannot really think of what exactly is so wrong with them at the moment. The initial version, sure. And maybe even the one we got during BoD. But Azerite as it is now i feel really only needs to have teh respec cost removed (or at least, give it a hard cap on how expensive it can get) and it will be perfect, or at least as good as it could tehoretically be.

Will definitely be interesting to look back on BfA when the newxt expansion rolls around, and see what worked, and what didnt.

5+ Year Old Account
    Story related stuff is one of the things that tends to have bugs though. Not to mention graphical glitches concerning the new Goblin and Worgen models.
    Oh I don't mean to say they don't have a full plate on their hands with what they've featured so far, just would like it to release regardless.
    That being said, fixes to quests and such tend to be easier than new systems. So hopefully we can get a move on. Waiting for new story related news to come up is getting agonizing.
    Yes exactly! I have not much interest in BfA other than working on my Pathfinder part 2, and even that I am not crazy grinding out. Just doing that 1 850 Mechagon rep WQ per day, and only doing Nazjatar when it has the Emissary for the big rep gains. I want flying so that BfA is smoother for alts passing through.

And other than the story, and perhaps which Allied Races are left to come, there's not a lot I'm interested to do in BfA over Classic. The story and zones of BFA are really amazing - Kul Tiras for instance is still breathtaking. The nice thing I love is that now I don't feel compelled to purchase future expansions immediately anymore, since there's a version of WoW I can enjoy that stays for longer than 2 years.

Bring back mommy Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulcatcher3 View Post
    Bring back mommy Azshara.
    Sorry she's in another castle.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Lul, I was thinking if I should've changed the phrase to "there's always been double the amount of elf options" since this is the simplest retort one could've gone for. And ofc you did
    And it's actually false, unless you view Blood Elves and Night Elves as the same race, gameplay-wise. Which they aren't.

If you want to lump all Elves into one race, they would also have to be a Troll subrace, and Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes would be in a "Titan construct" race/category.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And it's actually false, unless you view Blood Elves and Night Elves as the same race, gameplay-wise. Which they aren't.

If you want to lump all Elves into one race, they would also have to be a Troll subrace, and Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes would be in a "Titan construct" race/category.
    I mean, that's what "elf" means. Both are elves, and it's how majority view em hence the lumping of "there's 4 elf races to choose from, no more!" that those against more elves post about.

But stepping away from elves. It's not false at all, you're the one having a strange "race/category" organization. Darkspear and Zandalari are both Troll races, there's now 2 to choose from. Dark Irons and "Dwarves" are both Dwarf races that are playable.

I'm not really sure where you were trying to go with your logic honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also check it out, https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...tch?p=51583298

Just like Nathanyel and others said, there's nothing special about the background art. It's just a new look. They even include on the store page now. Though I don't blame anyone for looking too hard into it, there's not been much news regarding BfA/current WoW right now so what little speculation there is, is better than none.

I mean, that's what "elf" means. Both are elves, and it's how majority view em hence the lumping of "there's 4 elf races to choose from, no more!" that those against more elves post about.

But stepping away from elves. It's not false at all, you're the one having a strange "race/category" organization. Darkspear and Zandalari are both Troll races, there's now 2 to choose from. Dark Irons and "Dwarves" are both Dwarf races that are playable.

I'm not really sure where you were trying to go with your logic honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also check it out, https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...tch?p=51583298

Just like Nathanyel and others said, there's nothing special about the background art. It's just a new look. They even include on the store page now. Though I don't blame anyone for looking too hard into it, there's not been much news regarding BfA/current WoW right now so what little speculation there is, is better than none.
    Elves are just mutated trolls, so we got 6 playable troll races.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Oh, I thought the argument was "there are 4 elf races, more than other races!"

The pattern of every race up to Cata getting an AR partner is still going strong, and is the likely outcome, while it may take a while to complete the set.
    Unless they surprise us with Worgen&Forsaken candidates in 8.3 (possible, as the Worgen Heritage questline may deal with Gilneas) we might even see another "original" race (pair) before then.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Elves are just mutated trolls, so we got 6 playable troll races.
    Hey I'm not the one making the argument, I actually find it stupid honestly. Imo majority of people play 1 faction and thus the races on the "other side" don't even matter. So I see it as there's just 2 elf choices on each side.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I thought the argument was "there are 4 elf races, more than other races!"
    It is the argument people who don't want any more elves in the game make, I am not one of those - was just bringing up a point.
    The pattern of every race up to Cata getting an AR partner is still going strong, and is the likely outcome, while it may take a while to complete the set.
    Unless they surprise us with Worgen&Forsaken candidates in 8.3 (possible, as the Worgen Heritage questline may deal with Gilneas) we might even see another "original" race (pair) before then.
    I don't believe we'll see another "original" race pair before then because I believe 8.3 and the rest of BFA will all be revealed at Blizzcon.

It is the argument people who don't want any more elves in the game make, I am not one of those - was just bringing up a point.
    I know, I didn't want to contradict you, I was replying to you because you pointed out the fallacy. Felt more relevant than to quote the guy you quoted and repeat the point first.

Should've clarified that the argument I spoke about later wasn't yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I still like Jaina a lot but a lot of her BfA development could have been handled better.
    Well, all characters deserved better than BfA. But Jaina went out lucky as of now as she hasn't been thrown under the bus (just yet?). Look at Malfurion or Tyrande or Azshara or... even Sylvanas. Horrible. Jaina hasn't gotten a great and compelling story yet her BfA story is somehow good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Frankly, at this point, dumping what work they did on 8.3 and shoving the devs into 9.0 might very well cause a delay rather than a speedup. It certainly won't make the wait any shorter.
    It wouldn't make the wait shorter but it could make 9.0 better or more polished. Who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely this. The majority loved Legion at least until 7.2. Nighthold and Return to Karazhan were praised and liked by most players. Yes, random legendaries and AP grind were issues but that's nothing compared to the sh*tshow BfA presented to us in the first months and how players reacted to the mess BfA was and in parts still is.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again