Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Completed Whirlwind Warrior Class Quest at 31

And the journey was epic. The grind behind it was meaningful, I was really motivated to get those tusks from the jungle trolls, even though it took me 3+ hours
    A friend helped me with the cyclone boss and overall it had increased my damage to a very lot. I AM GONNA PLAY MORE CLASSIC NOW )

My reply to the jellies

Last edited by retrogame; 2019-09-09 at 11:36 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool blog post.

This Forum is meant to be for open discussion not really somewhere to make a statement.

What exactly is there to discuss, that this belongs in general discussions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Even boosts feel meaningful in classic

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Even boosts feel meaningful in classic
    Boost? whaaat??

I done everything solo, but the last step was 'helped' not boosted, you dumb?

A friend that was same level as me helped me killing a 40 level ellite. This game is mainly for group ups
    Last edited by retrogame; 2019-09-09 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    Boost? whaaat??

I done everything solo, but the last step was 'helped' not boosted, you dumb?

A friend that was same level as me helped me killing a 40 level ellite. This game is mainly for group ups
    That's what it's called when you get something because someone else basically did it for you. Who cares though? Get a nice enchant for it and keep it sharpened.

Reddit is more suited for these kind of posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    That's what it's called when you get something because someone else basically did it for you. Who cares though? Get a nice enchant for it and keep it sharpened.

If he was higher level than me, then perhaps I would agree, but he was 31 as me. Man people on mmo champ are soo stupid.

And still takes ages to kill 1 mob.

Ok, so as a fellow warrior, here's what really happened:

1. You wasted hours grinding trolls badly tuned to the level of the quest you picked up.
    2. You wasted more hours grinding elementals, and btw I find it hard to believe you were killing them duo with another level 31 (I was wiping on them with a full 5 man party of level ranges 32-35). You aren't getting those elementals down with just two 31s. Maybe you left the part where a group of 35+ leveled players grinded the mobs for you?
    3. A high level friend killed the elite for you.

Whirlwind weapon is: a) a huge waste of time, b) a quest that you can probably do around level 40 at the lowest, or just get boosted by higher levels (which you did). I'm sure there is some satisfaction in it, but it's a satisfaction akin to being a LFR raider and being boosted through a mythic raid for loot by your friends for free.

Personally I was actually trying to complete the quest, but then at level 35 I just went to SM armory twice and got the Ravager. Then deleted the Cyclonian quest after dinging 37 - best decision of my wow classic life ever.

Enjoy the 5 levels you will spend with this blue axe that you wasted like 10 hours of begging friends to help you on.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-09-09 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post

Nobody did anything FOR him. They did it together equally. That's what Classic is about. Group Play. It's not a single player game like Retail WoW where you are meant to do everything solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

1. You wasted hours grinding trolls badly tuned to the level of the quest you picked up.
    2. You wasted more hours grinding elementals, and btw I find it hard to believe you were killing them duo with another level 31 (I was wiping on them with a full 5 man party of level ranges 32-35). You aren't getting those elementals down with just two 31s. Maybe you left the part where a group of 35+ leveled players grinded the mobs for you?

Whirlwind weapon is: a) a huge waste of time, b) a quest that you can probably do around level 40 at the lowest, or just get boosted by higher levels (which you did). I'm sure there is some satisfaction in it, but it's a satisfaction akin to being a LFR raider and being boosted through a mythic raid for loot by your friends for free.

Personally I was actually trying to complete the quest, but then at level 35 I just went to SM armory twice and got the Ravager. Then deleted the Cyclonian quest after dinging 37 - best decision of my wow classic life ever.

Enjoy the 5 levels you will spend with this blue axe that you wasted like 10 hours of begging friends to help you on.

Nope. Wrong. I just love how you waste your time on replying and then get it wrong too, wow!

The Troll Part in SFV was easy enough to do at level 31 with a wep that has 31 dps and 10 defense. (Solo)
    The Grinding elementals was easy. Go to the AH buy mats and you are done. (solo)
    The boss was easy with another warrior, because we used hamstring methods, healing potions and taunts when low health then first aid and we made rotations.

now get F__ked newbie warrior <3
    Last edited by retrogame; 2019-09-09 at 01:02 PM.

As you can read from OP's post he really enjoyed his time while doing the quest. And that's why we play video games... to enjoy our time. Time is not wasted if we enjoy what we do. The reward might not be as meaningful in the long run but that doesn't matter if he had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    As you can read from OP's post he really enjoyed his time while doing the quest. And that's why we play video games... to enjoy our time. Time is not wasted if we enjoy what we do. The reward might not be as meaningful in the long run but that doesn't matter if he had fun.
    Don't worry, he will realize that it was a waste, in a couple hours of gameplay. Even though he might try not to admit it to himself.

Whirlwind axe is not even that much of an upgrade over the previous weapons in the progression line

Don't worry, he will realize that it was a waste, in a couple hours of gameplay. Even though he might try not to admit it to himself.

Whirlwind axe is not even that much of an upgrade over the previous weapons in the progression line
    You don't understand. If he had fun while doing the quest then that's all that matters. The fun he have had doesn't change based on the future. Nothing can happen in the future that will change the fact that he had fun while doing the activity at that given moment in time.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I got carried through pretty much the whole thing (elementals and all). No regrets. Whirlwind Axe is stupidly OP if you can actually get it at level 30-31.

Buying the charms from the AH and asking\paying for a boost for the lvl 40+ Cyclonian? Such accomplishment

That said, congrats, i guess? I stuck with Corpsemaker\Ravager for the most part.

How do you kill a lv40 elite with 2 people at lv31?
    When I even fight a normal mob that is way higher level than I am I just miss all the time and when I don't, the damage is low.

Lots of salty people here.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    How do you kill a lv40 elite with 2 people at lv31?
    When I even fight a normal mob that is way higher level than I am I just miss all the time and when I don't, the damage is low.
    hamstring method, first aid, healing potions and luck with rng? We died liked 5 times and on 6th we down him oh and nature protection potion which protects from 2400 damage of nature.