Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Don't worry, he will realize that it was a waste, in a couple hours of gameplay. Even though he might try not to admit it to himself.

Whirlwind axe is not even that much of an upgrade over the previous weapons in the progression line
    Isn’t everything in WoW technically a waste of time?

And what is fun is subjective. I had an ex girlfriend who only wanted to fish and talk to people in the guild chat. I couldn’t really understand why you only want to do that. But whatever floats your boat.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Grats OP. Though this low effort reddit quality post doesn't really belong here, doesn't lend itself to a discussion.

The replies are embarrassing though. Imagine thinking getting into a group to do group content in a multiplayer game is boosting. I guess no raid has ever been really cleared, it's only been 10+ people just boosting each other.

The salt is real.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

I did and soloed Verigan's fist at lvl 21 or so and loved doing that shit again.
    Though i will do the same with hunter and warrior later on, because i missed those 2 quests.

i wish blizzard could Bring Class quests back, they did it "right" with MoP Lock and Legion.

but with the advent of heirlooms, its meaningless to do it ever again, since looms have higher stats and damage than any blues in any dungeon

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    the amount of jealousy on this topic is really high

OP, gj on your achievement, I got mine monday of last week when I was lvl 32!

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    the amount of jealousy on this topic is really high

OP, gj on your achievement, I got mine monday of last week when I was lvl 32!
    Of all the flavours, and you choose the jealousy one...? Por que?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still debating if I should do the quest at all. I'm leveling sword and board, and that's been fine so far (level 33). Might actually just skip it at this point. I bash enough skulls with my BFA warrior, so I decided to try something different in Classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll be having a heart attack with the amount of salt in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Of all the flavours, and you choose the jealousy one...? Por que?
    I think it's more people angry at the Blog post. The axe is pritty poop. And killing something in wow is hardly a naked dark souls speed run.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I think it's more people angry at the Blog post. The axe is pritty poop. And killing something in wow is hardly a naked dark souls speed run.
    Well, I mean, they're not really wrong? OP left nothing for discussion, but implying that it's jealousy is...not even good enough for basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    As you can read from OP's post he really enjoyed his time while doing the quest. And that's why we play video games... to enjoy our time. Time is not wasted if we enjoy what we do. The reward might not be as meaningful in the long run but that doesn't matter if he had fun.
    I had pretty much this same argument with my friend the other night, This was his first time on a PVP server and he kept getting ganked at lvl 38 by horde. I do fear Whitemane is very imbalanced in Hordes favor at least currently, anyhow he was just ranting in Discord about how he is just wasting time and not getting anything done. Which I calmly replied I said we should swap when I got owned by the Q boss for the first 3 days and he was complaining then he was not going to waste all the time he had spent getting where he was. So I said then what exactly are you complaining about? he thinks too much like retail he is too worried about max level when in fact there are maybe 50-100 Max level characters on our entire server. I just said there is no reason to rush to max level because there are only 2 raids and most max level content does not release until Phase 2-3. He took a break and calmed down and is better now, but most people need to realize that grinding is the game you are never wasting time as long as you are having fun. I am only lvl 26 and don't expect to reach max level until sometime in November and I am totally fine with that.

Ok, so as a fellow warrior, here's what really happened:

1. You wasted hours grinding trolls badly tuned to the level of the quest you picked up.
    2. You wasted more hours grinding elementals, and btw I find it hard to believe you were killing them duo with another level 31 (I was wiping on them with a full 5 man party of level ranges 32-35). You aren't getting those elementals down with just two 31s. Maybe you left the part where a group of 35+ leveled players grinded the mobs for you?
    3. A high level friend killed the elite for you.

Whirlwind weapon is: a) a huge waste of time, b) a quest that you can probably do around level 40 at the lowest, or just get boosted by higher levels (which you did). I'm sure there is some satisfaction in it, but it's a satisfaction akin to being a LFR raider and being boosted through a mythic raid for loot by your friends for free.

Personally I was actually trying to complete the quest, but then at level 35 I just went to SM armory twice and got the Ravager. Then deleted the Cyclonian quest after dinging 37 - best decision of my wow classic life ever.

Enjoy the 5 levels you will spend with this blue axe that you wasted like 10 hours of begging friends to help you on.
    This is some prime, triple A quality salt.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I remember doing this back in Vanilla at around 36, the 40 elite at the end was not "easy", and I had a 60 mage with me with 4/8 Netherwind.

So many salty people here haha, Gz on the axe it really is amazing once you get it mobs get 2 shot at lvl 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    And the journey was epic. The grind behind it was meaningful, I was really motivated to get those tusks from the jungle trolls, even though it took me 3+ hours
    A friend helped me with the cyclone boss and overall it had increased my damage to a very lot. I AM GONNA PLAY MORE CLASSIC NOW )

If grinding trolls, buying mats, and hamstring kiting a mob is "epic" for you than congratulations on that.

I'm glad we have another 'I had fun in Classic WoW" blog post for the collection.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Awesome, I felt similar when I got posions on my Rogue. The game is super fun and rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    If he was higher level than me, then perhaps I would agree, but he was 31 as me. Man people on mmo champ are soo stupid.
    Buying the charms is a way of paying to skip the challenge too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I don't believe for a second you soloed the 38-39 elementals in Arathi Highlands at level 31. If you "soloed" the charms, you probably bought them.

Enjoy the 5 levels you will spend with this blue axe that you wasted like 10 hours of begging friends to help you on.

The WW Axe is hugely overtuned for the level you can acquire it. If you have help or buy the charms and get this thing in your low 30's it's going to last well into the 40's before you find an upgrade. But as some have said no way this guy did it alone at that level. I didn't get an upgrade until I got the gatorbite axe in Mara. (level 48) The Ravager Axe and SM Reward axes are comparable, solo'n I use'd WW in groups I used Ravager and I took the SM Reward sword for tanking.

And with Classic leveling taking as long as it does, this guy just got an OP Axe he'll use for the next week if not more.
    Last edited by Poshadin; 2019-09-09 at 02:09 PM.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyBG View Post
    Still debating if I should do the quest at all. I'm leveling sword and board, and that's been fine so far (level 33). Might actually just skip it at this point. I bash enough skulls with my BFA warrior, so I decided to try something different in Classic.
    I was sword and board as well, if you can hang on a little longer you can do the SM quest for the 1hander which is 30 dps. The shield drops in cathedral as well and requires level 39. quest + shield at 39 + shield slam at 40 makes for a huge boost of power with the prot tree.

GRATZ Retrogame.

Truly an awesome weapon to have and especially at 31. For those thinking this cannot be a discussion thread... there are many guides out there on what and where to go to obtain this weapon. I found this one and will definitely be helping my warrior friend (and he for my warrior alt).