Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I like them but that clipping is just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I like them but that clipping is just terrible.
    Agreed, that clipping is terrible. I doubt anything would look good on them as a result. I've personally never been able to play as anything but Human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    snip.
    I assume you want to sub for the free species? If so their website says you don't need to subscribe till just before launch, straight from the TOR website "To unlock the playable Nautolan species, be a Subscriber at any time between September 1st at 12:01AM GMT and October 22nd at 11:59PM GMT. "

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I assume you want to sub for the free species? If so their website says you don't need to subscribe till just before launch, straight from the TOR website "To unlock the playable Nautolan species, be a Subscriber at any time between September 1st at 12:01AM GMT and October 22nd at 11:59PM GMT. "
    yeah, read that earlier today.

i'd like to get the whole expansion free though. doesn't seem to say anything about that, but i remember there being a cut off point for getting the revan expansion free. so i've been trying to watch and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Agreed, that clipping is terrible. I doubt anything would look good on them as a result. I've personally never been able to play as anything but Human.
    I'm sure like the Togruta and Twi'lek, head gear is out completely but gamers that are trying to go for a certain look will have to watch out for anything that has a collar of any significance.

They will likely also have to look out for anything that has certain shoulder pad graphics.

5+ Year Old Account
    Chiss master race.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    AFAIK if you're subbed at any point after the launch of the expansion you will get the expansion. Whether that be a day after or years after. If you sub right now you get everything that's been released up to this point so I imagine it will continue being that way going forward.
    This.

Seems to be their policy moving forward, subbing gets you all content released up until the time you sub. I imagine they'll handle it similar to KotET, with subsequent updates being for subscribers only unless you wait for it all to come out and then sub up.

It's actually super player friendly, and if anything they could stand to turn up the monetization heat there a little bit to take pressure off other areas (ARTIFACT AUTHORIZATION CAN DIAF).

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's out

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    (ARTIFACT AUTHORIZATION CAN DIAF).
    The worst part of not subbing. I hated that I could not get the group quest gear boxes without being subbed. It was stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    So it's out

Any thoughts?
    Rolled a Nautolan. They look pretty cool.

I like the changes to Utilities.

The new Character panel/inventory will take some getting used to, but I will.

LOVE the new Amplfiers. Great idea. I'm just not sure how they'll work with adaptive gear... tied to armouring/hilt/barrel maybe?

Not been to the new planets yet, because my highest level character has only just finished Shadow of Revan, lol...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The new mats inventory is a god send!

It cleared 3 bank bays and half my characters inventory panels. That alone was worth the xpac! lol

I have hardly touched it though. I was getting disconnected every 10 minutes when i was on and later on the servers went on maintenance.

The server was packed. Most players i've seen in the game in a long time. There were 8 instances of the empire fleet when i logged in. I hope it will stabilize soon though.

Played through all the new content in about 2 hours. The best part is after the final dungeon. I don't know why they even added XP as you hit max level after about 5-6 quests. There are enough changes to the core gameplay that will keep me around for a bit to see how it develops though, but man, I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Played through all the new content in about 2 hours. The best part is after the final dungeon. I don't know why they even added XP as you hit max level after about 5-6 quests. There are enough changes to the core gameplay that will keep me around for a bit to see how it develops though, but man, I'm not holding my breath.
    to get you started on the gear boxes grind with a new renown system.

that said, I'm currently in part too busy with other mmo's and in part - too miffed with new credit costs and 3.3 times higher conquest goals :/ for one brief moment, I was enjoying conquests again and playing alts for them.... and then.. they had to go and do... this :/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    to get you started on the gear boxes grind with a new renown system.

that said, I'm currently in part too busy with other mmo's and in part - too miffed with new credit costs and 3.3 times higher conquest goals :/ for one brief moment, I was enjoying conquests again and playing alts for them.... and then.. they had to go and do... this :/
    I believe the contribution of each of the achievements was increased as well.

So, while it's a bit harder, before the patch you could get your personal goal complete by just doing one operation. It was way too easy for the rewards you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I believe the contribution of each of the achievements was increased as well.

So, while it's a bit harder, before the patch you could get your personal goal complete by just doing one operation. It was way too easy for the rewards you got.
    then they should have reduced the operation contribution instead of increasing the goal overall, IMO. whenever I come back to play, i come back solo. 90% of my conquest points would come from some combination of story quests, dailies and mob deaths as I was doing aforementioned quests or dailies (the other 10 percent would be conquest achievements from above which would often end up being incidental and not particularly large either). its going to be a heck of a lot harder to hit those minimums now with my playstyle.

As someone who only plays for the story 90% of the time, I was actually really pleased. Only played loyal Sith Assassin, but man, was it satisfying to not only be able to get your former Sith status back in action, but also to just off the dude who took your seat in the Dark Council. I'm really glad this whole Commander things seems to be over now.

Have to say, this hardly felt like an expansion, though. This could have been a regular content patch, size wise. But I take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    then they should have reduced the operation contribution instead of increasing the goal overall, IMO. whenever I come back to play, i come back solo. 90% of my conquest points would come from some combination of story quests, dailies and mob deaths as I was doing aforementioned quests or dailies (the other 10 percent would be conquest achievements from above which would often end up being incidental and not particularly large either). its going to be a heck of a lot harder to hit those minimums now with my playstyle.
    Have you tried it yet? Before the patch that gave conquest from any kill, i would get conquest done just doing the Ossus dailies and a few warzones. I am expecting it to be on the same ballpark.
    I haven't played through the xpac, so i will let you know when i do conquest if you don't do it first.

I have several thousands cartel coins that have built up over the last few years, so I went and started a new character and bought the masters datacron. I hit 72 on the capital planet and already getting 258-260+ stuff from doing the first story flashpoint. I imagine ill hit cap and start farming renown before the end of the first chapter, kind of curious how geared ill be just by playing catchup with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Rolled a Nautolan. They look pretty cool.

I like the changes to Utilities.

The new Character panel/inventory will take some getting used to, but I will.

LOVE the new Amplfiers. Great idea. I'm just not sure how they'll work with adaptive gear... tied to armouring/hilt/barrel maybe?

Not been to the new planets yet, because my highest level character has only just finished Shadow of Revan, lol...
    As long as you have a character of the rig hlevel, you don't have to finish the previous story arcs, you just go to your ship console or whatever and start the mission. Or, like the Knights of the XX stories, you should automatically get teh quest and just need to hit "Launch" on the quest either in your log or on your on-screen quest tracker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I don't even know how that's possible without skipping half the cutscenes or whatever, skipping all side quests, and ignoring everything but the main story arc. I played for about 2-3 hours yesterday and barely finished Onderon.

As long as you have a character of the rig hlevel, you don't have to finish the previous story arcs, you just go to your ship console or whatever and start the mission. Or, like the Knights of the XX stories, you should automatically get teh quest and just need to hit "Launch" on the quest either in your log or on your on-screen quest tracker.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even know how that's possible without skipping half the cutscenes or whatever, skipping all side quests, and ignoring everything but the main story arc. I played for about 2-3 hours yesterday and barely finished Onderon.
    Didn't skip or spacebar anything. Not sure what to say on your end either, I can't imagine spending 3 hours on the first planet. I didn't go out of my way for a few of the side quests, thats true, but those are generally pretty vapid anyhow so they are rarely worth the time.