Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I had pretty much this same argument with my friend the other night, This was his first time on a PVP server and he kept getting ganked at lvl 38 by horde. I do fear Whitemane is very imbalanced in Hordes favor at least currently, anyhow he was just ranting in Discord about how he is just wasting time and not getting anything done. Which I calmly replied I said we should swap when I got owned by the Q boss for the first 3 days and he was complaining then he was not going to waste all the time he had spent getting where he was. So I said then what exactly are you complaining about? he thinks too much like retail he is too worried about max level when in fact there are maybe 50-100 Max level characters on our entire server. I just said there is no reason to rush to max level because there are only 2 raids and most max level content does not release until Phase 2-3. He took a break and calmed down and is better now, but most people need to realize that grinding is the game you are never wasting time as long as you are having fun. I am only lvl 26 and don't expect to reach max level until sometime in November and I am totally fine with that.
    Exactly. I'm also not worried about getting to max level right away. I get there someday and just enjoy the travel meanwhile.

Also, when I'm getting ganked I'm just reminding myself that the ganker is wasting his own time as much as I am :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    This is some prime, triple A quality salt.

Jesus fucking Christ.
    Exactly. I'm not sure why people feel the need to crap on other people's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    And the journey was epic. The grind behind it was meaningful, I was really motivated to get those tusks from the jungle trolls, even though it took me 3+ hours
    A friend helped me with the cyclone boss and overall it had increased my damage to a very lot. I AM GONNA PLAY MORE CLASSIC NOW )

What is your point? Every warrior gets it at 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    If he was higher level than me, then perhaps I would agree, but he was 31 as me. Man people on mmo champ are soo stupid.
    Does that include you?
    If you don't like people here then why post here at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    I was sword and board as well, if you can hang on a little longer you can do the SM quest for the 1hander which is 30 dps. The shield drops in cathedral as well and requires level 39. quest + shield at 39 + shield slam at 40 makes for a huge boost of power with the prot tree.
    Thanks for the tips! I'll just keep at it then. :P

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    If grinding trolls, buying mats, and hamstring kiting a mob is "epic" for you than congratulations on that.

I'm glad we have another 'I had fun in Classic WoW" blog post for the collection.
    And how much Artifact power did you grind today? <golfclaps>

He and others, (including myself) are having a blast playing Classic. It's an epic adventure because we are immersed in the amazing fantasy world of Azeroth. Things are slower here... and takes patience.. an actual skill/character trait benefits us in the real world. A skill that some modern players are clueless about.

The OP is excited about getting an awesome weapon....and should be rightly proud of his accomplishment. Despite your attempts to diminish them... Making the leveling process easier for the next 10 levels is something he will notice, significantly.

I understand how modern players feel that doing anything to earn something in game is a waste of time... but for those that play Classic... nothign is a waste of time.. it's playing a fun game, having a blast, and getting real feelings of achievement. Woo Hoo!

So many party poopers in here. Just let him enjoy it lol.

This thread could easily have been ignored or at the most have a few "why was this needed" or "grats" posts, but pretty much every one of you decided to be the biggest assholes about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

He and others, (including myself) are having a blast playing Classic. It's an epic adventure because we are immersed in the amazing fantasy world of Azeroth. Things are slower here... and takes patience.. an actual skill/character trait benefits us in the real world. A skill that some modern players are clueless about.

The OP is excited about getting an awesome weapon....and should be rightly proud of his accomplishment. Despite your attempts to diminish them... Making the leveling process easier for the next 10 levels is something he will notice, significantly.

I understand how modern players feel that doing anything to earn something in game is a waste of time... but for those that play Classic... nothign is a waste of time.. it's playing a fun game, having a blast, and getting real feelings of achievement. Woo Hoo!
    All I read is "mOdErN pLaYeRs bAd durr ba durr durr me good!"

Please stop making classic players look like they got dropped as a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    All I read is "mOdErN pLaYeRs bAd durr ba durr durr me good!"

Please stop making classic players look like they got dropped as a baby.
    And right there is the problem. My post didn't even infer that BfA players are bad. I don't know what drives you to read everything as a slam to you and your game. You have BfA.. go forth and play it, have fun, and be happy others can play whatever game they want and have fun.

Now if, for some reason, you don;t get as excited about BfA, and are a little envious of Classic players and how much fun they are having... I suggest, in the most humble way, that you give Classic a try. You can play both ya know. CLassic is just a different game altogether.

You may not enjoy it... and you may have an absolute BLAST... you really have nothing to lose as if you play BfA... playing Classic costs you nothing.

And right there is the problem. My post didn't even infer that BfA players are bad. I don't know what drives you to read everything as a slam to you and your game. You have BfA.. go forth and play it, have fun, and be happy others can play whatever game they want and have fun.

Now if, for some reason, you don;t get as excited about BfA, and are a little envious of Classic players and how much fun they are having... I suggest, in the most humble way, that you give Classic a try. You can play both ya know. CLassic is just a different game altogether.

You may not enjoy it... and you may have an absolute BLAST... you really have nothing to lose as if you play BfA... playing Classic costs you nothing.
    I've been playing this game since vanilla and currently playing classic.

Just stop acting like it was the 2nd coming of the christ and that it somehow makes you a better person.

10+ Year Old Account
    And right there is the problem. My post didn't even infer that BfA players are bad. I don't know what drives you to read everything as a slam to you and your game. <snip>
    ........ 2 posts earlier......

*headdesk*
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    As you can read from OP's post he really enjoyed his time while doing the quest. And that's why we play video games... to enjoy our time. Time is not wasted if we enjoy what we do. The reward might not be as meaningful in the long run but that doesn't matter if he had fun.
    No sir, you are wrong. My opinion is right and you will be FORCED to agree with me! Who plays games for fun nowadays? Psh.

It's sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    So many party poopers in here. Just let him enjoy it lol.
    Na man, that's ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Ok, so as a fellow warrior, here's what really happened:

1. You wasted hours grinding trolls badly tuned to the level of the quest you picked up.
    2. You wasted more hours grinding elementals, and btw I find it hard to believe you were killing them duo with another level 31 (I was wiping on them with a full 5 man party of level ranges 32-35). You aren't getting those elementals down with just two 31s. Maybe you left the part where a group of 35+ leveled players grinded the mobs for you?
    3. A high level friend killed the elite for you.

Whirlwind weapon is: a) a huge waste of time, b) a quest that you can probably do around level 40 at the lowest, or just get boosted by higher levels (which you did). I'm sure there is some satisfaction in it, but it's a satisfaction akin to being a LFR raider and being boosted through a mythic raid for loot by your friends for free.

Personally I was actually trying to complete the quest, but then at level 35 I just went to SM armory twice and got the Ravager. Then deleted the Cyclonian quest after dinging 37 - best decision of my wow classic life ever.

Enjoy the 5 levels you will spend with this blue axe that you wasted like 10 hours of begging friends to help you on.
    first time i did whirwind quest it was epic man. but now on classic, i'm like, eh, not that big a deal.

i envy people who can still get that kind of enjoyment out of classic.

Don't worry, he will realize that it was a waste, in a couple hours of gameplay. Even though he might try not to admit it to himself.
    Anything you do in WoW is a "waste of time". That's literally the purpose of the game.

Any weapon you get in the latest raid will be replaced in the next raid. Any item you get from Mythic+ will have a slightly better version in the next patch. Everything you do this expansion will be completely "useless" by the next expansion. Only cosmetics are arguably rewarding in the long term, and even 99% of those you'll probably never touch again, and in the end they're just one in an ocean of hundreds.

The only thing you really take from the game is the fun you have and the friendships you make or explore while playing.

It also greatly depends on his playstyle and situation, not everyone is running dungeons over and over again and he might not get Ravager as quickly as others did. Even if he does, it still feels rewarding. After all it's a level 30 quest. It's not supposed to reward something that will last forever.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2019-09-09 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, he will realize that it was a waste, in a couple hours of gameplay. Even though he might try not to admit it to himself.

Whirlwind axe is not even that much of an upgrade over the previous weapons in the progression line
    You really have that retail mentality eh? you do know Classic is considered as retro game and mostly we play it for fun not for min/max upgrade stuff.

People like you is the main reason why we have toxic community in WoW really. NOT everything is about math and min/max really for god sake if he is enjoying himself why are you trying so hard to discredit his enjoyment or try to be negative for the sake of being negative.

And if you wanna talk about min/max stuff then here you goes:

Actually the whirlwind axe is better than Ravager axe, yes Ravager axe has more dmg but WW axe has better stats and sometimes the bladestorm gimmick in Ravager can be a handicap rather than something good. Ravager is better in aoe because of the bladestorm. Also WW axe easily can carry you to level 40 so if you get it in lvl 30 then that is 10 levels which is a lot.

To all the "everything in the game is a waste of time" people...no, not really. Or I guess you could say there are levels to the waste of time. Yes, you eventually upgrade any weapon, but whirlwind axe is hidden behind a 10 hour quest that you can't complete realistically at level 30 unless you're getting boosted. Sure, ww axe is an upgrade then, but compared to time investment it's not worth it. Maybe except cases where you get fully boosted by a high level party, in which case it's nothing to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    You really have that retail mentality eh? you do know Classic is considered as retro game and mostly we play it for fun not for min/max upgrade stuff.

People like you is the main reason why we have toxic community in WoW really. NOT everything is about math and min/max really for god sake if he is enjoying himself why are you trying so hard to discredit his enjoyment or try to be negative for the sake of being negative.
    Nothing about me is toxic man, for example I don't go insulting people for pointing out obvious things.
    As for my posts in this thread, the OP posted this on a forum, so I assumed he was interested in some kind of a discussion. I guess not.

And if you wanna talk about min/max stuff then here you goes:

Actually the whirlwind axe is better than Ravager axe, yes Ravager axe has more dmg but WW axe has better stats and sometimes the bladestorm gimmick in Ravager can be a handicap rather than something good. Ravager is better in aoe because of the bladestorm. Also WW axe easily can carry you to level 40 so if you get it in lvl 30 then that is 10 levels which is a lot.
    It seems you are the one with "retail mentality" after all if you think that stats on a warrior weapon matter more than weapon damage.

Congrats OP. The WW axe is a pain to get and always an accomplishment.

Also congrats on discovering that the MMO champ community is well, sad mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Cool blog post.
    Much thanks for bumping it so I could see it! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    To all the "everything in the game is a waste of time" people...no, not really. Or I guess you could say there are levels to the waste of time. Yes, you eventually upgrade any weapon, but whirlwind axe is hidden behind a 10 hour quest that you can't complete realistically at level 30 unless you're getting boosted. Sure, ww axe is an upgrade then, but compared to time investment it's not worth it. Maybe except cases where you get fully boosted by a high level party, in which case it's nothing to brag about.

Nothing about me is toxic man, for example I don't go insulting people for pointing out obvious things.
    As for my posts in this thread, the OP posted this on a forum, so I assumed he was interested in some kind of a discussion. I guess not.

It seems you are the one with "retail mentality" after all if you think that stats on a warrior weapon matter more than weapon damage.
    Not everything in this forum is about discussion some people love to express their fun and loving moments like when others link achievements here or platinum in ps4. Not everything is about discussion or have to be discussion you know?

Strength stats are very important compare to retail WoW. It was you who care about stats read my previous post. I only went with the stats and min/max to humor you but in my case if someone is having fun farming or grinding then let them be? who the how are you to tell them "Hey good job wasting your time bla bla" who the fuck do you think you are really? telling people how to play their own game? just let the man enjoy his time even if he is doing nothing but killing murlocs you got what I mean?

Ok, so as a fellow warrior, here's what really happened:

1. You wasted hours grinding trolls badly tuned to the level of the quest you picked up.
    2. You wasted more hours grinding elementals, and btw I find it hard to believe you were killing them duo with another level 31 (I was wiping on them with a full 5 man party of level ranges 32-35). You aren't getting those elementals down with just two 31s. Maybe you left the part where a group of 35+ leveled players grinded the mobs for you?
    3. A high level friend killed the elite for you.

Whirlwind weapon is: a) a huge waste of time, b) a quest that you can probably do around level 40 at the lowest, or just get boosted by higher levels (which you did). I'm sure there is some satisfaction in it, but it's a satisfaction akin to being a LFR raider and being boosted through a mythic raid for loot by your friends for free.

Personally I was actually trying to complete the quest, but then at level 35 I just went to SM armory twice and got the Ravager. Then deleted the Cyclonian quest after dinging 37 - best decision of my wow classic life ever.

Enjoy the 5 levels you will spend with this blue axe that you wasted like 10 hours of begging friends to help you on.
    Min max mentality at its best.

Min maxing in a RPGs is for people who actually dont enjoy RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Min max mentality at its best.

Min maxing in a RPGs is for people who actually dont enjoy RPG's.
    Indeed unfortunately these kind of people are the main reason why current WoW community is so annoying and toxic and the invention of "Link log or no invite mentality"

This is one of the main reasons why I enjoy classic more because people are allowed to play and enjoy themselves even with the so called subpar not optimal specs and just messing around with their talents.