View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iDruid View Post
    But the rogue is entitled to my healing? The Mage's food? The Warlock's summon? The Paladin's Buff? Rogues bring NOTHING of utility to a raid except lock picking. The least they can do is provide something of value.
    Lol you're new aren't you? Rogues are among the top, if not the top, dps in the game. Your healing is just as important or less important the rogue's dps. Also they provide tons of cc to small groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    False.

10 chars
    So on skinning... only skinners would be able to roll, but on locked chests, everyone should roll? That's strange and makes zero logical sense. Can you explain your reasoning?

You CAN need on lootboxes. But don't be surprised if word spreads around your server that you ninja that shit and stop getting invited to runs. Classic: Where reputation actually means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Adviceanon View Post
    Lmao did you even read my post. Do you think a retail baby knows what flask of the titans is?
    Flask of the Titans is a recipe that drops from ONE NPC in the entire game. Using it as a way to justify rogues being assholes about locked chests is ridiculous. As I said, it's cool. Either I'm wrong and the rogues get away with their shitty habits or I'm right and those rogues are fucked on their servers. Regardless of the outcome, I now know I need to be much more careful about my group when a rogue is present.

As a Rogue, I would unlock a locked chest in a dungeon for the winner of a /random. I couldn't open it without the help of my group getting me there. It just seems incredibly selfish otherwise.

Mages do have to pay to give people in the party food, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. not everyone can make use of skins, usually people who have skinning actually use the skins, while randoms in dungeons dont.
    2. you dont bring a skinner cause they are a skinner, but you bring a rogue cause they are a rogue
    3. because skinning does not drop gear.
    Everything boils down to money. It's just a cash grab. You can buy my loot if I don't want it. Just like with skinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Adviceanon View Post
    Are you going to open it if the rogue won't?
    So you expect the group to help get the reward and then not share the reward?

Just kick the rogues that ninja, you literally don't need any rogues for endgame, you can have all rogues on a blacklist and just replace them with superior Warriors for melee, more DPS AND Utility with shouts and off-tanks if needed. They should be thankful to even have a group since they bring DPS, and nothing else, no buffs, no utility they are extremely low priority for pve. Just throwing in some facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    more often than not the person who can unlock it does ask if people would like to roll on it. That's them being nice and is appreciated.
    That's the point. I appreciate it to. The entitlement based solely off the ability to open it is absurd. Every member of the party contributed to obtaining the chest whether it be lockpick skill, a skeleton key, killing the mobs guarding it, tanking, healing, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I understand how the poll works, I'm just not sure if you're using it to combat people who think locked chests are ok for Rogues/Enigneers/BS to open?
    I'm not really 'combatting' anyone. I think rogues should realize they're part of the group and everyone should roll on both boxes and chests and the rogue should open either, regardless of who wins. Why? Because the rogue is part of a team and teams work together, not just each for themselves. Too many people here are selfish and, yes, entitled. Just out for themselves. They can do this in retail because they will never see anyone in that PUG ever again. I think they'll get a crappy rep on most servers if they work with this attitude in Classic since your source of PUGs is that server and no other.

Is the loot in the boxes/chests really that important? No. But you can't say "Geez, people, why do you care if the rogue gets some pots and a meh green?" without turning that around - "Hey rogue, why are you so insistent it's your loot if it's only some pots and a green"?

Think about it this way - if you're all "this is the rogue's loot and the rest of you can fuck off"... would you have that same attitude if it was 4 friends in the group? 4 guildies? No? Why do it with others then? Right... because you can get away with it... except this isn't retail and word will spread if you do it a lot.

Ultimately, for me, it's not about the loot. It's about the kind of person I want to run with and selfish assholes don't make that cut.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-09-09 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    If you're really bothered, you could require that they make the attempt in front of you, so that you can see the animation fail, or maybe even require a screesnhot of the error message, how far before the value is less than the effort? Surely not for a chest in SFK would we do this right?
    The way around that is to let the lockpick channel 3/4 of the way and then cancel with Esc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Well now I know to kick a rogue out of the party that says this at the end of the dungeon then reset the instance
    You do you, boo. Doesn't affect me. I don't play a Rogue in Classic. Just offering a viable strategy for those who wish to keep their chest heists a secret.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    The way around that is to let the lockpick channel 3/4 of the way and then cancel with Esc.

You do you, boo. Doesn't affect me. I don't play a Rogue in Classic. Just offering a viable strategy for those who wish to keep their chest heists a secret.
    Maybe instead of enabling their shitty behavior you should be admonishing it. Just a thought.

As a Rogue I just offer who ever wins the lockbox to open it for them.

For locked chests I take everything except for green or blue items, which are rolled for. If no one needs, I take em or let them be disenchanted and roll for the shard. NEVER been a problem with that in a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Maybe instead of enabling their shitty behavior you should be admonishing it. Just a thought.
    Where's the fun in that? Rogues are thieves; expect things to go.missing with them around. It's irrelevant loot most of the time. Let them have their Ocean's Eleven moment.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last week it was layering and this week its lock boxes that people are complaining over. What will be the hot button issues in a week or months time. Maybe Blizzard needs to hotfix lock boxes or just outright remove them from the content. This community is beginning to sound a lot like people I been reading and hearing from for more than 12 years now. How pathetic can people get? How selfish can people chose to be? How sad that this Classic thing was suppose to bring the best out of the community that have stated why that many choose not to play retail today or Vanilla did not have the same problems from a community standpoint from the very beginning. I started at the beginning of BC, and frankly, I am not seeing a whole a lot of difference from the community I started with here.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Where's the fun in that? Rogues are thieves; expect things to go.missing with them around. It's irrelevant loot most of the time. Let them have their Ocean's Eleven moment.
    That is pretty much the only excuse I'd be happy with, as I'm on an RP server.

I'd still react the same way with an "avoid this character" but I'd respect the player for RPing properly - rather than assuming the player is opportunistic and douchey, I know it's just they've chosen to play a character who happens to be opportunistic and douchey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

And said Skill can be nullified by a profession. Just because it's class specific doesn't change anything.

Also just FYI for everyone in this thread, I'm that Shaman who's running around ~level 30 who sees a dead body and revives it because the run is so far, and I don't ask for water in return to get back my ~500 mana, instead I /tickle and run away. I don't feel entitled to things because of an off chance there's a locked chest and a rogue/bs/engi in ym group. Screw it they can choose what to do with it.

Feeling entitled to a locked chest just because you happen to have someone who took the time to level their skills in the group with you is being entitled. The person who earned the right to open it, is not being entitled to open it and keep the stuff, they earned it. You would have cleared that dungeon anyways, quit strawmanning.
    Entitled? You mean like some of the rogues in this thread? Cuts both ways.

FYI, I heal people and help for free all the time, that isn't what this is about. So you can step off your heavenly high horse.

Nullified by a profession? Well, I guess rogues can use first aid from now on, they aren't entitled to my heals/taunts!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    And you don't get tips standing on the bank offering free heals either. Horrible analogy.
    Not really, he was demanding tips for unlocking things in dungeons? Well no one tips the healer or tank ( in this game) for doing their class related skills soooo

Horrible reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    Last week it was layering and this week its lock boxes that people are complaining over. What will be the hot button issues in a week or months time. Maybe Blizzard needs to hotfix lock boxes or just outright remove them from the content. This community is beginning to sound a lot like people I been reading and hearing from for more than 12 years now. How pathetic can people get? How selfish can people chose to be? How sad that this Classic thing was suppose to bring the best out of the community that have stated why that many choose not to play retail today or Vanilla did not have the same problems from a community standpoint from the very beginning. I started at the beginning of BC, and frankly, I am not seeing a whole a lot of difference from the community I started with here.
    The vast majority of the community agrees that the loot should be shared, I'm really not sure what you are complaining about? That someone asked a philosophical question at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Locked chests are not rogue only property. Engineers and Blacksmiths can open them as well and being a rogue doesn't put any claim on it. The people who claim this are the ones you want to not group with.
    I don't want to group with people that think they deserve things without being able to access them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Blessings and utility spells are Paladin property. If a DPS thinks I'm BoPing them to keep them from dying they're retarded LUL. I'm not gonna enter in group content and use my specific class abilities to assist the group, they're just for me.
    Try flying that argument with herbalists and miners and skinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I don't want to group with people that think they deserve things without being able to access them.

- - - Updated - - -

Try flying that argument with herbalists and miners and skinners.
    Thats not a comparable argument. Please google "false equivalency" so you can figure out where you went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Getting to the locked chest is a team effort. So the team should roll for the loot.

The same for bosses, you wont down the boss without a healer, you wont down it without a tank, and you wont down it without enough dps.

Everyone has a key role to fill. Trying to capitalize on it should be a swift removal from the group for the person trying to take advantage.
    Does your argument still hold true for miners, herbalists, and skinners?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I play a rogue and call bullshit on this. Generally the group rolls and I unlock the chest for the winner.
    Do they also roll for Thorium?