View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That's not an answer. What do you think is wrong with the deal?

How can you judge that the current deal is terrible if you do not have an idea what a suitable deal would be?
    I'm not paid to judge the deal, I could find a hundred things wrong with it and it's irrelevant.

Why do you need me to say why I dislike it when there's bipartisan agreement it sucks. What answer do you need from me?

I am getting the feeling that the government think that they have found a flaw in with the extension act and that will be able to get around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question for the British seriously why not just leave?

I think Brexit is stupid too but isn’t it better to just rip off the band aid and get it done?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm not paid to judge the deal, I could find a hundred things wrong with it and it's irrelevant.

Why do you need me to say why I dislike it when there's bipartisan agreement it sucks. What answer do you need from me?
    Do you need to be paid to have an opinion on political matters? You said that the deal was terrible yet you've not offered a single reason why and twice avoided giving an answer.

I simply want to know what you think would be an acceptable deal. What deal do you think the government could realistically negotiate that would be acceptable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I think Brexit is stupid too but isn’t it better to just rip off the band aid and get it done?
    Because parliament, like the whole of the UK, is completely divided and will not let us leave without a deal nor will it approve the only deal available.

Have you ever heard of the IRA and the Troubles?

Better question, would you rip off the band aid if somebody with credibility and experience told you a strong cancerous growth the band-aid was put over to help you heal from in the first place would reform if you do rip it off?

Because the referendum was the equivalent of asking the family: "Should we stay home or go somewhere for the summer vacation?" Unexpectedly the family said "go somewhere" and now they are trying to figure out what that means. Leave was really a stupendously vague option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need to be paid to have an opinion on political matters? You said that the deal was terrible yet you've not offered a single reason why and twice avoided giving an answer.

I simply want to know what you think would be an acceptable deal. What deal do you think the government could realistically negotiate that would be acceptable?

- - - Updated - - -

Because parliament, like the whole of the UK, is completely divided and will not let us leave without a deal nor will it approve the only deal available.
    I've already answered that if I knew what an acceptable deal was I would have voted leave, I don't know what is an acceptable deal for parliament to pass because I'm not in Parliament.

I don't think there is an acceptable deal for both sides, if I did, I'd sell it to Boris Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Because the referendum was the equivalent of asking the family: "Should we stay home or go somewhere for the summer vacation?" Unexpectedly the family said "go somewhere" and now they are trying to figure out what that means. Leave was really a stupendously vague option.
    Except they're not home, but at a friends party in winter time.
    Now the UK family has insulted every guest, shouted how the party was lame, but is arguing among itself in front of the house because in reality the party was more fun than going home with an empty fridge and no music. All while keeping the door open and letting the cold come in for every other guest.
    Everybody suffers. Just because UK.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Have you ever heard of the IRA and the Troubles?
    The backstop is supposed to avoid such a situation.

Whilst there will be unionists and republicans who will use situation to their evil means and there will be sectarian violence I feel that a return to the troubles is not likely. The world is a very different place post 9/11 it is now much more difficult for terrorists to get their hands on funds and it is simply not possible for would be terrorists to pop over to middle eastern training camps like in the 80s and 90s.

Before I get jumped on that is not say that we should ignore the history of Ireland or the potential for a return to violence simply because it will not be as bad as before nor should we recklessly rush into anything that puts the fragile peace at risk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I don't think you quite got what I was saying.

When there is a Democratic President, if a Democratic Senator puts up a bill that will limit the power of Presidents, Republicans then and there would vote for it. They'll suddenly rediscover their republican (small r) values.

Our system will be reformed because a Democratic House will deal with a Republican Senate to put new rules that reign in the powers of the executive that a Democratic President is then occupying. It's the only way it happens, because Republicans will never do it with a sitting Republican President.

But to potentially restrain a Democratic one? Yeah they'll jump at that. Democrats will be doing the right thing for the right reason, while Republicans the right thing for the wrong.

That clear it up?
    Got it. Doubt it too. But maybe Trump was enough of a wakeup call.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I've already answered that if I knew what an acceptable deal was I would have voted leave, I don't know what is an acceptable deal for parliament to pass because I'm not in Parliament.

I don't think there is an acceptable deal for both sides, if I did, I'd sell it to Boris Johnson.
    That is a non-answer. Why can't a remainer have an opinion on what deal is acceptable? It seems very odd to think that this is the sole domain of the leave side - after all we all have to live with whatever deal is or is not agreed.

OK, fair enough - I agree btw. But what do we do? How do we get out of this mess? Parliament have the power - what should they do? Or is it enough just to point fingers at the government when we crash out?

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Hmmmm seems to be alot of #Grabbag ads coming up making people aware they should have a emergency bag ready for emergency situations. Coincidence?
    Yeah, very odd?!? Have a cookie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think we are well over a chance for a deal to be acceptable to everyone. Your best bet is finding a deal that is the least bad
    Check this poll: https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...n-voter-brexit
    I think May did many, many things wrong but her biggest failing is that she failed to sell the reality of Brexit - that there isn't a good deal, every single option has significant drawbacks and that it will need compromise to find the least worst deal - to MPs and the public.

Thanks for that link, I went looking for it when you mentioned last night but couldn't find the exact poll.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-09-09 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a non-answer. Why can't a remainer have an opinion on what deal is acceptable? It seems very odd to think that this is the sole domain of the leave side - after all we all have to live with whatever deal is or is not agreed.

OK, fair enough - I agree btw. But what do we do? How do we get out of this mess? Parliament have the power - what should they do? Or is it enough just to point fingers at the government when we crash out?
    I don't think it's the sole domain, both sides need to come to an agreement. They never will. So I'll repeat what I've said every time. If I knew what an acceptable deal was, I'd have voted leave.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we are well over a chance for a deal to be acceptable to everyone. Your best bet is finding a deal that is the least bad
    Check this poll: https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...n-voter-brexit
    There never really was an acceotable deal for everyone, too soft and Fromage and Co lose the plot, too hard and Lib dems lose the plot.

The sad part is, even if a government went for this least bad option, it would take months to negotiate it. And I am entirely unsure that the people who voted in the poll understand that that option comes with Freedom of Movement.
    Do you mean least worst in the YouGov poll, CU and SM membership? Because I am not sure that that option is better than May's deal my personal feeling is that we give up too many benefits of EU membership but retain too many of the constraints, don't get me wrong I think economically it would be better but I think that if we are going to remain in the CU and SM we should remain completely. Nor do I think it would not to acceptable to many leave voters.

To me May's deal, whilst not what I want, is the best compromise.

- - - Updated - - -

Not them ads you patronising sod, Alert messages across phones from all districts in the country.
    Yeah, when you go looking at a police force's twitter feed they tend to offer advice about things like that. To be honest I am not sure that making sure you always have clothes or shoes is particularly relevant to Brexit.

I'd say that May's deal is the second best with the original EU proposal giving the UK considerably more freedom to pursue its options.

I never actually it's other people who have reported multiples of these being posted lately but as usual you carry on as a patronising know it all....
    Well when other people go looking at police force's twitter feeds they will find such advice (Kent police do have Brexit related information on their twitter feed if you are interested) and apparently share it with you. I will... thank very much!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say that May's deal is the second best with the original EU proposal giving the UK considerably more freedom to pursue its options.
    I'm not so sure, it is a trade off between economic prosperity and the integrity of the Union - I suppose it depends on what you value more.

So now French MPs are apparently talking about the possibility of a 2 year extension. At least that would mean guaranteed employment for Farage.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not so sure, it is a trade off between economic prosperity and the integrity of the Union - I suppose it depends on what you value more.
    The NI voted to stay and as far as a theoretical break-up of the Union that was agreed upon with the signing of the GFA. You might not like it but the NI does have the right to go if they want to.

So now French MPs are apparently talking about the possibility of a 2 year extension. At least that would mean guaranteed employment for Farage.
    What? Seriously? That takes us well into the next EU budget, surely that can't have a chance of getting past the rest of the EU27?

The NI voted to stay and as far as a theoretical break-up of the Union that was agreed upon with the signing of the GFA. You might not like it but the NI does have the right to go if they want to.
    You are over simplifying things to the extreme. The GFA is supposed to smooth the way to a peaceful and orderly reunification of the Republic and the North when both countries are ready.

I guess you could see the 2+ year extension as away to put pressure on the UK parliament: If the extension is not for Jan 31st, Parliament must vote on whether to accept that. The prospect of the flak they would face over such a decision might just make the WA seem a lot more palatable.

It would either way allow the EU to put aside the perpetual Brexit questions for a while.

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/fran...re-evaluation/