Poll: Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    everyone knows they're just gonna wheel the REAL aliens to area 52 in case we succeed!

This is all a joke... right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it’s not as if they can stop everyone right. They wouldn’t use lethal force on everyone.

600,000 would be too many hypothetically
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I mean of course the US has advanced weapons. That isn't really a discussion. It isn't Sci-fi though, it is just expensive tech. And like the hypothetical "slightly less reflective paint" that I mentioned earlier, most of it would probably seem really boring if you did discover it. However the fact that you discovered it could seriously damage national security.

Let's take some tech that is almost certainly at Groom Lake right now. The B-21 Raider. The whole plane is probably not built yet, but there are probably some technology demonstrators working out the kinks in some of the subsystems. The demonstrators probably look really dumb, like a Boeing 737 with a Stealth Engine bolted on the side so they can run it through air tests or something. This isn't exactly exciting for your average anime nerd, but a picture of that being released could be REALLY bad. Those engines tend to use some very unique geometries to spread radio waves, so giving Russian and Chinese intelligence agencies an idea of what we are working on here could potentially give them about a 36 month head start on building counters to that. Since the B-21 is intended to be the main heavy bomber platform for the US Airforce for the next half century or so, this is really bad. We could wind up with a situation where one of the most expensive weapon systems ever built is nearly obsolete before it even enters service.

Things like this is why no unauthorized person is going to set foot in the Groom Lake facility. I have been very dismissive of the idea of violence, but that is because I am dismissive of the commitment of these nerds to actually do anything that warrants it. If necessary, the military will shoot to kill, I just don't see them making it far enough for that to happen. How are they planning on dealing with the minefields between the fences? I don't think Naruto runs stops you from triggering land mines.
    It's not that I am looking forward to the prospect of them getting far since it's unlikely. It's more of if I wonder if a sufficient number of people will genuinely try to risk their lives to get anywhere as a martyr or something. Or if they'll just chicken out the moment they see armed guards.

And by that, I mean whether someone will just try to walk past the guy with the machine gun with his arms stretched out going "you won't shoot me!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtlmtlm View Post
    everyone knows they're just gonna wheel the REAL aliens to area 52 in case we succeed!

This is all a joke... right?
    Wait there’s an Area 52? Damn it!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I forsee teargas, tasers, batons, barriers, water pumps and a lot of whining about 'F' the system and so on for failing to get in.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Wait there’s an Area 52? Damn it!
    There is an area 1-40 for sure. That is where all the nuclear testing occurred. As far as Area 52... well nobody is actually clear on that.

The Areas were labeled by the Atomic Energy commission for nuclear testing, and they each apply to specific active range. The site now called "Area 51" officially has no such designation, it is an airfield called the Homey Airport and it sits next to a Dry lake called Groom Lake, the later of which is part of Groom Lake Range (An aerial bombing range from WWII). It sits adjacent to Area 15, and doesn't seem to be named Area 51 at all. Sort of. There is a CIA document from Vietnam that refers to an Area 51 as a training site for the Air America missions into Cambodia, and since the Groom Lake range was already known to be an active CIA site from the U-2 spy plane testing, the two sites got connected. It might be correct, it might not be.

Anyway Bob Lazar made the "Area 51" name famous with his crazy story of working there (Which he didn't), but interestingly he identifies it as a different facility on the Nevada test site, not the Groom Lake facility at all.

So in short, there probably isn't a real area 51, or at least it probably isn't in Southwest Nevada if there is, and if there is, it may or may not be the Groom Lake facility, and even if it is, it is numbered out of sequence so there probably isn't an Area 52. However the Groom Lake facility is indeed one of the few sites that is known to be involved in testing of all sorts of advanced aircraft, so Bob Lazar's "Area 51" label got stuck on that one instead of the site he actually named. But of course the Air Force is made up of human beings that are alive and awake to what is happening in the world around them, so even they actually call the Groom Lake facility Area 51 now, regardless of what it was originally called.

I had the pleasure of hearing LTG Thomas Stafford speak at a school I was going too (He used to command the facility at Groom Lake) and he referred to it as Area 51 as well, although in a rather joking fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    As far as Area 52... well nobody is actually clear on that.
    It's in the Netherstorm.

I mean, there is a site sometimes called Area 52 but there's nearly nothing about it. You see it mentioned in fiction more than real life. Hell, the fucking Looney Toons mentioned it.

- - - Updated - - -

This just in: creator of the event is having second thoughts about Alien Stock, yes that's a music festival, because it's too far from food and water and won't be safe.

Word on the actual raid is still unclear, but take away all the people who would definitely have gotten fucking high at this thing as volunteers to Naruto Run, and that leaves people in full grasp of their senses to deal with barbed wire, armed guards, miles of desert, and possibly land mines. Yeah.

The raid is a false flag by the Russians to get extra military personnel at the base so a group of non Area 51 military personal can steal a UFO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I never really found that place interesting. If they were really holding aliens, then I'm sure that their other alien buddies would have invaded Earth by now. Seems like just a generic military base. I very much doubt that anything will come out of this event.
    Furthermore, if the Air Force had a base filled with aliens, I'm fairly certain they'd set up another one, name it, for example, "Area 51" and then accidentally "leak" rumors that there are aliens there while the real aliens are at some other location no one's ever heard of.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Absolutely. The moment you attempt to breach security you pose a danger to everyone in the facility. You motives may be pure information seeking but there is no guarantee that "they're just unarmed sci-fi geeks" because they have not been vetted. That's a security risk and should be dealt with quickly and severely.

I can not stress this enough. "Raid Area 51: They Can't Stop Us All!" is a coordinated attack on a secure isolated military base... if it happens it will be seen as such and the consequence are entirely self inflicted. We have security for a reason. It could be to protect the public from releasing something dangerous (airborne virus not Alien) or to keep information secure... regardless if you plan and execute a massive raid of a military base be prepared for the consequences of those actions.

Raiding a military base is an act of treason if not terrorism.
    Is it weird that this actually is one of the definitions of treason in the US constitution? This would fulfill the requirements for "levying war."

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I am picturing some higher up in the military, having to explain to his superiors, just what a "Naruto Run" is. Probably having some young private physically do it for the brass.

Private Uwu, reporting for duty, sir!
    People posted pictures of their briefings. It's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I have a theory that the government is low-key encouraging Area 51's publicity and making it look all top secret but not actually hiding anything there, so the media/general public will keep attention focused on it. Meanwhile, they're keeping all the hot alien chicks elsewhere.
    At least it would be silly to keep important stuff in the one site that's the focus of widespread attention.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    meh Area 51 is an obvious red herring and all the real aliens are being stored somewhere in Florida(Hence all the Florida man actions)
    But really what’s gonna happen is at most a thousand fools who wanna be part of a meme will converge on the area while I only like a hundred will have the balls to actually get close enough to get pictures. While there at-most be a dozen or so who actually are crazy enough to get charged in and get the shit beaten out of them.
    I mean we do live in a world where someone actually thought pizzagate was real thing

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I forsee teargas, tasers, batons, barriers, water pumps and a lot of whining about 'F' the system and so on for failing to get in.
    this has been confirmed. they said they wont use lethal force.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    this has been confirmed. they said they wont use lethal force.
    So I wasn't off. I'd wager some rubber/Pepper pellets too.

I guess you can call it a huge waste of resources but a training excercise for the personnel.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Anybody thinking the military would use lethal force on a mass of US civilians is out of their mind stupid lmao. They can just gaz them away. If it was one or two guy trying to sneak in they might get shot, a crowd theres no way, plus its highly innefficient so why even bother when there easier and non lethal means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Anybody thinking the military would use lethal force on a mass of US civilians is out of their mind stupid lmao. They can just gaz them away. If it was one or two guy trying to sneak in they might get shot, a crowd theres no way, plus its highly innefficient so why even bother when there easier and non lethal means.
    It's a weeb invasion, they won't be able to hit them.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    It's a weeb invasion, they won't be able to hit them.
    Yes, remember for you own safety to Naruto Run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Yes, remember for you own safety to Naruto Run.

The attack plans
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought of something, has trump commented about the plan raid on area51 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I just thought of something, has trump commented about the plan raid on area51 yet?
    Last night while i was sitting next to Keanu Reeves at the Alien center waiting for the kyles divisions, his phone rang. I could hear Trump saying he approves, he wants our army to be very huge and stop the liberals that defend Area 51, he only ask that we bring the fake Obama Alien birth certificate hidden in area 51 to pardon us all. He said we can keep the stand arrows and the isekai trucks. He said he already used the stand arrow, thats how he gained his stand Bon Jovi to fix his hair loss.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-09-11 at 09:46 PM.