Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Just " Crazy Bernie " earning his nick name.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You guys really can't help yourselves, what is it that makes you straight up believe bullshit spins like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    You have to admit its an up hill climb for them. Basically they have to find a way to argue against saving humanity with climate and population policy changes without making it sound like they are anti-human.
    Population policy is a meme. The problen isnt the indian mum that has 4 kids, its the dumb european/chinese that is driving a car, owns multiple electronics, etc.

Bernie focusing on people that have "too many kids" is nothing but lowkey racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

Bernie focusing on people that have "too many kids" is nothing but lowkey racism.
    You conservatives will keep reaching, but nobody aside from yourselves will buy it, sorry.

Your own bias is showing by including China, which has a lower co2 output per capitate than the rich european countries, and gets dwarfed by the output of the US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    "Women should have easy access to birth control."

How insane.

Population policy is a meme. The problen isnt the indian mum that has 4 kids, its the dumb european/chinese that is driving a car, owns multiple electronics, etc.

Not remotely "racist", since he's not targeting anyone by race or ethnicity, in any way whatsoever.

Just suggesting that maybe, people in poor countries should be empowered to make choices about whether or not to have (more) children.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown View Post
    You conservatives will keep reaching, but nobody aside from yourselves will buy it, sorry.

Your own bias is showing by including China, which has a lower co2 output per capitate than the rich european countries, and gets dwarfed by the output of the US
    China has a higher per capita than rich European countries.

France is 4.57 tonnes per capita

China is 7.53

Theyve surpassed Europe as a whole way back in 2014

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Women should have easy access to birth control."

How insane.

Not remotely "racist", since he's not targeting anyone by race or ethnicity, in any way whatsoever.

Just suggesting that maybe, people in poor countries should be empowered to make choices about whether or not to have (more) children.
    The poors in third world countries shouldnt have children because they are killing the planet is totes not racist

10+ Year Old Account
    The poors in third world countries shouldnt have children because they are killing the planet is totes not racist
    Literally not what he said. I know it's what you wish he'd said, but that doesn't change the facts.

Literally not what he said. I know it's what you wish he'd said, but that doesn't change the facts.
    What, The liberal is changing the words of what someone said into what he thinks he said?
    I'm Shocked... SHOCKED
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    What, The liberal is changing the words of what someone said into what he thinks he said?
    I'm Shocked... SHOCKED
    NED Funded is definitely not liberal unless that was part of the joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    he is a self-styled neo-lib. Which is pretty much the same thing as a conservative on economics.

Women - Do you support population control as a method for saving the planet?

Bernie - Yes. The US should fund abortions in poor countries because women may not want too many children

It basically is. Also has me wondering, a lot of these countries have a murky history with force sterelization and abortions, US dollars are going to end up funding that

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think I'm not a liberal? Curious

I mean... classical liberal, or neo lib. You know, the fellows who think wholeheartedly that the market can do no wrong.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account

Bernie - Yes. The US should fund abortions in poor countries because women may not want too many children

It basically is. Also has me wondering, a lot of these countries have a murky history with force sterelization and abortions, US dollars are going to end up funding that
    Martha Readyoff: "Human population growth has more than doubled in the past 50 years. The planet cannot sustain this growth. I realize this is a poisonous topic for politicians, but it's crucial to face. Empowering women and educating everyone on the need to curb population growth seems a reasonable campaign to enact. Would you be courageous enough to discuss this issue and make it a key feature of a plan to address climate catastrophe?"

Bernie Sanders: "The answer is yes. And the answer has everything to do with the fact that women in the United States of America, by the way, have a right to control their own bodies and make reproductive decisions. And the Mexico City agreement, which denies American aid to those organizations around the world that allow women to have abortions or even get involved in birth control to me is totally absurd. So I think especially in poor countries around the world where women do not necessarily want to have large numbers of babies and where they can have the opportunity through birth control to control the number of kids they have, is something I very, very strongly support."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...lation-control

Once you stop bullshitting and use his actual words, it's crystal clear he's not talking about anything but empowering women in poorer countries to make their own decisions regarding childbirth. Where that poverty might prevent them being able to make that choice.

Nothing more. If you're claiming his comments went any further, you're lying. Deliberately, blatantly, and without an ounce of shame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    You have to admit its an up hill climb for them. Basically they have to find a way to argue against saving humanity with climate and population policy changes without making it sound like they are anti-human.
    How are the people against population policy the anti-humans and not the environmentalist? I'm pro-natalism and the only people I've seen that are anti-natalism are progressive environmentalists. I could be wrong about that and i'd be happy to be wrong, since I think it's important that the population grow even if it's only 1% per year. The worst thing for the environment is for the population and economy to shrink because that triggers recessions. Recessions are what causes voters to forget about everything else since obviously nobody is going to prioritize the environment if their personal situation is getting worse.

You are straight up lying.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account

Instead of quoting what he said, you invent what he said? Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You are straight up lying.
    I am very interested in what compels people to lie like that. It’s strange... probably off topic, but still... very interesting.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I am very interested in what compels people to lie like that. It’s strange... probably off topic, but still... very interesting.
    My theory is ego.

I have never met a single Trump supporter/defender that wasn't arrogant. To a person, every single Trump supporter I have ever met has either a flagrant or subdued notion that rules are for other people.

For example, if an expert in X tried to explain X to one of them, and they still don't understand X, then X isn't true. Their ego doesn't allow for them to say, "I don't understand X, therefore I simply don't understand X." Their ego kicks in and says, "I don't understand X, therefore X can't be true and is likely a liberal conspiracy."
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

15+ Year Old Account
    People in affluent countries having easy access to contraceptives is totes fine but people in third world countries need to not have access to medicine and contraceptives, and having 20 children that they can't feed and contribute to climate change. Wonder who the racist one here really is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Ah, and now we have the people who are pretending that empowering women by giving them access to birth control is racist.

Greater access to birth control is a huge benefit for countries and women especially. But this is racist because of um, reasons?

Why is it that the same people can post the same kind of baity bullshit over and over and over again, but if any one of the other posters in this thread were to even get a little bit uppity, they'd get a month-long vacation?

I mean, not to say that it's not absolutely wonderful to be lied to by the same liar every fucking day, but you know, maybe we could get a break for a little while so our dicks don't chafe from all this fun we're having.