Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not balanced but its niche as fuck so who really cares?

Belf wasn't really niche, it was useful almost anywhere in a dungeon for a blanket aoe silence.

Shadowmeld is only OP if you have 5 of them in a group and used maybe 2 or 3 times in a 20 min dungeon run, compared to Arcane Torrent (Legion verison) being OP on a single character, only getting more OP the more you had them. And usable in most dungeons pretty much on CD.

I have never had shadowmeld actually work to drop aggro, it comes back the second the meld ends unless the mobs reset.

Yeah you could sync all 5 nelves at the exact same time, but that seems about as likely as actually being able to use my damned AoE stealth ability to skip even one trash pack literally ever because there's always THAT GUY in the back that runs out of it, you know who you are.

Even with a macro that /yells "STAND IN THE DAMNED CIRCLE" it still happens...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Arcane torrent is barely nerfed at all.
    Just instead of an AoE silence with mana recovery you have an AoE dispell with mana recovery.
    Disagree. As someone who's mained a Belf paladin since BC and had a Belf rogue for almost as long, I found that AT as a silence was far more useful than AT as a dispel. At least, from a PvE perspective. As a tank, I loved having an extra means to get casters to group up.

Going from silence to dispel was, imo, a massive nerf for PvE.
    Putin khuliyo

If shadowmeld was so broken how come most of these people in MDI play horde on the live servers? Clearly it doesn't stop horde from doing M+ at the highest levels. I couldn't care less about some stupid M+ tournament. If its broken in that garbage then just disable racials for it ffs.

Curse those Alliance players getting a PVE advantage OmegaLUL

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I don't really give a shit because I rarely watch MDI's anyway, but if you refuse to acknowledge that it is kind of dumb that pretty much every run is full NE (that it is that imbalanced that there really isn't even a choice to be made), then I don't know what to tell you. I feel like you're trying to be dense.
    I've said time and time again, in this thread alone, that Racials should be disabled in the MDI.

When it's an official, professional tournament, everyone should be on as equal a footing as possible.

I just don't think it actually matters outside of the MDI. Keystones aren't competitive, and any team of any race can complete them on time. So who gives a crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    The really funny thing is people actually think there are groups of players playing Nelves for anything other than these competitions, like they'd actually give up their superior racials or pay for constant race changes just to finish their M+'s a little faster.
    I play WoW for pushing high keys, and I would instantly rerrol to NE from my BE if I didn’t have to change the faction for that. But i’m tied to the community already, to my m+ team and my raiding team. But i’m so envious when I watch other teams on twitch who are alliance and who can do skips that our team can’t only because we don’t have shadowmeld at least on healer. We have have to sacrifice the battlerez for similar skips and that means we don’t have it later, and that might cost us the whole key.
    I REALLY wish thay either nerf it somehow, or maybe m+ and raiding are going to be cross-faction in the next expansion, so I could pick shadowmeld over AT without needing to abandon my friends first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintra View Post
    I play WoW for pushing high keys, and I would instantly rerrol to NE from my BE if I didn’t have to change the faction for that. But i’m tied to the community already, to my m+ team and my raiding team. But i’m so envious when I watch other teams on twitch who are alliance and who can do skips that our team can’t only because we don’t have shadowmeld at least on healer. We have have to sacrifice the battlerez for similar skips and that means we don’t have it later, and that might cost us the whole key.
    I REALLY wish thay either nerf it somehow, or maybe m+ and raiding are going to be cross-faction in the next expansion, so I could pick shadowmeld over AT without needing to abandon my friends first.
    Well if you'd throw away good racials just to make M+ go a little faster that is up to you, either you're nuts or you're just saying that because you have a vendetta...

More along the lines of a vendetta I'm guessing because people have suggested ways they could fix this for M+ so they cant's skip all of that yet people still yell NERF NERF NERF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Well if you'd throw away good racials just to make M+ go a little faster that is up to you, either you're nuts or you're just saying that because you have a vendetta...

More along the lines of a vendetta I'm guessing because people have suggested ways they could fix this for M+ so they cant's skip all of that yet people still yell NERF NERF NERF.
    M+ is about pushing high keys and beating timers. If shadowmeld let's you beat a key faster than "good racials", that means that for m+ meld is a *better* racial than the "good" ones.

And it would help if nearly every suggested way to fix meld for m+ wasn't called a Nerf by people like you and most of the nelf players.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Yes, I forgot everyone mained Belf outside of MDI when AT was deemed too OP. It being OP and unfair in a professional invitational makes it even worse. Perfectly balanced, esport ready.
    What is this bullshit? WoW will never be perfectly balanced, the whole reason class design feels garbage is because they’ve attempted too heavily to focus on perfectly balancing the game and in their attempt to create diversity they actually homogenized a lot of classes.

Maybe they shouldn’t design an entire dungeon that’s basically comprised of just trash? The latter half of ML is probably the worst experience I’ve had in dungeons in recent years, there’s way too much clumped together and they are very annoying to deal with.

Regardless, if it wasn’t for shadowmeld you’d probably see even more rogues honestly which I personally don’t wanna see.

Wish people would stop calling for every aspect of the game to get nerfed because of the MDI. Making an mmorpg into an esport was an interesting idea but I don’t really like how it’s turned out overall especially with the effect it’s had on dungeons. It also seems like interest has been down quite a bit for this MDI. Regardless I really hope they don’t run around nerfing the game to attempt to make the MDI better.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-09-10 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    M+ is about pushing high keys and beating timers. If shadowmeld let's you beat a key faster than "good racials", that means that for m+ meld is a *better* racial than the "good" ones.

And it would help if nearly every suggested way to fix meld for m+ wasn't called a Nerf by people like you and most of the nelf players.
    All I've seen is nerf it nerf it.

They could put in some kind of detection or mechanic...but no people want it nerfed as a vendetta for Arcane Torrent.

I was thinking about this thread when I did a Tol Dagor with Beguiling this week. Twice in this run we had the Tide girl with the Seaspeaker. What was the worst pull of the dungeon would have been trivial having one BE. I cannot think of any other racial that have this impact in the game.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Stop using twitch-chat talk and learn how to write correctly.
    Sure thing granddad, great chat.

100% of MDI class that can be NE, is NE.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

BE racials are crap, all my BE are benched PVP wise

i never need the extra energy, mana, or focus. since WOTLK my mage has really never had any mana issues, hunter/rogue using arcane torrent for resource adds a GCD i can't afford to happen, and not enough focus/energy to matter. arcane torrent is not on my bars/macro'd or keyed for any of my BE since last nerf. not for flaming pissed off at blizzard reasons, honestly i have no use for the racial, stays in spell book

go into PVP, when a player is stacked with buffs, removing one doesn't matter.

i play alliance too, NE, HU, Gnome at max level. NE SM imo is rather gamebreaking, its insanely fun playing NE, doing double stun openers that no other druid race can do, or racial can make up for. when you hang at goldshire you will find alot of ally races not wanting to duel NE, or QQing about NE SM after a loss when it was evident SM was the deciding factor
    Last edited by pinkz; 2019-09-13 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    As stated above, I enjoy watching MDI and it is incredibly unhealthy and boring to watch an OP racial ability trivialize whole dungeons as groups of Nelf run from boss to boss dropping all the trash with shadowmeld.
    Maybe Blizzard should stop designing dungeons like Motherlode with a giant section of easy trash followed by 3 sections of brutal trash. Without Shadowmeld, they'd just be death skipping instead. Arcane Torrent also helps significantly more than SMeld on live, because Arcane Torrent makes comp requirements much more lenient. Try doing King's Rest as Alliance with no priest(maybe even without a shaman) and then try doing it with a belf or 2 on Horde(which most groups will have), for example. Compare that to SMeld which is a super situational defensive(by dropping target) and sometimes lets you save 1 death on death skips.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2019-09-13 at 01:37 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Why does clever use of game mechanics something that needs to be nerfed? How about we stop removing things that are fun and have high skill cap just because you have nothing better to do than complain about a fucking racial ability. I don't even lkay alliance but just leave it alone. It's a cool ability for night elves and I dont see a reason why we should remove another layer from the game to "balance" MDI.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why does clever use of game mechanics something that needs to be nerfed? How about we stop removing things that are fun and have high skill cap just because you have nothing better to do than complain about a fucking racial ability. I don't even lkay alliance but just leave it alone. It's a cool ability for night elves and I dont see a reason why we should remove another layer from the game to "balance" MDI.
    Nah it affect both M+ and Arena, and i quote this from Riot & Blizzard developer himself "If you always have to design a content around a single ability/effect, its better to just nerf/remove that ability"

Just make Shadowmeld only usable while out of combat and its good enough fix while keeping the race fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    Nah it affect both M+ and Arena, and i quote this from Riot & Blizzard developer himself "If you always have to design a content around a single ability/effect, its better to just nerf/remove that ability"

Just make Shadowmeld only usable while out of combat and its good enough fix while keeping the race fantasy.
    Isn't that how it used to work?

If its not able to work in combat then they could make it so you can move 10 yards and/or if you move then you stay in stealth for say 3 seconds but cant use other abilities. I think it would be a good trade.