Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Phase 3 Battlegrounds are basically Dungeon Finder for PvP

I like battlegrounds. I actually think they were sort of necessary. I've got a bit of a concern though with Phase 3. Since were on patch 1.12, the battlemasters will be in Capital cities. This does not sit well with me. For most of Vanilla we had to run to Alterac Mountains, Ashenvale, and Arathi Highlands in order to queue for each respective BG. This brought more high level players into contested territory. You had to travel to the bg entrance just like you do with dungeons. This changes in 1.12. You can literally teleport from Orgrimmar into the battleground. It is basically like dungeon finder for PvP. It puts you with random players and teleports you into the battleground. I take issue with this. Was flying to Tarren Mill and running to Alterac Mountains really too rigorous? The state of 1.12 BGs could really harm the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    I like battlegrounds. I actually think they were sort of necessary. I've got a bit of a concern though with Phase 3. Since were on patch 1.12, the battlemasters will be in Capital cities. This does not sit well with me. For most of Vanilla we had to run to Alterac Mountains, Ashenvale, and Arathi Highlands in order to queue for each respective BG. This brought more high level players into contested territory. You had to travel to the bg entrance just like you do with dungeons. This changes in 1.12. You can literally teleport from Orgrimmar into the battleground. It is basically like dungeon finder for PvP. It puts you with random players and teleports you into the battleground. I take issue with this. Was flying to Tarren Mill and running to Alterac Mountains really too rigorous? The state of 1.12 BGs could really harm the game.
    Aren't the vendors for the pvp items associated with each bg at the entrance to each bg though? I think their actual entrances will still draw a crowd. Also I bet that blizzard will not implement the ability to que up from the major cities at the start at least.

It's Classic, not Vanilla

I would prefer having to go to the instance portal, but I'm not too upset about the battlemasters either. It's not like they're ADDING them to the game, they were present in vanilla. I think you'll still see plenty of players at the portals because of the vendors.

I would rather go to the portal then queue at the city.. but at the same time, it was part of vanilla so its not a change. also the vendors are still at the portals. so plenty of people will be there still.

Dungeon Finder:

Queue from Orgrimmar/Ironforge. Queue for all dungeons. Get matched with random teammates. Get teleported into the instance.

Capital City BG Battlemaster:

Queue from Orgrimmar/Ironforge. Queue for all battlegrounds. Get matched with random teammates. Get teleported into the instance

That was the problem. WG and AB battleground were located in low level and mid level zone (respectively), but with all high level characters fighting around, participating in lower level BG was quite an issue - because these high level characters were spending wait time by killing everything what moves and has red name.

In city battlemasters solved this quite a bit - low level BGs had higher participation rate and low-mid level characters were not so often ganged in leveling zones by "skull" players.

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    Aren't the vendors for the pvp items associated with each bg at the entrance to each bg though? I think their actual entrances will still draw a crowd. Also I bet that blizzard will not implement the ability to que up from the major cities at the start at least.
    You can literally see the battlemasters in the Capital Cities right now. They will be active when Phase 3 starts.

Being able to queue safely in capital cities is vital for my plan of playing 19 and 39 twinks on pvp servers. So i am glad it's the last version of vanilla that is Classic.

I can't play twinks anymore on modern wow because of xp on and xp off separation. Looking forward to twinking again and already sniping the AH for twink items like no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Being able to queue safely in capital cities is vital for my plan of playing 19 and 39 twinks on pvp servers. So i am glad it's the last version of vanilla that is Classic.
    I
    It is a PvP server.

It is a PvP server.
    And i will gladly participate in wpvp with my main 60. I don't need to waste my time on my 19 twink getting camped / ganked by 60s when i feel like playing BGs.

And i will gladly participate in wpvp with my main 60. I don't need to waste my time on my 19 twink getting camped / ganked by 60s when i feel like playing BGs.
    The game should be watered down so you can gank level 11 players in grey gear in warsong gulch. Ok lol

This does not sit well with me. For most of Vanilla we had to run to Alterac Mountains, Ashenvale, and Arathi Highlands in order to queue for each respective BG.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I am sourcing WowWiki's Patches database. Looks like you only had to queue at the entrance for a little over a month.

Patch 1.5.0 - 7 June 2005 - Battlegrounds are introduced

Patch 1.6.0 - 12 July 2005 - Battlemasters introduced

This is why Blizzard never should have caved in and done Classic in the first place.

You don't reward toddlers throwing a temper tantrum. You ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I am sourcing WowWiki's Patches database. Looks like you only had to queue at the entrance for a little over a month.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd /thread
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post

You are right. I am was mistaken, but that 1.6 change is the equivalent of dungeon finder for PvP.

So many players blame dungeon finder for harming the game and social interaction, yet 1.6 literally added battleground finder.

World PvP pretty much died on my server when BGs opened since it sucks for honor or reduced to abusing a few low levels questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why... Can it be due to possible long ass wait times? Even in Vanilla, you would have a bad time if there weren't enough queued for the one specific one you were at.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    This is why Blizzard never should have caved in and done Classic in the first place.

You don't reward toddlers throwing a temper tantrum. You ignore them.
    under that same exact logic you could say modern wow should've never caved in and made it casual... Remember cata? heroics were actually hard again after they made them easy in wrath, and casuals cried and complained so the heroics were nerfed.. most of the stories i hear of quiting in cata was right after that nerf. thanks, you killed wow :3

You are trying way too hard OP. Traveling to dungeon may have a nice feeling. But traveling so far to QUEUE for a BG? Nope.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2019-09-10 at 06:08 PM.