Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nah it costs money therefore cash shop.
    which is funny why they would even play wow, since its had a cash shop since the day vanilla launched.
    "pay X extra money and get your choice of a lil'diablo, panda pet, zerglin pet, no one else can get it, only you because you paid us extra money" hmmm sounds like a cash shop.

"Hey pay us 500$ to buy 500 of these little containers, you can open them, and 1 in a 800 chance you can get a mount that you get in wow! Lets say a " hmmm sounds like a cash shop, and a bad one at that, that is right out loot boxes!
    "Hey and lets say you buy enough of those containers, you can use points you get from each pack, to buy some ingame rewards!"

yeah, wow has had a cash shop in since day 1.
    just not in a menu it was the collectors edition, and it was the TCG "Loot boxes"
    But it's only a cash shop if you want to be pedantic about it, since:

A) It's not in the cash shop, therefore you cannot "buy it"
    B) It's a recruit a friend program
    C) It's intended use it's not for you to pay the fee, your friend is supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    My post also included the attire, you assumed I meant the attire was at the 12 month mark.

And lol, how's that throat of yours hun.

- - - Updated - - -

Cash Shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck.

No one wants to play BfA, I'll recommend them to WotLK or MoP private servers before that trash.
    Repeating it does not make it true. Calling it a cash shop is incredibly misleading.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah it was alot of money, it was like 20$ then 30$ for two months of sub time, then you needed to do that for every single pet and mount.
    now its just you need to have overall 12 months of subbed of people new OR OLD which is huge, as this is a combination of the recruit a friend and scrol of resotation.
    Ya I thought of doing it once for the two person rocket but decided it wasn’t worth the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, just getting some salt for my fries and riling people up c:
    Only one rilled up on this thread seems to be you though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So not only did they nerf the experience incentive, they're also making it so you can't get anything worthwhile unless the person subs for at least 10 months. Good fucking job, Blizzard. You successfully made RAF absolute fucking dogshit.
    You can get more then one person to sub and with classic out it’s a prime time to get new people into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Only one rilled up on this thread seems to be you though.
    Oh it's not, but thanks for responding to me :> Am so lonely with no friends :c

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Sounds like you got a serious lack of friends and complain you have to pay for a second account.
    i mean... who IS going to have friends that match the 2 year criteria? those friends either already play wow, even if periodically, or just straight up have no interest.

i'm sure there will be a few here an there, but i'm gonna bet that just like the previous RAF, most people who want the rewards basiclaly just pay for it themselves.

Some of us don't have friends that are interested in this game, especially not in 2019. Nor can anyone reasonably guarantee that the recruit they're depending on to keep playing for a year will even do so.

It was bad enough to wall off unique items for the old RAF, but at least if you really wanted the reward you could feasibly fork out the money to recruit your own second account. In this new system nobody in their right mind is going to pay to recruit themselves. And that's what this really is meant for - to land whales who are happy to effectively double their subscription payments for a year in exchange for unique collectibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post

C) It's intended use it's not for you to pay the fee, your friend is supposed to.

Repeating it does not make it true. Calling it a cash shop is incredibly misleading.
    That's exactly what it is, I'm sorry you can't see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good luck.

No one wants to play BfA, I'll recommend them to WotLK or MoP private servers before that trash.
    Wow subs also cover classic. So I think It’s more likely that you have no friends who’d want to play either with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Some of us don't have friends that are interested in this game, especially not in 2019. Nor can anyone reasonably guarantee that the recruit they're depending on to keep playing for a year will even do so.

It was bad enough to wall off unique items for the old RAF, but at least if you really wanted the reward you could feasibly fork out the money to recruit your own second account. In this new system nobody in their right mind is going to pay to recruit themselves. And that's what this really is meant for - to land whales who are happy to effectively double their subscription payments for a year in exchange for unique collectibles.
    And in turn this provides more money coming in, more "accounts" and thus shareholders are happy.

It's a damn shame what wow has turned into, a damn shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wow subs also cover classic. So I think It’s more likely that you have no friends who’d want to play either with you.
    Am so sad with no friends :c

7+ Year Old Account
    It's still a really shitty fucking system. The old system had nothing wrong with it. And the plane is Jungle Hopper, requiring 9 months subscribed. As opposed to three months with the old system. This is just Blizzard desperately trying to drum up subscriptions.
    "the old system had nothing wrong with it" you mean where the old system you had to do 3 months per account per reward, and if the player only did 2 months then quit you were fucked because that whole thing was a waste.

with the old system lets say you wanted 9 months worth of rewards "3 accounts"

1: 2 months- fuck
    2: 3 months then keeps playing for another 28 months, but only the 3 first months count, fuck
    3: 1 month- fuck
    4: 3 months- ok you have got 2 so far.
    5: 1 month- fuck
    6: 4 months- again overkill you only needed 3, there you go you have your 3 rewards.

now lets say we want all the MANY rewards in this system, we will go with the EXACT same as the top

1: 2 months, 10 more to go
    2: 31 months, you are well over done. no need to recruit any more, but lets go 3 at a time cause of course you dont wanna wait super long
    3: 1 month- 6 so far now
    4: 3 months- 9 so far now
    5: 1 month- 2 more to go
    6: 4 months- 2 over, you have all the rewards, would you look at that, of course in my simulation there is no reality. but it shows the benefits of each.

while yes the top requires less per reward, those people MUST hit 3, any less and it was a waste. and anything ABOVE three is a waste. meaning for 3 rewards you need ATLEAST 3 people to do 3 months.

for the bottom, while yes you need more, ANY time from ANY friends counts, meaning you can recruit ONE friend and get all the rewards. where before even if you recruited a friedn and he played till the end of time, you got only 1 reward no matter what.
    here recruiting 1 friend is enough to get all the rewards.

oh also for the same amount of months you get FAR more rewards then the old system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post

i know its not a cash shop, but i was using it as an example, and how he keeps calling is cash shop, so if that is a cash shop, so is the vanilla collectors edition, and the TCG and UDE system. so if this recruit a friend system is "cash shop" so are those, and those have been around since vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account
    It's still a really shitty fucking system. The old system had nothing wrong with it. And the plane is Jungle Hopper, requiring 9 months subscribed. As opposed to three months with the old system. This is just Blizzard desperately trying to drum up subscriptions.
    Blizzard would get more subs by just keeping the old system as you needed to sub for multiple mouths for a single reward.

7+ Year Old Account
    THE SET

T
    H
    E
    S
    E
    T

MEANING the ATTIRE

AND LMFAO, there was absolutely NO cash shop in vanilla. It was added during BC with name changes/server transfers. Having to spend money OUTSIDE of the game on Ebay or Amazon is NOT a cash shop.

Jesus Christ you're severely mentally inept.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all, just getting some salt for my fries and riling people up c:
    1. People have been asking for backpacks/rucksacks for a LONG time too, so nice of Activison to offer it for $180 ^-^
    the rucksack is not part of the set, the set is reward 12, the rucksack is reward 10, again. learn to read.
    2. i mean your the one name calling and saying people suck cock and deepthroat blizzard, that is the words of someone who is mad.

1. People have been asking for backpacks/rucksacks for a LONG time too, so nice of Activison to offer it for $180 ^-^
    the rucksack is not part of the set, the set is reward 12, the rucksack is reward 10, again. learn to read.
    2. i mean your the one name calling and saying people suck cock and deepthroat blizzard, that is the words of someone who is mad.
    I included the set and the backpack in my post, if you REALLY think I meant the backpack being the 12 month reward, excuse me. You have to wait TEN MONTHS instead of TWELVE, wow, what's 60 days when you've already waited THREE HUNDRED. l m f a o

7+ Year Old Account
    And in turn this provides more money coming in, more "accounts" and thus shareholders are happy.

It's a damn shame what wow has turned into, a damn shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Am so sad with no friends :c
    the old system made more accounts, as you needed 3 months per reward, and those accounts could then play for literally years but still only earn you ONE reward, plus a purchase of the wow battlechest.
    this one literally just requires 12 months of time paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Blizzard would get more subs by just keeping the old system as you needed to sub for multiple mouths for a single reward.
    with the old system, I don't think you got anything for one month. you got a free month if they subbed for 2 months. Then you got a mount or pet of your choice at three months. Then that was it. Most of the rewards in this new system are fucking worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what it is, I'm sorry you can't see it.
    Can I go into the cash shop and buy this?

No.

By making a second account you are gaming the system.

Those are hard facts.

A little thought exercise, would you be happier or angrier if they required you to link to another battle net account?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

7+ Year Old Account
    I included the set and the backpack in my post, if you REALLY think I meant the backpack being the 12 month reward, excuse me. You have to wait TEN MONTHS instead of TWELVE, wow, what's 60 days when you've already waited THREE HUNDRED. l m f a o
    "People have been asking for backpacks/rucksacks for a LONG time too, so nice of Activison to offer it for $180 ^-^"
    again you literally said "people have been asking for a backpack for a long time, nice of them to sell it for 180"
    again, you are the one who said this not me.
    also nah, i have a ton of friends who havnt played wow i might be able to recruit in, so i can easly get it in 1 month by getting 10 of them to each try wow for 1 month.

"the old system had nothing wrong with it" you mean where the old system you had to do 3 months per account per reward, and if the player only did 2 months then quit you were fucked because that whole thing was a waste.

with the old system lets say you wanted 9 months worth of rewards "3 accounts"

1: 2 months- fuck
    2: 3 months then keeps playing for another 28 months, but only the 3 first months count, fuck
    3: 1 month- fuck
    4: 3 months- ok you have got 2 so far.
    5: 1 month- fuck
    6: 4 months- again overkill you only needed 3, there you go you have your 3 rewards.

now lets say we want all the MANY rewards in this system, we will go with the EXACT same as the top

1: 2 months, 10 more to go
    2: 31 months, you are well over done. no need to recruit any more, but lets go 3 at a time cause of course you dont wanna wait super long
    3: 1 month- 6 so far now
    4: 3 months- 9 so far now
    5: 1 month- 2 more to go
    6: 4 months- 2 over, you have all the rewards, would you look at that, of course in my simulation there is no reality. but it shows the benefits of each.

while yes the top requires less per reward, those people MUST hit 3, any less and it was a waste. and anything ABOVE three is a waste. meaning for 3 rewards you need ATLEAST 3 people to do 3 months.

for the bottom, while yes you need more, ANY time from ANY friends counts, meaning you can recruit ONE friend and get all the rewards. where before even if you recruited a friedn and he played till the end of time, you got only 1 reward no matter what.
    here recruiting 1 friend is enough to get all the rewards.

oh also for the same amount of months you get FAR more rewards then the old system.

- - - Updated - - -

i know its not a cash shop, but i was using it as an example, and how he keeps calling is cash shop, so if that is a cash shop, so is the vanilla collectors edition, and the TCG and UDE system. so if this recruit a friend system is "cash shop" so are those, and those have been around since vanilla.
    Like I responded to someone else, after 2 months you got a free month of game time. After 3 months you got a mount or pet of YOUR CHOICE. RAF other benefits lasted for like 6 months where you each got 300% more experience and the recruited person could grant a level to the veteran for every two levels they gained. This new system is fucking trash and was only implemented for Blizzard to drum up subscriptions.

"People have been asking for backpacks/rucksacks for a LONG time too, so nice of Activison to offer it for $180 ^-^"
    again you literally said "people have been asking for a backpack for a long time, nice of them to sell it for 180"
    again, you are the one who said this not me.
    also nah, i have a ton of friends who havnt played wow i might be able to recruit in, so i can easly get it in 1 month by getting 10 of them to each try wow for 1 month.
    That's a BIG might, I can nearly guarantee you not one of your friends will pay $15 lol.