Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The first RAF mount, the Zhevra, was absolute trash. I'll agree there. Every other mount is fucking amazing, though. Hell, two of the mounts are actually two person mounts. And I don't need to see the weapon enchantment. There hasn't been a single weapon enchant appearance in game that impressed me at all so I don't see how the new RAF one will be any better.
    "every other" you mean these awesomely unique mounts and pets.

totally worth $450+ for all of these
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    What being an adult and understanding Game Developers don't develop as a hobby anymore? Realizing they work for companies that HAVE to make a profit or die? Honestly i dont see the game industry as in being in the shitter either. I literally have games i can go home to every night and play for hours and enjoy, and not feel nickled and dimed. WOW is just one of many games that i still play regularly.
    Yes yes business can do whatever they like. People are just meat suits to be sold things. There's nothing like ethics and government oversight to stop predatory behaviour. Who cares if they are ripping people off and are promoting gambling in youth. They have to pay their power bill. Please. Open your eyes for once

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "every other" you mean these awesomely unique mounts and pets.

totally worth $450+ for all of these
    There is officially no point in debating with you. You're a Blizzard diehard and will worship every decision they make. Have a good one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yes yes business can do whatever they like. People are just meat suits to be sold things. There's nothing like ethics and government oversight to stop predatory behaviour. Who cares if they are ripping people off and are promoting gambling in youth. They have to pay their power bill. Please. Open your eyes for once
    what about tis promotes gambling?
    you know what promotes gambling? lootboxes
    you know what lootboxes are like? Card booster packs
    You know what game had card booster packs that cost real money with possible ingame rewards? vanilla wow.

yeah surpise people, the game has always been a cash grab, welcome to gaming, where guess what, games cost money, and companies want your money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is officially no point in debating with you. You're a Blizzard diehard and will worship every decision they make. Have a good one.
    "blizzard diehard"
    "Calls stuff on the "blizzard store' dogshit"

i love your logic.
    i mean your the one defending a predatory system that cost people 50$ per reward, and required bothering all of your friends to try and get them to pay the company.
    im the one defending a system that gives you a reward every single 15$ spent, and one that rewards you for even having only 1 friend who plays.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    what about old RAF?
    i still have friends i recruited way back then that still play the game, i guess blizzard just fucked me over and invalidated these.
    If you recruited people in the past you would have already have been rewarded in what way is blizzard ducking you over?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    what about old RAF?
    i still have friends i recruited way back then that still play the game, i guess blizzard just fucked me over and invalidated these.
    you still have those rewards man...

except the vanilla colectors edition was made by blizzard... and was bought... paying blizzard.

so are you saying its fine if its years later?
    idk if you know, but blizz made those collectors editions, it was not just made by players.

you are paying someone real life money, who paid blizzard real life money, for something ingame.

again, you lil laqweeta are sitting at your computer in 2004 you buy this game called wow, and log in, you see a person with zerglin pet, you ask "hey how do i get that" you are then told "pay blizzartd 120$ for their collectors edition, then you can have it"

but nah thats fine to you, because fuck logic.
    This makes absolutely no sense, I'm sorry.

Vanilla did not, nor ever has had a cash shop. In game or out of game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    This makes absolutely no sense, I'm sorry.

Vanilla did not, nor ever has had a cash shop. In game or out of game.
    yes it did. it was called
    1. the colectors edition.= you paid blizzard directly for 3 ingame pets
    2. the TCG= you paid companies that then paid blizzard, for booster packs, that had a chance to have pets, toys, and mounts inside of them.

items that could not be earned ingame, and the only way to get them, was to PAY BLIZZARD
    that is the defintion of a "cash shop"
    if these are not "cash shops" please explain why.

At current market value you could basically just buy all of the rewards with ~2.1 million gold.

I'm almost tempted to pester someone to start a WoW account just so I can get these rewards.

Speaking of, are the previous rewards still available or not since they revamped the RaF system?

2. the TCG= you paid companies that then paid blizzard, for booster packs, that had a chance to have pets, toys, and mounts inside of them.

items that could not be earned ingame, and the only way to get them, was to PAY BLIZZARD
    It makes sense on paper, but not in-game.

One version has a cash shop, where you're inside of the actual game, click the "shop" icon, and buy items through it.
    The other version has no cash shop, there's no possible way for you to buy anything in-game with money other than a sub.

If we use your version, every single game has a cash shop because you can go onto mmoitems.com and buy items lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense on paper, but not in-game.

One version has a cash shop, where you're inside of the actual game, click the "shop" icon, and buy items through it.
    The other version has no cash shop, there's no possible way for you to buy anything in-game with money other than a sub.

If we use your version, every single game has a cash shop because you can go onto mmoitems.com and buy items lol.
    1. "mmoitems" is not first party, you are not paying the company. with the collectors eiditon, and TCG cards you are paying the company, oh look now your the blizzard shill defending blizzard saying "nuh uh these arnt cash shop!"

2. "One version has a cash shop, where you're inside of the actual game, click the "shop" icon, and buy items through it.
    The other version has no cash shop, there's no possible way for you to buy anything in-game with money other than a sub."

funny, because you click the cash shop ingame and this is not there, this is not in the cash shop.... yet you are calling it a cash ship.

eh i get where you are coming from if you look at those things from a 2019 milk the customer perspective.

but back in the day a limited edition physical only CE was just that, a CE, a nice extra for the fans.

1. "mmoitems" is not first party, you are not paying the company. with the collectors eiditon, and TCG cards you are paying the company, oh look now your the blizzard shill defending blizzard saying "nuh uh these arnt cash shop!"

2. "One version has a cash shop, where you're inside of the actual game, click the "shop" icon, and buy items through it.
    The other version has no cash shop, there's no possible way for you to buy anything in-game with money other than a sub."

funny, because you click the cash shop ingame and this is not there, this is not in the cash shop.... yet you are calling it a cash ship.
    Uhm.

Vanilla doesn't have a cash shop.
    Retail does.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Phew. Does not affect Classic. Good stuff!
    haha did your heart stop for a second

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    eh i get where you are coming from if you look at those things from a 2019 perspective.

but back in the day a limited edition physical only CE was just that, a CE, a nice extra for the fans.
    yet guess what
    if you wanted those pets you could not earn them ingame
    you NEEDED to pay REAL LIFE MONEY if you wanted those INGAME ITEMS.

cash shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm.

Vanilla doesn't have a cash shop.
    Retail does.

Sorry.
    Wow that is some next level dodging.
    yeah im just gunna go pay blizzard 120$ and buy some pets for classic. yep totally not cash shop, nope, totally not.
    but telling my friend "hey you should try wow" CASSSSH SHOOOOOOOOOOOP

5+ Year Old Account
    better then the scroll of ressurection which was like 6 years.
    That was 6 months right?

yet guess what
    if you wanted those pets you could not earn them ingame
    you NEEDED to pay REAL LIFE MONEY if you wanted those INGAME ITEMS.

cash shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that is some next level dodging.
    yeah im just gunna go pay blizzard 120$ and buy some pets for classic. yep totally not cash shop, nope, totally not.
    but telling my friend "hey you should try wow" CASSSSH SHOOOOOOOOOOOP
    You're inept.

Vanilla never had and never will have a cash shop, there's literally no way it had a cash shop because of a CE item.

You REALLY need a book. Using your Logic, ONE TIME ONLY SALES mean Cash Shop. I mean Jesus Christ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    That was 6 months right?
    nah it was "They needed to have been unsubbed since before cata's launch"

- - - Updated - - -

You're inept.

Vanilla never had and never will have a cash shop, there's literally no way it had a cash shop because of a CE item.

You REALLY need a book. Using your Logic, ONE TIME ONLY SALES mean Cash Shop. I mean Jesus Christ.
    blizzard charging real life money, for something that is in the game, is a cash shop.
    i love how suddenly you are the one defending blizz.
    wernt you calling me a blizz shill earlier? are you under the desk now.

nah it was "They needed to have been unsubbed since before cata's launch"

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard charging real life money, for something that is in the game, is a cash shop.
    i love how suddenly you are the one defending blizz.
    wernt you calling me a blizz shill earlier? are you under the desk now.
    I'm not shilling for anybody lmao, I'm trying to point out how extremely STUPID you sound.

Blizzard isn't charging $1k for a CE version of the base game. Please, show me where they are, and I'll agree with you that vanilla had a cash shop.