Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Remove Benthic GEAR Worst idea from WoW History

Farming on 2 chars no chance to get that Benthic gear for raiding... Really bad idea from Blizzard how can a 425ilvl item can be better than a 450item.
    Really??

I've seen people farming 50+ pearls a day without putting in much effort at all. All the pieces will come eventually. Not only that, unless you're able to orange parse, you aren't going to miss the 200ish dps loss over a 450 item without a socket. Which I'm pretty sure you aren't pushing for world firsts.

They won't be removing it at this point. Whether or not they'll reuse the system for 8.3 is what to focus on right now

Seems like they shouldn't give the negative feedback generally from raiders

Unless you're pushing cutting edge content or aiming for orange parses Benthic isn't make or break. You won't notice the 100-200 dps increase or decrease.

Outside of EP Benthic gear is useless so that 450ilv item still has value. It won't work in the 8.3 raid unless its in Naz.

They would've nerfed it a long time ago if they we're going too and it sure as hell isn't making bosses die faster.

Can someone explain this system to me? Haven't played 8.2 yet.

Farm perls or hush, and like the others have said Casuals wont miss + - 1k dps on the 4 pieces of Benthic gear if they are green/blue/purple parsed to begin with lol
    I.O BFA Season 3

Players for literally years: We want upgradable gear back! That was such a good idea, so much better than this STUUUUUPID rng titanforging!
    Blizzard: does exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by Leronas View Post
    Benthic?...
    Yeah i'm not following either.. Is this a mechagon thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Players for literally years: We want upgradable gear back! That was such a good idea, so much better than this STUUUUUPID rng titanforging!
    Blizzard: does exactly that
    Players: We want Gear vendors back with a currency that we can buy it with.
    Blizzard: Alright here you go
    Players: REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10+ Year Old Account
    just ignore it.

I never look at BiS for my characters, because it doesn't matter. Im not pushing world first anything.

Just pick the gear with the higher ilvl and you'll be alright for all content.

Farming benthic gear to help raiding was sensible in the first week of mythic for players competing in the world first race.

Everyone who wants this now, 2 months later, is better off using 445 gear. They are so far behind the curve that the additional stamina helps them more to kill bosses than the 200 dps which they aren't even capable of producing on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Players: We want Gear vendors back with a currency that we can buy it with.
    Blizzard: Alright here you go
    Players: REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    I mean it's a clearly established fact that the entire wow population cannot agree on anything, nor do they even actually know what they want

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I've seen people farming 50+ pearls a day without putting in much effort at all. All the pieces will come eventually. Not only that, unless you're able to orange parse, you aren't going to miss the 200ish dps loss over a 450 item without a socket. Which I'm pretty sure you aren't pushing for world firsts.
    Am here to say that I've historically orange parsed, and between benthic gear garbage and a lack of luck from +10 weekly chest, I've dropped to mid purple parses. Garbage system that impacts me unfarily when I've proven for almost 4 years now I have the SKILL to be as good as I think I am. I just don't have the dedication or desire to indulge blizzard's fetish for /played. It's the principle of the matter.

I'm not spending one dumb fucking hour facerolling garbage adds in nazjatar, or running around like a monkey doing cafe world tier content. Blizz can take their low-effort-to-develop, high-yield-on-player-engagement content and shove it up their ass. If the trend continues, I'm out, and the mobile game market people who have priorities that value progression over gameplay that seem to now be the majority of the MMO market can go burn together with blizzard as they willingly let blizz suck their life away.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2019-09-10 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    just ignore it.

I never look at BiS for my characters, because it doesn't matter. Im not pushing world first anything.

100% true for 99% of the players.

Good enough is good enough for most of the game. By a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Leronas View Post
    Can someone explain this system to me? Haven't played 8.2 yet.
    Basically its gear you get from WQs, rares, events, etc in Nazjatar and you can upgrade with a currency from ilvl 385 -> 425. It has unique item effects and bonuses that only work in Nazjatar and the Eternal Palace raid. It very powerful gear available outside of raiding but also extremely time-consuming to grind a single piece of benethic gear to 425 ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anything can top Legiondaries...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's on you for thinking that you need Benthic Gear to raid.

Learn some self-control instead of trying to remove something fun from WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    just ignore it.

This is the best course of action.

Yes mate I'm sure you posting a thread asking them to remove benthic gear on MMOC is gonna do something.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the availability of gear catchups on vendors with a farmable currency as a concept for alts/rerolls/returning places, but I really dislike that Benthic gear pieces can be significantly better than raid gear of higher ilvl. That said, this problem really isn't new. Blizzard has made similar missteps in the past. I'm not really sure I find Benthic worse than, for example, getting stuck farming Karazhan for a year and a half straight because the badge gear was better than a lot of the gear in Tier 6 and Sunwell.

Catch up gear is great, but I don't think Blizzard has ever been been really strong at finding the sweet spot between "garbage" and "too good" when it comes to the concept. Although I dislike it, I'm not particularly enraged about Benthic. I'm just not going to farm it, and I will accept shittier parses as a result.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |